Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    94 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Don't say it!

Don't say it .... I don't want to hear it again. "At least you got out"! Argggggggggg. Yes, I got out and it was a pretty nice morning too but.... nothing to brag about as far as finds. I have no idea what that big chunk of metal is. All I know is that it is HEAVY! It put my detector in to overload. I got more of those tiny little sinkers, another thumbtack and of course a few pulltabs and a bottle cap.

I found my eighth nitro stud earring. Soon I'm going to have enough of these earrings to open my own store!

I "thought" I got lucky and heard a nice sound.... looking through the water I could see a silver line shimmering. Ah yes a necklace..... oh boy! Nope, it wasn't a necklace but a piece of silver tinfoil like the old Christmas icicles but the thing setting the machine off was a small clasp - well maybe that was "good". Nope.... it wasn't, it's junk too. **sigh**

Well at least I didn't run into any sea creatures with sharp teeth, barbs etc.

Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    698 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Re: Don't say it!

Hi Mumszie,

At least you got ... some signals. I've detected some dry sand beaches and have gone for 30 mins without a peep (not counting the times I forgot to turn on the detector).

That big hunk of metal looks kinda like a big machine nut?

HH Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    75 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Oh come on now mumszie. We know what you have done. You have cleaned out those beaches too good. How about leaving some for the rest of us? Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    Jan 2008
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

At least you got ... some signals
    yup just what I was going to say
    <br />http://www.greyareagraphics.com

us
    Apr 2008
    8 times

Ok,I will not say it,But at least you got wet,

us
    Jan 2009
    E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
    35 times

I have no idea what that big chunk of metal is. All I know is that it is HEAVY! It put my detector in to overload.
    Don't want to get your hopes up but that has the hallmarks of a meteorite. I'd be gettin that puppy tested!
    Let's keep it positive

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    297 times

maybe it's a piece of cannonball or sumpin.

Here I thougt I was the only one that has hunted with their machine turned off, or in pinpoint only
    May you know peace all the years of your life

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Piercesdad
    I have no idea what that big chunk of metal is. All I know is that it is HEAVY! It put my detector in to overload.
    Don't want to get your hopes up but that has the hallmarks of a meteorite. I'd be gettin that puppy tested!
    Possibly, but it almost looks to have a specific shape. A pyramid shape with a depression in the top and some sort of attachment on the side?
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    29 times

Here's what you found

I ordered one of these new lava cakes from Dominos. They feel just like a cannonball going down. JP
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    94 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Here's what you found

Quote Originally Posted by coolpix9
    I ordered one of these new lava cakes from Dominos. They feel just like a cannonball going down. JP
    Boy, don't get me started about those lava cakes! I got one and thought each one of us (4 of us) could have a little piece to see how it tasted. When it got here it was the size of a little cupcake! Sheesh! I gave the whole thing to my grandson. I didn't expect it to be big but that was ridiculous!
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    Susan

Sep 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Minelab

I totally feel ya! I've only been doing this for a week or so and I haven't found anything other than beer caps, bobby pins and the like. (Bobby pins should be outlawed!). It's very frustrating. I'm not giving up, though. But I do understand that Arrrrrrgh! factor. LOL
    If anyone wants some company on a hunt, I'd love to tag along!

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    94 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Smremm
    I totally feel ya! I've only been doing this for a week or so and I haven't found anything other than beer caps, bobby pins and the like. (Bobby pins should be outlawed!). It's very frustrating. I'm not giving up, though. But I do understand that Arrrrrrgh! factor. LOL
    Hang in there Susan. You can ask anyone on here that I complain a lot when I'm not finding anything but I do have my good days too. You just hang in there and you will have good days also.

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    37 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

your staying pretty constant on finding the nitro ear rings , To me it seems to be slowing down all over , I know the last month , month an a half I'm hitting less an less every trip out , it's not just you Mums
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    59 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

at least you got to detect some,
    now i didnt say at least you got out !!
    ALLEN

Sponsors