Television Series

Meredith

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello,

My name is Meredith - I am a television producer in Montreal currently developing a series about "tide pickers". I'm looking for great characters who have great stories, are very active and are willing to appear on television. I'm also looking for good leads on what types of "treasure" can be found, where and how - Valuables? Historical items? Personal pieces? If anyone is interested in speaking with me, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks so much!

Meredith

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Meredith !

Please explain "tide pickers".

I Take it this is a Canadian Term ?

"Beach Hunters" ?

Google Didn't help

OP
OP
M

Meredith

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Thanks Jeff!

I'm looking for people who look and dig for treasure during low tide - I think there's great potential for a strong, entertaining, informative series - think "American Pickers" on the shoreline.

Are there great pieces to be found? Do people sometimes make a valuable find? Or an historical find? Are there professionals? What's the most common pieces that are found? I think this could be an amazing series with the right cast of hunters.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Another one trying making money off of some one else's efforts.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to buy storage units and make money doing it until shows 'Auction Hunters' and 'Storage Wars' came out. There may have been 10 other buyers at the auctions. Go to one now.... 50 - 100 people and units go for 10 times what they used to. Instead of 4 or 5 hunters at a beach can you imagine 25 - 50 hunters there when you arrive. I love the shows but it's not realistic. People see a hunter pulling 5 or 6 pieces of gold out of the water and our hobby might be history. I have since quit storage auction buying. :'(

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Crikey Meredith :whip2: , I'm not sure too many real pirates will want to show you and the world where x marks the spot or any of their booty :icon_pirat:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a plan to me. after all, we need another 250,000 people digging holes and not filling them after seeing how easy it is to strike it rich by buying a metal detector.

:tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Meredith ,

I Hope you are getting good Responses Via PM's

& Nothing Rude. If you are "Report to Admin"

Alot of Paranoia Here :(

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be happy to do a show with you. I have a couple conditions.....

A check for $20,000 to get started.

Round trip airfare to somewhere in Canada where you want to talk about it.

All the beer I can drink while I'm there(Beer in Canada is crazy expensive).

Contract for $10,000 per episode that airs.

I would recomend planting some goodies on whatever Canadian beach you want to film so that it will keep interest up. I also recomend making sure there is lots of drama like fights and feuds between detectorists, etc.

PM me for my address you can send the check :icon_pirat:

Aaron

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in.

My terms :
$3500.00 for every hole I dig. No matter what pops out. U.S. currency only

3 meals a day - from America of course.

Beer - from America of course.

Send pm, and I will get back to you. I am contacting my attorney tonight.

Oh, one more thing - warm clothing made in the U.S.A.

ps - ill pay for my own flight

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Meredith, I sent you a personal message on here. let me know if you received it or if you have any questions. thanks.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat idea, but please don't destroy our hobby! As soon as you show people finding neat stuff there will be a mad rush to the beaches. This isn't good!
DC

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
I hate to rain on your party but that would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to our hobby.the truth is the last 12 times out I have one ring to show for it. it's allot of work most people do it for fun.we don't need the hype.thanks

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it would have a great impact on the hobby. Face it, how many people looking for an easy score are going to stick with the hobby after digging 6000 pull tabs and $1.28 in change their first few times out? Cut Meredith a break and at least show some manners.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red and I are Interested!!!! A little aged!!! As are Most of Us!!!

Reds Requirements!!!! She has A few Problem areas That Need To be addressed!!! She has Beautiful legs!!! Her Face Makes Ships Sink!!!
Because Of Giving Birth three Times and Losing 90 Pounds Her mid section Could Use A Make over!! ( Its the Only area She Complains About) It Should Be Healed Before Filming!!! Plus she Wants A detector to hunt in the Dry Sand In Her Bikini!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

All I Need Is A water detector And A 2 Month vacation, And Some one to Cover my Job!!! Yes I will Shave!!!! And Maybe A little Cash!! To Buy Red Some Presents!!! Yes She is Spoiled!!! HH Chug

Below Is a picture Of Us And A Picture Of My best Find Chug!!!

Attachments

• ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • P1010020 (6).JPG
    P1010020 (6).JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,380
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • P1010020 (6).JPG
    P1010020 (6).JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,364

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
I doubt it would have a great impact on the hobby. Face it, how many people looking for an easy score are going to stick with the hobby after digging 6000 pull tabs and $1.28 in change their first few times out? Cut Meredith a break and at least show some manners.

You never would have thought that a show about storage auctions would have ruined the business either but it did. Like Stpauli said "I would recomend planting some goodies on whatever Canadian beach you want to film so that it will keep interest up. I also recomend making sure there is lots of drama like fights and feuds between detectorists, etc." That may be him just kidding but that is what happens and people believe it. You show guys pulling a lot of gold from the water and you can kiss our hobby goodbye. There will be more people detecting then swimming. If they showed the real thing (which wouldn't happen) I probably would not have a problem with it and as far as guys showing "manners" I don't think anyone had bad manners. Just having fun. You show that person all your hunting spots and finds if you like. I'll keep mine within my hunting party.

AdamBuchanan

Jun 22, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-\ thumbs down to the show idea... Companies like Kellyco will love it ,, Hey but look on the bright side guys it may flood the Country with metal detectors and after a majority that get out there and dig pop top after pop top ,, those guys will be selling those high end units at a good used price maybe ?? The show producers need to stick with those meteorite fellows.. there is way more money in the rocks :icon_thumright:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just Imagine Red Getting Her Tummy tuck And In A Bikini!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm I Know Bad Chug

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking about the good that would come out of it. 1) most won't stick with the hobby once they see how much work is involved. 2) Alot of money could be made selling them metal detectors. 3) Buying all those used detectors the people no longer want at a really reduced price. Then we could go back to normal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions