Im heated!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a negative feedback. Guy wanted to buy something. That he was blocked from buying. But somehow he was not blocked on another item anybody. I did not put two into together and mailed out the item to him. I got a negative feedback from him because he had not paid for two items in the past and that was blocked on my account but somehow he was able to purchase another item that he wasn't locked under.

So after selling 310 items in the last two months. Doing everything to make everybody happy and trying my best to succeed in doing what's right and doing the right thing. Somebody that hasn't paid for an item in the past was able to leave me negative feedback and there's nothing I can do about it.

Just so happens I was out of town driving back from South Carolina the day he sent me the email and I forgot to get back to him. It is a 15 Hour Dr. in fog and rain with tons of other people around so I can't drive. I had planned to answer him back the next day but he'd already bought something.

EBay was no help. I was on the phone for an hour and a half and even though he sent me an email saying he was not interested in the item he bought and he wanted another item that he was blocked on it he was still able to leave me negative feedback. EBay will not remove it they want me to try to work with him and explain to him the situation so he will remove it. But I guarantee it probably will not happen. So moral of the story is why care. Not really but I mean it's impossible to make everybody happy I guess. I will have a least one negative for the rest of the year until next March on something that I can prevent no matter what and the company that I make money for even though I talked to five different people said they could not help me with it..

I have had several emails with everybody who has emailed me I missed one night. I missed one email and it will cost me a whole year. How can that not piss you off! There so many companies out there that don't care and don't even want to be involved and then when I try to be one of those companies that do care you still get burned! It just really ticks me off that eBay kept saying too bad, we cannot help you! Turds

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breath deep....relax....I know your reputation means a lot. I still buy from people on ebay with negative feedback, Yes I do read them but most of the time you can tell they couldn't be made happy. And yes the old adage is true you cannot please everybody. That is why we have democrats and republicans.....lol

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breath deep....relax....I know your reputation means a lot. I still buy from people on ebay with negative feedback, Yes I do read them but most of the time you can tell they couldn't be made happy. And yes the old adage is true you cannot please everybody. That is why we have democrats and republicans.....lol

Good point

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This really stinks. Sorry. My father and I sold on eBay together before I started full time on my own. We got a negative on his account that read "How can you sleep at night!!!!!!!". This was for a $9 paper doll book. And mind you my dad is extremely honest with all his descriptions and even refunds extra shipping costs when he overcharges. They never contacted or responded to his questions. It became a running joke between us, and still is to this day.
You just have to laugh it off, chalk it down to the law of averages. Each year you are bound to deal with someone who most likely is scamming the system or is never happy no matter what you do. Take pride in the great job you do!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really stinks. Sorry. My father and I sold on eBay together before I started full time on my own. We got a negative on his account that read "How can you sleep at night!!!!!!!". This was for a $9 paper doll book. And mind you my dad is extremely honest with all his descriptions and even refunds extra shipping costs when he overcharges. They never contacted or responded to his questions. It became a running joke between us, and still is to this day. You just have to laugh it off, chalk it down to the law of averages. Each year you are bound to deal with someone who most likely is scamming the system or is never happy no matter what you do. Take pride in the great job you do!
True. I got an email from him earlier asking if I would change my settings so he can take away the negative feedback. He wants to buy something that I have on my site for $700. But I think he's probably just trying to mess with me again I don't really know. Or he wants it but he really went about it the wrong way by leaving a feedback of negative before I even got to answer his question. Do you think I should continue to deal with him and try to get it changed around or just block him?

Btw he was blocked due to 4+ policy violations in the last six months. I'm thinking I should just block him have the negative and be done with it. I don't know if I really trust him or not.

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't blame you for being bummed. However, you have the option of responding to his feed back on ebay with your explanation. I've read a number of negatives that the seller responded to that made the buyer look like the type that is never pleased.
luvsdux

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
True. I got an email from him earlier asking if I would change my settings so he can take away the negative feedback. He wants to buy something that I have on my site for $700. But I think he's probably just trying to mess with me again I don't really know. Or he wants it but he really went about it the wrong way by leaving a feedback of negative before I even got to answer his question. Do you think I should continue to deal with him and try to get it changed around or just block him?

Btw he was blocked due to 4+ policy violations in the last six months. I'm thinking I should just block him have the negative and be done with it. I don't know if I really trust him or not.

IMHO, you should should just block him and be done with it! Also, if he is using the tactic "if you unblock me, so that I can remove the Negative Feedback I gave you and so I can purchase the item I want", then that is considered Feedback extortion and is a violation of eBay's rules and policies. If that is what the latest emails from him state, then notify eBay of this and forward the emails to them. If they will not remove the Negative Feedback after seeing this, then something is seriously wrong with the folks running eBay nowadays. Many years ago, I received a Negative Feedback from a Seller because I complained in the Feedback that I left him for overcharging me on the shipping of a broken Penn Fishing Reel even though I actually gave him Positive Feedback instead of Neutral or Negative which he deserved. I contacted eBay and even though I gave them proof that he overcharged me on the shipping (I paid $10 for the shipping of the reel and he only paid $1.30 total and sent the reel in a box he pulled out of the trash as it was dirty and greasy with dirty shipping peanuts inside), they would not remove the Negative Feedback he left for me. I told them that if that was the case, then they did not deserve me as a Buyer or Seller on eBay, so I left. After about a year and a half had passed, I went on eBay to look for an item that I could not find locally or within 100 miles from me and noticed that the Negative Feedback was gone and that the Seller that gave the Negative Feedback to me, was no longer a registered member of eBay. I am not saying that you should do the same as you probably sell items on eBay full time but since I only sold occasionally, I stood my' ground and did what I did!

Frank

Last edited:

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't mess around with this person. Block him. Call eBay and talk to a rep that actually cares. This should get your negative removed in my opinion.
The crappy thing about all of this is defect system. That bad feedback could cost you that final value fee savings, that's what really makes me upset.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't mess around with this person. Block him. Call eBay and talk to a rep that actually cares. This should get your negative removed in my opinion. The crappy thing about all of this is defect system. That bad feedback could cost you that final value fee savings, that's what really makes me upset.

No kidding. And what bothers me the most is that he did not even want the item he bought. He said directly in the email I don't want this item I want the other one but I am blocked from buying it so I'm going to buy this one anyways and talk to you afterwards. So that tells me he bought it just to leave me negative feedback so that we can try to work something out afterwards but all five people on eBay don't see it that way.

And I don't understand how he was able to be blocked on all of my items but one.... How do I have the same settings for all my listings and he's able to buy one thing?

Last thought:

it's his stinking fault he's block to begin with. 4 policy violations in the last six months I have none and I've been on here for seven years. (besides listing a piece of ivory that I didn't know was Ivory)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I want to know is... How is a buyer blocked from buying one item and able to purchase another from you? If you block a bidder he isn't allowed to bid/buy anything from you, period. What am I missing here?

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I want to know is... How is a buyer blocked from buying one item and able to purchase another from you? If you block a bidder he isn't allowed to bid/buy anything from you, period. What am I missing here?

This seems crazy too. Did he open a new account? Otherwise he shouldn't have been able to buy from you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

This thread was hard to follow. I suspect we aren't getting the full story...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He told me he was blocked on buying everything except for one or two things. And then he bought one. When I'm done with his online class here I will post the first initial email he sent. But then again I guess none of this really matters because I can't do crap about it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He told me he was blocked on buying everything except for one or two things. And then he bought one. When I'm done with his online class here I will post the first initial email he sent. But then again I guess none of this really matters because I can't do crap about it.
Let me rephrase the question... Was he on your blocked bidders list?

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check my account - preferences - buyer requirements activity log...
If true, you'll see a bunch of attempts from him with ebay's exact reason as to why he could not. Though you may already have if you know it was for policy violations.

At least it will show you how many he attempted to buy before he found the magic item.

I'd be pissed. He slipped through a block eBay has, they should be on the line for the negative that was not for the product but regarding the blocking.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check my account - preferences - buyer requirements activity log... If true, you'll see a bunch of attempts from him with ebay's exact reason as to why he could not. Though you may already have if you know it was for policy violations. At least it will show you how many he attempted to buy before he found the magic item. I'd be pissed. He slipped through a block eBay has, they should be on the line for the negative that was not for the product but regarding the blocking.

And I tried telling him that too that if he's tried to buy several Other things and he was blocked on all of them but then found one that he could get then how am I liable for the feedback. And why can it be removed. But they're saying that since I did not respond back to his first question when he asked me on the 27th when I was not able to respond back to him and then within eight hours by 8 o'clock the next morning he bought an item and paid for it how was I supposed to even get back to him. I had a couple hours to answer him and his question and he had already bought something and had planned on give me negative feedback right from the start.

I will check the log but at this point I'm pretty sure even going to do anything about it and less emails me and says you do this or else! Frustrating.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice he keeps his feedback private also. I would definitely respond to his. He doesn't sound too bright or maybe he's foreign or something from the looks of the fb he left you. As stated you can see whether or not you had any bids that were blocked because of your buyer requirements. Go to: My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements > Buyer Requirements Activity Log.

Click it and it will show a list of buyers you blocked in the past 60 days using Buyer Requirements.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice he keeps his feedback private also. I would definitely respond to his. He doesn't sound too bright or maybe he's foreign or something from the looks of the fb he left you. As stated you can see whether or not you had any bids that were blocked because of your buyer requirements. Go to: My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements > Buyer Requirements Activity Log. Click it and it will show a list of buyers you blocked in the past 60 days using Buyer Requirements.

Awesome. Thanks. I will do that!

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I notice he keeps his feedback private also. I would definitely respond to his. He doesn't sound too bright or maybe he's foreign or something from the looks of the fb he left you. As stated you can see whether or not you had any bids that were blocked because of your buyer requirements. Go to: My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements > Buyer Requirements Activity Log.

Click it and it will show a list of buyers you blocked in the past 60 days using Buyer Requirements.

Thanks for that link, I just updated mine. The funny thing on that is that Ebay asks if you want to block bidders with a -1 or lower feedback. Hmmmm...the only way that could happen is if they were a seller. Since we cant leave negative feedback for a buyer, it seems they should update that option. Straight from the source it reads "This requirement can help you avoid buyers who have received more negative than positive feedback from other eBay members bidding on your item"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread