Zorn's Beer

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottle 082822.jpg
There's nothing like an ice cold Zorn's Beer after a long hot day of detecting!

Some day's your best find is not one you make with the detector.

The edge of this bottle was sticking out of the ground. I thought it was a pipe and went to remove it so it wouldn't mask good targets. Pulled it out and...ooh baby! Not a perfect specimen, but I'm tickled that it is whole and has no cracks.

What's exciting is Zorn's can now be purchased again, so I'm sure they'll appreciate the plug. They have a micro-brewery in Michigan City about four blocks from where I found the bottle. Maybe I should pay them a visit.

Finds 082822.jpg

Today's finds...

1898 IHP with damage.
1899 Indian Head Penny.
Nice brass suspender clip.
P&F Corbin New Britian Ct Key. This is antique and apparently they are collectible.
Aqua Zorn's Beer Bottle, Fred Umlauf Bottler.

PBS

Upvote 4

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2043780
There's nothing like an ice cold Zorn's Beer after a long hot day of detecting!

Some day's your best find is not one you make with the detector.

The edge of this bottle was sticking out of the ground. I thought it was a pipe and went to remove it so it wouldn't mask good targets. Pulled it out and...ooh baby! Not a perfect specimen, but I'm tickled that it is whole and has no cracks.

What's exciting is Zorn's can now be purchased again, so I'm sure they'll appreciate the plug. They have a micro-brewery in Michigan City about four blocks from where I found the bottle. Maybe I should pay them a visit.

View attachment 2043782

Today's finds...

1898 IHP with damage.
1899 Indian Head Penny.
Nice brass suspender clip.
P&F Corbin New Britian Ct Key. This is antique and apparently they are collectible.
Aqua Zorn's Beer Bottle, Fred Umlauf Bottler.

PBS
Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread