What's new

Would this be too mean of a trick to play on someone?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.webp005.webpMy uncle is a newbie to the sport:metaldetector:,and he seems to be very excited about it!I think he has a good sense of humor,but is kind of a possessive person.He is always talking about "that gold coin out there",So I thought I might plant this one on him:laughing7:.Personally, I would be a little upset at first,But laugh at it later.what do you guys think? :coins:
 
If he isn't much bigger than you then go for it!
 
If he isn't much bigger than you then go for it!
:laughing7:he is bigger,but a pretty passive guy.I like your way of thinking thow,plus I can run if I have too!
 
Last edited:
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
 
I'm sure he has a sense of humor. lol. Overboard is a fake lotto tkt with a million in winnings.
 
Did you ever read my post after Christmas, my sis in law buried v nicks and barber halves, and it turned into a cluster f. do him a favor, lay it flat in an obvious place, not 10 inches deep on edge. yes, I am still pissed about it. your situation is different, and you mostly don't have morons for family members.
 
That is funny. I would love to place that in a hole for my buddy to find. I can only imagine him looking at the bottom of the hole and the token staring back at him with that smart-a** remark. I will have to find one of those. Too funny.
 
put a note by it:laughing7:
 
put a note by it:laughing7:

I just found one on Feebay. I am going to put one of the happy face stickers on the eagle side and he could flip it over. I think that i have one with a tongue sticking out.
 
I guess I just don't have a sense of humor when it comes to finds. I don't think its a nice thing to do.
 
If he has a sense of humor it will work. My nut job family has pulled several on me from drilling a hole in a small log loading it with quarters then throwing it in the wood pile, to burying a gold ring because they wanted me to "find something" in their yard!....they are ALL still alive! It was hard to give the ring back!
 
do it.

take video.

post back.


we'll wait.
 
Naw. . . I'd go for it. And as "AA" said: put a note with it.

My son buried a quarter with a note wrapped around it the night
I got my first detector. . . I still have the note and quarter. I should have
known something was up when I noticed my whole family with their faces
pressed against the window :laughing9:
 
Did you ever read my post after Christmas, my sis in law buried v nicks and barber halves, and it turned into a cluster f. do him a favor, lay it flat in an obvious place, not 10 inches deep on edge. yes, I am still pissed about it. your situation is different, and you mostly don't have morons for family members.
I have not been on treasure net that long!Sounds like you are not too happy about it thow.But that would be half the fun to make him dig a little for it.I am thinking ,mabey 5 or 6 inches.:icon_scratch:
 
Some would find it hilarious.......others would find a new hunting partner.
 
I guess I just don't have a sense of humor when it comes to finds. I don't think its a nice thing to do.
See, thats what I am worried about.I dont want no one mad at me!Might be a good way to test character too.:lightbulb:See if he sticks it in his pocket real fast and doesn;t tell me he found something.
 
My beeping partner and I have fun like this. We usually just do things such as accusing each other that we "cheated" by bringing coins home or yell at each other to get away from my AO (area of operation) when we are detecting. Usually, he accuses me of bringing coins from the house because I kick his butt when we go out :laughing7:. He likes to tell me that I get him down because I look at a yard and tell him that we probably won't get permission to beep (ruin his momentum he calls it) because the yard is too nice, etc.

You got to have a sense of humor about all this. Face it, it is pure irony that people will go out and dig with their fingers in the heat or frost to find a couple of pennies and using hundreds of dollars worth of equipment to do so, that most people wouldn't bend down to pick up even if they dropped it themselves!
 
Last edited:
To some people it might be funny, to some I don't know if you could duck fast enough. Some people take things seriously when it comes to different things like that.
 
I did this once to a friend in Florida. We were hunting the Treasure Coast near Ft. Pierce. My son and I had gone by the Mel Fisher Museum in Sebastian a few days earlier.
I had bought one of the fake gold coins there with the intention of pulling the stunt on him. It worked like a charm. He was dancing around in circles when he dug it up. We all knew that it was fake...except him...so we all started laughing. Only wish I had a camera at the time to record the look on his face. He had pulled a stunt on me some time before that...so we didn't feel too bad about
getting him back. After he realized it was fake..he said..."I thought the weight of it seemed odd..." We said.."Sure you did...that's why you were dancing in circles huh?" No sense of humor? Everybody needs one at one time or another...........:tongue3:
 
It could be a case of if this happened to you, it would be hilarious. If it happened to me, it would be 'an unfortunate, ill-thought out act that set in motion a chain of tragic events'. (At least that's what I imagine my defense attorney would tell the jury in opening statements.) Just kiddin, go for it. Get pics of him findin that if you can.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom