scrounger and scubatreasure ...testing the Excalibur at Clearwater Beach

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
[/img]

Scrounger was kind enough to dig this hole at just over 2 feet deep to find a crushed orange soda can...impressive depth capability

I was digging pull tabs at over 1 foot

great hunting with you scrounger ...now its pizza time!

Attachments

• scrounger.jpg
    scrounger.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 870
Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it too when I dig a hole like that just to find a crushed can. I've learned now, if the signal is strong and your down a foot, it will turn out to be a can. But, I just know deep down inside, that one can that I don't dig up will turn out to be a fistfull of gold.

Have fun.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an incredible feeling of accomplishment when one does dig down 2 feet and recovers something like that. I know everytime I've done it I look around to see if anybody is looking. :laughing9:

I wish people would grow up and take their garbage with them. One hunter explained to me the best beaches for hunting are the ones with garbage. Garbage is a sign that tells you what type of people were there. The more beer bottles there are, the more chance you have at finding gold. Drinking, the beach, and losing nice jewelry go hand in hand. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Capt. JP said:
I love it too when I dig a hole like that just to find a crushed can. I've learned now, if the signal is strong and your down a foot, it will turn out to be a can. But, I just know deep down inside, that one can that I don't dig up will turn out to be a fistfull of gold.

Have fun.
I have a reoccurring dream...or should I say night mare , I'm detecting down the beach and I don't dig up every target , and scrounger is following me and digs up a fist full of gold that I was to lazy to dig up...OH THE HORROR ! :BangHead:

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I like Scrounger's t-shirt. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
mumszie said:
Been there.... done that! But....... you never know....

me to.....and your right.......it's the you never know part that keeps bringing me back... ;D

My none-detecting friends and family tell me they are starting to see a pattern here in my behavior...

I told them if they could be more specific I will try and detect it myself...lol :wink:

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Capt. JP said:
There's an incredible feeling of accomplishment when one does dig down 2 feet and recovers something like that. I know everytime I've done it I look around to see if anybody is looking. :laughing9:

I wish people would grow up and take their garbage with them. One hunter explained to me the best beaches for hunting are the ones with garbage. Garbage is a sign that tells you what type of people were there. The more beer bottles there are, the more chance you have at finding gold. Drinking, the beach, and losing nice jewelry go hand in hand. :thumbsup:

At least the beach will be a little cleaner. Until the next party gang shows up to trash it. Oh well. But I do like that drunks & lost jewelry go hand in hand. lol..

Good effort on you guys' part. Dig it all!!

skt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging those deep holes with a PI is what made me give up using them. I couldn't stand to leave them there and was to weak to keep digging.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
I did that 2 weeks ago at Clearwater beach and found an aluminum can also but after I reached in to try to locate the offending target it and almost cut the tip of my finger off!!!! :angry9: I know I know be careful when going that deep and knowing it probably was a can :BangHead: . Anyway there was blood everywhere and as I walked back to the truck, after pulling out the can, putting it in my trash pouch and filling in the hole it looked like a CSI crime scene, with a blood trail to the getaway vehicle!!!! Headed off to the bathroom to treat myself as people stared at my blood covered hand, no one ask if i needed help, go figure, cleaned up the wound and bandaged it up. Luckly no stitches required, but my detecting day was done :crybaby2:

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
after owning the etrac, i dont know why i would want anything but minelab.

but i couldnt adjust the etrac to work the salt beach.

bad advice in the past made for the wrong choice of machines for beach.HH PIRATE.

now that i have tried the excal , i see why everyone loves it.

i will not be hitting beaches again without one.

THANKS FOR BUYING THE PIZZA. SCUBATREASURE !

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. JP said:

Have fun.
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :tongue3:

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
kc10bull said:
I did that 2 weeks ago at Clearwater beach and found an aluminum can also but after I reached in to try to locate the offending target it and almost cut the tip of my finger off!!!! :angry9: I know I know be careful when going that deep and knowing it probably was a Can :BangHead: . Anyway there was blood everywhere and as I walked back to the truck, after pulling out the can, putting it in my trash pouch and filling in the hole it looked like a CSI crime scene, with a blood trail to the getaway vehicle!!!! Headed off to the bathroom to treat myself as people stared at my blood covered hand, no one ask if i needed help, go figure, cleaned up the wound and bandaged it up. Luckily no stitches required, but my detecting day was done :crybaby2:

WOW kc glad your OK...been alot of talk lately about the hazards of treasure hunting and that is definitely one of them.

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida

I'm getting way better at my land hunting with the Excalibur, I like to ware it like this so I can bend over and dig...
haven't found the good stuff yet but today I dug a bottle cap at THREE FEET ! I have it set so there is no background noise like most every one else has that use the Excalibur....quite...then either a high ...or low pitch and that volume of high or low determines how deep the target is...I don't like to discriminate I dig it all up! Granted some areas I cant hunt like this because i can't put the coil to the ground without getting a signal...lol...but in a relatively clean area I'm going deep and I ain't missing a thing!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 496

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun... I always hit St Pete Beach, opposed to Clearwater. Don't they rake Clearwater pretty frequently?

Bran <><

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
godisnum1 said:
Looks like fun... I always hit St Pete Beach, opposed to Clearwater. Don't they rake Clearwater pretty frequently?

Bran <><

Hey Bran, yes they were raking the beach the day we were there, I haven't gone over to the St. Pete Beach yet ... but I'm looking forward to hunting it soon.
Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubatreasure said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

Hey Bran, yes they were raking the beach the day we were there, I haven't gone over to the St. Pete Beach yet ... but I'm looking forward to hunting it soon.

Yep, that figures... well if ya'll happen to hit St Pete Beach, especially on the weekends, let me know! :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Sandman said:
Digging those deep holes with a PI is what made me give up using them. I couldn't stand to leave them there and was to weak to keep digging.

Hey Sandman, I hear ya, but I feel that the trade off is that once you punch a signal down between the 2-3 foot range your entering a whole new dimension...or should I say time period. We were getting older coins deeper , and you could tell by the condition of the coins they had been there a long time. So while I still have the strength to dig.....I'm diggin!

OP
OP
scubatreasure

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
godisnum1 said:
scubatreasure said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

Yep, that figures... well if ya'll happen to hit St Pete Beach, especially on the weekends, let me know! :)

Bran <><

Awsome, would enjoy hunting with you...have been following your posts for years and you might say I'm a Bran Fan...lol

Hopefully see ya soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread