Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here but I got a pleasant surprise after cleaning some crud off a wheat penny this morning. Apparently I might have found a toasted 1914 D penny yesterday! Not much to look at but will definitely fill that hole in my penny album if that’s what it is. The 44’s I found in the same area aren’t green and in much better shape. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1617381747.897478.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1617381773.635465.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1617382059.296918.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 29

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than sticking it back in a vacant hole in your album, you may wish to consider getting the coin certified then placed is a frame to post in your man cave.
Don......

This is such a significant find would be nice to display to see regularly.

Thank you all! I’ve graded a couple of finds ( dimes returned XF40 and MS
60) and I know this would come back environmental damage. Not worth the cost. Just happy to share this with you all. Going in my album.

Sometimes I'll soak green oxidized or dirt encrusted cents in hydrogen peroxide, but I wouldn't do this one. It looks like it has already lost some of the higher parts of the 4 because of oxidation and handling. do you have any Verdi-care to put on it? it's hard to come by but worth the effort to look for some.

Maybe get one of the plastic snaplocks (a plastic slab) to put it in and display. I'm a little worried that being in the folder might degrade it to the point of obliterating the date or MM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions