Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0970.JPG IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0969.JPG

Searching around the old park that I have been hitting pretty hard I found what I believe to be a WWII era Army officers button, a 1917 Mercury dime in rough shape, a copper ring, 1 Wheat penny, and a total of $1.80 in change. In the park there is a very trashy area where I was able to pick 3 quarters off the top of the ground, or close to it. But it is so bad that my E-Trac constantly chatters from all of the metal in the ground. I'm going to get a 5 inch coil soon to see if I can get any better luck in it. About 30 feet away from that area I was able to get the mercury dime. That made my total of silver coins for the year 34. This is my first year of metal detecting and I feel I am doing pretty good.

Upvote 3

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver is silver!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks and sounds like you are doing great

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Heck yea your doin good that's a hoard of silver coins for a year.
Nice stuff I really like military buttons got my first a couple weeks ago:)

Keep diggin.

NYBobbyD

Jul 13, 2014
Bemus Point , NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable!!! the endless targets in that dirt!!!.......nice work.....keep getting some more of the trash off the top so I can come through and find some easy silver....:laughing7:

OP
OP
G

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable!!! the endless targets in that dirt!!!.......nice work.....keep getting some more of the trash off the top so I can come through and find some easy silver....:laughing7:

I'm heading out there again today if interested. The mercury was all by itself just waiting to be picked up over behind the restrooms. The button was along the road by the large cent area. Same with the ring. I can't believe that there are still so many targets worth picking up over there. I'm getting a 5 inch coil so I can start going through the really trashy areas. I bet there are some really cool finds waiting to happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread