EXCAL 800 VS excal 2

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
been doing some dry sand here. my inner thighs are still chaffed and red from 3 days of water

a week ago from rough cloth of swim wear rubbing in salt water.

im going out tomorrow and thinking on using the excal 800. it seems i get a deep target

with the excal2 but cant recover it evry so often . enough to be a problem due to digging a deep

scoop hole and the target falling further down. with the 800 i could get my whole coil down the hole

ex whereas the 10 inch on the excal2 wont fit.

i wonder how much depth i would be losing.

so far on this trip the excal 800 came out in an area w lots of rocks and worked great there.

i would be giving up some depth and area coverage for pinpointin ease.

but this might be made up for by not spending undue time on elusive deepies.

would the listed disadvanteges be outweighed by additional targets recovered in less time ?

what say you ?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same problem plagues PI users as they find lots of deep targets but spend more time digging holes for junk it could cut down on the time spent sweeping for the good stuff that is shallow. I think it is a toss up. I just do what seems like fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread