Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When it all DOES add up....

Had an after work hunt in the city. Got to the park early to beat the traffic for the Orioles game.

Tried a few new areas to me and made my way back to the productive area from prior visits. It did not disappoint.
I came upon a three coin spill that included a V-nickel, and both Indian and wheat pennies. The Indian is the oldest at 1903, with the V next oldest at 1911, and the wheat at 1919, just 97 years old. Keep in mind that this hunt was today, May 31st. The combined ages of the three-coin spill is 315 years. The 315 y.o. spill was found on the 31st day of the 5th month.....how weird! Now it would have been much cooler to find a single coin dated 1701, but, alas, not today, and not very likely in this park. Ha!

Glad to come away with the Indian and the V, those give me a decent start for the Club's 'Board' competition at the end of June.

Aside from the 1919 wheat there were 7 other wheats ranging from 1913 to 1951. Where's the silver?

Finds.jpg

Upvote 10
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy! The Indian came out first, then the wheat, followed by the V....a rare find.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hand full of copper & congrats on your finds. This day at the park would have made my day also - anyway thanks for sharing and wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good day McCDig.:thumbsup: It's not every hunt that gives up 10 keepers. Parks around here do not produce as well as the park you were at. I did find one park up in Lorain that I have detected 4 times. I pulled a keeper on 3 hunts, but the 4th one I only pulled trash and clad.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice range of coins. Congrats!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Texas Ed. I plan on heading back tomorrow AM. Will hit the tot lot early and then switch machines and look for deep targets.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks L-D. I've heard the guys in the club say that targets are getting scarce in the park I've been detecting, but the upside is that I've moved into parts I haven't detected before. Lots of trash, but good targets too. Awesome every now and then to hear that faint repeatable tone!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy G. Yes. When I went to my first test area I used someone's advice of going right to the center. Did that and the first good signal was the 1913 wheat.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art. It was, as you said, a "good hunt". Got a little frustrated part way through but then I finally got "in the zone".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread