What's new

X-70 and deep iron

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother encountered several instances this weekend where his X-70 gave him good tone and numbers on heavily corroded pieces of iron at 6" - 8". Pattern 2 tones 3. Any ideas?? I couldn't help him on this one because I'm still learning my X-70. But I think he probably wasn't listening close enough to catch the slight flutter of the tones.
 
To me this is common with all detectors. You can discriminate some iron but if you go too much, you take the chance of missing the good stuff.
Larger pieces of iron will give you a solid tone alot of the time. It's your choice to dig it or not. I usually dig because sometimes that iron target could also hide a good target. True, you have to learn your machine and know how it responds on different items. It's a little like catch 22. This is just my opinon. I hope it helps. Happy hunting and good luck.

Sniper
 
The way i tell deep iron is to check the signal around the edges.Think of the big iron like the planet Saturn.The planet itself gives the high tone,but the ring around it gives the true sounds.Try approaching the target from all angles so that your just clipping the edge of the target.That should give you the true tone of the target..
I use my X-terra 70 with either the DD 10 1/2" coils.18.75 and the 7.5 khz.I use two tones and all metal mode.I mainly search farmland though. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom