Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC01715.JPGDSC01717.JPGDSC01719.JPG

Yes, finally, one off the bucket list! And no; it has not been cleaned. I included other copper items in the last picture to show how many of the copper coins/tokens look that have been pulled from the Lake Champlain rocky clay. Man, this feels so good. Got it in the same area as the eagle cockade pin, 1st Regiment Light Artillery button, and US General Service button. Again, the Zebra Mussels were buggers when I dove down and clung to the nearby rocks (I forgot my glove).

Anyway, if anyone has a problem with the way it looks, "Mind Your Business".

aj

Upvote 17
Congrats. Looks better than a saltwater one anyway

Wow! Nice find....just recently learned about fugios from this site. Definitely a bucket-lister for me!

No problem, if you had not explain I would have guessed it was from river mud that was at least tidal because it looks like the Thames finds I get. ie. wet & oxygen free.

Awesome fugio man!

MY MY FUGIO OH OH OH . NAW THATS NOT PHIL COLLINS SONG ...

A lot of people are trying to mind their own business! Congrats on a true bucket list find! Awesome shape too

The coin is alright...The Upstate NY attitude is spectacular!

"... mind your business..." Priceless!

Who cares what it looks like to others, awesome find in any shape. CONGRATS

No problem, if you had not explain I would have guessed it was from river mud that was at least tidal because it looks like the Thames finds I get. ie. wet & oxygen free.

I guess you explained it...wet and low oxygen. The bottom of northern Lake Champlain is essentially clay. Some of my underwater finds were no more than ~ 1 inch (2.54 cm for those across the pond) in to the clay. The coppers come out looking like they had been soaking in vinegar all night. It also explains the condition of the War of 1812 buttons and relics from there; like they were dropped less than a year ago.

aj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back