Infinium LS Users, I need input.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great machine. Just gotta get yourself use to it. I'm not the greatest M.D'er and I don't post any pictures because ya never know. But for salt water.....you bet'cha. I also love my AT Pro.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
It would be hard to say something about the Infinium LS that have not already been said before somewhere.
Perhaps do a search in your area to see if someone would be willing give a demo and test.
If it wasn't for the distance you could have a go with mine for a day.

PS: There are a number of video on YouTube.

Last edited:

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
super powerful,easy to use,not so easy to learn but worth it.very powerful runs in any ground.

Ken~Digs

May 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bigscoop - i Bought my 1st. vlf in june of last year & while learning it a bit i did research for PI's & the money and went with the Inf. LS in December , January i went on a 5 week trip with it and used it Alot . Starting to know it a little. Super glad i went with some research & Gut instinct. it was designed at the time of the ML 3500. I love what i got for the $. There are 2 people here that replied to You (kind of giving you reference info) That Know this detector Very Well and in fact the final reason I chose it. i have No regrets in my decision. It has gotten me deeper than i needed to be in a couple of cases so far. Good Luck , ken~Digs

Ken~Digs

May 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& what flatsix said, for Sure. So what happened bigscoop ?

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Southern California, we have some super hot ground, and the Infinium runs flawlessly, completely steady threshold, no wavering of the threshold unless there is a target under the coil, most PIs have very unstable thresholds, which can be annoying to listen to. Smallest gold I've dug is a .5 gram gold ring, it gets about 6 inches on it in an air test. Dig nickels at 15 inches, or so with a clear high-low tone. Whispers, which are just a waver in the threshold without a high-low or low-high tone, are painfully deep, unless it's a tiny item like a staple, which will give a whisper also at a few inches deep.

I wouldn't trade mine for any other PI... except maybe a GPX 5000, so I could sell it and buy another Infinium and spend the rest on booze.

Edit: I can't stress enough how nice it is it have a completely stable threshold, it makes hearing whispers easy as pie compared to an unstable threshold.

Last edited:

Ken~Digs

May 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Putting the notion of a PI on hold for a while......
Hi scoop i tried that for a while (5 or 6 months) but when i was watching bigger nuggets had by PI users than the pickers i was hitting where VLF's had already combed thru , I did Much research & came to Infinium as the answer I wouldnt Trade it either like Nameless said. I can truly prospect Deep now So i put the mall coil on my L-St as companion & Pinpointer, works out great - couldn't be happier. In Fact , those 2 are the only 2 detectors i even want to use for the Disc features & auto Ground tracking & like the Tones. Ken~Digs.

Good Luck on whatever U do:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread