What's new

Zachary Taylor is Rough and Ready

DeArmitt Pa

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
124
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well we went back with Mach 1 Pilot and it was a short but good hunt. Got the Zachary Taylor button at about 4 inches deep. Unfortunatly the steel back rotted away. I also got an iron buckle and a large axe. A Mortise Axe to be precise, circa 1760's.

Then Bedford Bob and I went to another site and this is where I got everything else. A bunch of bits, some flat buttons, a 1915 Dog Tax, a wheatie, and a arrow head, but a broken point.
 

Attachments

  • Axe.webp
    Axe.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 802
  • Bits.webp
    Bits.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Button 1.webp
    Button 1.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 793
  • Button 2.webp
    Button 2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 823
  • Dog Tax.webp
    Dog Tax.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 4
DeArmitt, Really nice finds! Love the axe, and he button came out of the ground in great shape considerig it's 160 years old!
 
You did great for only having about 40 minutes of daylight!!!! :hello2:
 
That button is too cool!!!My buddy Ironman dug that one a while back and I have been extremely jelous!!I have the clay face pipe of his bust in my collection however (so does Ironman) :icon_thumleft:
 
His T shirt Says " I'm not Lucky, I'm good " Mach 1 Pilot and I think he's Just Lucky, Not Good ::)
 
I hate to say it, but I am a bit envious of that mortise axe. Sweet find! The button is cool too, and I like the other relics, as well.

HH
R.I.
 
WTG on the axe. I also like the dog tax tag!! Can't wait to find my first dog tag!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
WOW ~ such cool old relics! VERY NICE! That 1915 Dog Tag is AWESOME!! CONGRAT'S!!!
 
Great button... I dug one 18 years ago.. one of my favorite buttons!!! Yours is in much better shape!!

MB
 
Yes he was "Rough & Ready! Very nice 1848 Presidential Button!

As Kuger stated earlier I was fortunate enough to find the same button as yours last year! I hope you don't mind me posting a picture of it and the 1850's clay pipe of Zachary Taylor who unfortunately died in office in 1850.
E-mailIMG_0650.jpg


My button
E-mailIMG_0652.jpg


Again, very cool find! Congrats!!
Ironman!
 
Ironman! said:
Yes he was "Rough & Ready! Very nice 1848 Presidential Button!

As Kuger stated earlier I was fortunate enough to find the same button as yours last year! I hope you don't mind me posting a picture of it and the 1850's clay pipe of Zachary Taylor who unfortunately died in office in 1850.
E-mailIMG_0650.jpg


My button
E-mailIMG_0652.jpg


Again, very cool find! Congrats!!
Ironman!

Wonderful finds Ironman! Zachary kind of a had an "Alfred Hitchcock" thing going on with that profile, didn't he? :D
 
Thanks Ironman!I was hoping you would be along to support my claim!! :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom