active beaches vs the senior crowd...who loses more ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well today i got a taste of a different kind of beach and i didnt think it was very good.

i have been hunting a nice active beach with a good mix of younger folk, families and seniors.

it has lots of busnesses and resturants close to water [alcohol served] and is pretty hoppin. much activity

including surf, some swimming, football catch and frisbee throwing.

i did pretty good there.

today i hooked up w lacey333 and his wife/girlfriend .

we went to a beach where the crowd seeemed to be most all seniors.

about the most activity happening were a couple games of bacce ball.

i found one jewelry item which was fake. so it coulda been succesfull had the item been real.

these people are obviously wealthy and loaded w gold.

but i doubt much of it gets lost as they do nothing much other than sunning and a little stroll.

however, the small quantity lost would contain some true trophy pcs.

personally i will be back to the active beach.

whats your experiance on this ?

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would have to agree, the more active the crowd, the more they lose. Most of those seniors dont get around much, and the ones that do, dont have much gold on. Go to the beaches with lots of people. I was just in Hollywood, FL, and the beaches are pretty bad, really sanded in, not much near the water. Some beaches on that coast area, are worn away, and even though they are hit a lot, still have a lot of targets.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! I thought that website was LLOOONNNGGG gone.

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the seniors are more careful with their jewelry! 8)

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a senior and for sure...we old ladies are careful with our gold...lol! We don't have as many men that will buy us replacements anymore.....

Even though I prefer to relax at quiet beaches, I plan on hitting the active ones to detect!
Joy

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look for beaches where everyone goes to. To play football, volley ball, throw freebies and any other kind of game on the land or water I find more stuff there......Matt

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

May he rest on every beach he's ever hunted !!......Jim

There is a reason for the saying " Young and Dumb " .....Younger people are very active and don't think about what jewelry they are wearing that they try to impress with ...... Older people remember the hard times , and remember what it took to buy a NICE ring or pendant or ? ......They have those pieces at home or in the bank locked up safely !!.....Their days of impressing people are over .... They've learned !!.....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions