Television Series

Meredith

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello,

My name is Meredith - I am a television producer in Montreal currently developing a series about "tide pickers". I'm looking for great characters who have great stories, are very active and are willing to appear on television. I'm also looking for good leads on what types of "treasure" can be found, where and how - Valuables? Historical items? Personal pieces? If anyone is interested in speaking with me, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks so much!

Meredith

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CASPER-2 said:
why would they have to put it in one day - what if you put like you said
3 reputable hunters on the beaches of Fla. like you said and taped for 7 days
let's say one of us gets 1 gold the first day - the other guys get a little silver - then the next day one of the other guys get a gold or 2 - coins and misc silver etc - no one says you would have to show as one day
- you would know Im sure if the hotels changed during the program that guys were nt hunting same spot - and they would have to wash their clothes each day to re wear - I hunted with a friend down in Fla. Thanksgiving week - we hit rough water and calm - we stopped at like 10 different spots and detected like 6 different beaches over 4 days - I did okay - my partner got a few more gold - I got more silver
we had a couple of nice lunches and a nice dinner - we saw fish and sting rays on days we had visability - osprey carrying fish to its nest - bikinis - sail boarders - para surfers and surfers - would have made a great show - we also found a ton of trash - i hunt in all metal and had a good pile of junk going - i would want that to be shown along with the huge pile of crappy zincs - I would want the jelly fish and man-o-wars we saw shown - along with the broken glass and large junk on the bottom - plus mention the risks of sun cancer which a few guys down their have gotten - plus the cost of parking - risk of theft - the cost of someone like me flying down - renting a room and car - food
I go down for the hobby - not to make money - if I get a handful of gold- fantatstic
if I do like I did on my past trip - I was happy
I had pretty good weather - hooked up with a good friend (we joked around a lot and had a few tense moments over where to hunt and whether to stay at a spot or go)- had good food - and made some good finds
and was away from work -as George Castanza would say "there's a show"

Wow CASPER-2 :icon_thumright: That was a nice haul and sounds like good times. Some times us guys in Florida don't know how good we have it....

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i am jealous of you guys that live right there - i try to get down a couple times a year
by best outing ever was 4 days down there after storms made some cuts - got this handful of gold and handful of silver in 4 days of hunting - would have found more - but 5 day storm hit again - i tried to get in but waves were to big

Attachments

• 4DAYSINFLO.jpg
    4DAYSINFLO.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 980
  • flo4days.jpg
    flo4days.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 984

bEACHbUM2b

Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
Are you guys telling me that with all the accumulated knowledge around here there is NO One who has experience at producing? Why not make "our" own show and line up the characters, stories and sponsors from right here? Heck why not do 5 or 6 different production teams all competing for the same ad dollars? Meredith and her ilk needn't have All the fun.
But then again I'm just a polywog in a biiig pond, so what do I know? :dontknow:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Aww, y'all know there's still treasure out there and in the right place, lots of it. Obviously the crew would have to follow hunters around countless hours a day to gather a few hours of usable footage, but that's true with all these recent shows. I'd watch a show about it and think it's an opportunity that someone is bound to take eventually. Hopefully it's done (if it's done) with some class and includes history and facts rather than a trash/drama type show. I can see having friendly but fierce competition between detectorists in different locations looking for things like the deepest keeper, oldest keeper, most valuable keeper, and most significant find of the day or some categories like that. I'm near a beach or two, and I'd participate, but I'm a looong way from Canada. What are the possible locations? I've got a couple of funny stories about things that happened while detecting with my hunting buddy. The one when we told a passerby that we were burying a body when he asked what we were doing in the middle of the night at the back of a park by the RR tracks still makes me laugh when I think of his reaction. I was knelt down digging my hole and he thought I was a dog in the shadows, lol. That crackhead turned 3 shades whiter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 2000 while Searching a Drained Lake,
a TV Crew showed up to do a Fluf piece on
the "Treasures" we were pulling out.
Because I Found & Returned a Class Ring, The
owner Called the TV.
After interviewing me & following me while
I was swinging & Digging Trash, I Explained to them,
Yes I was pulling out some Nice Gold Rings,
but you Gotta dig alot of trash in between.
The News woman said "You can lay one of your Rings down & we'll
film you Finding it" :wink:
This didn't set well with me. I Never did it.
When the Piece aired, all they had to use was me Swinging,
and answering a couple Questions for them.
And 5 Minutes of the reporter explaing what was going on
with Us & the Lake. :D
Once I Dig something & it's in my Hand,
It dosn't touch the ground again. I Don't do Reruns :D

OP
OP
M

Meredith

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Hi everyone,

Wanted to give you an update on the project. Thanks to everybody who responded - we've had a great time talking with you and are excited about moving forward. In fact, I have a meeting with the network next week so if you're interested in finding out more about the show and want to share your experiences and stories, please message me. The more we learn, the more convinced I am that this is going to make for an amazing series and the network agrees!

Thanks again

Meredith

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know when it airs :icon_thumleft:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about beaches, I live inland. However I would watch the show.

I honestly think if you found the right people to be on the show, the ones that do the research, and know what they are doing, you wouldn't have to "bury" goodies.

I think if the show held some morals, and taught the importance of a clean dig, and filling in your holes, and educated people on being respectful, it could be beneficial in some way.

Another suggestion I would make, is to not limit yourself to beach areas. Perhaps watching this site, and other like it for people that seem on the verge of hitting a decent find, and asking to go along to document it.
As well as maybe getting permission to tag along with some of the more experienced people on such forums, sending a single camera man along with several different detectorist in order to get enough footage to do a whole show.

There are quite a few ways to do a show like this, and maybe even a few that would make it successful, but I think pointing out the "respect" for other people, and the property during the show would be one of the most important parts.

And stay away from the drama, I stopped watching Storage wars because of people like Dave Hester, and stopped watching Storage Hunters when they started getting into verbal, and physical fights over the dumbest things. It makes them look like animals. Anyone who makes comments like, "You are going home empty, or broke, because your on my turf!" Is just pathetic.

Another idea would be to touch on common treasure stories, and maybe see if the show can find someone that can shed some light on the story, or fund an expedition group of detectorist to search for said legends. I think everyone has at least a couple of those stories in their area.

Good luck with the show idea, and I hope you make something worth watching, I am new to this hobby and love watching the basic tips, and suggestions on youtube and such, which means an entire show with good information would be great!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Meredith, your to late..All is in the works right now, hunters have been selected, and will be in the warm waters very soon....

Hey!

I saw your detecting clips here on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?

Thanks!
Caz Rosson

Sharp Entertainment
646.688.7908 (p)
212.784.7778 (f)
www.sharpentertainment.com
www.cazrosson.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread