What's new

You tell me what it is?

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug today, never seen anything like it.
Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 11-1-10 017.webp
    11-1-10 017.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 798
  • 11-1-10 018.webp
    11-1-10 018.webp
    59 KB · Views: 769
  • 11-1-10 017.webp
    11-1-10 017.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 759
  • 11-1-10 018.webp
    11-1-10 018.webp
    59 KB · Views: 768
After a little searching, I'm getting the impression this is Italian. Below are pics of the arms of Genoa, and also the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. You can see the Jerusalem cross in the lower right corner.
 

Attachments

  • imgres.webp
    imgres.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 2sicilies-arms.webp
    2sicilies-arms.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
After a little searching, I'm getting the impression this is Italian. Below are pics of the arms of Genoa, and also the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. You can see the Jerusalem cross in the lower right corner.

Good research, so probably narrowed to an Italian made fob watch (& key/winder). Although I guess its easy to give that impression & still be made elsewhere :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Actually, I'm thinking it may be a religious medal, not a winder. I was looking at a St. Ignatius medal, pre-1781 that looked a whole lot like Mr. ???? on this what's it. The workmanship was very similar also. Maybe with the coat of arms, he is a city patron saint? :dontknow:

Sure wish we knew what it said. :help:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom