A few treasures from today.............+leaf packed with stones

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Late this afternoon I decided to go to one of my favourite beaches nearby, it has been packed full of tourists lately, I've pulled 3 silver rings out of it already this year + a Chanel style pendant the verdict is still out on. Anyway I get there 45mins before dark and it is still crowded so I retreat to my chain of old river (staircase sites). I only had a 35 min toddle but sharkey made din dins of a couple of keepers.
I set a tiny grid and snailed it. Out came this leaf with a slight tone that grew with successive scoops. It looks like rose gold plated silver or maybe Junk??? I tested the leaf for diamonds after a really quick scrub (only to get the tester cleanly on the brightest stone) - neg for diamonds, all around, fully disappointed but then I cleaned it further, had a look through the loupe and took an early pic with a chain I got minutes earlier than the leaf ( no hallmark on the chain but I got it really relatively deep and in really black urky and heavy sediment - it is really well made - no rust and I in the pic I see red on the top heart on the right but to the eye it is not there - sometimes I use pics to help ID stuff so I jumped this clue.). The stones look old school mine cut? The pics are at night and to the eye the dark stones are really blue - could this be a Brooch minus the pin - there is a break at the top? I'm thinking sapphire - blue and maybe some yellows or / maybe zircons because champagne colour in some. I know stones from the gemfields here so I'm a bit excited with this as it came from an old beach. People in the old days here had little access to diamonds so readily available sapphire was often the way. It is quite heavy at just over 15g's Inch and a bit.. Both pieces are really curious and I'll clean them tomorrow - I am so in need of a test kit.
The Dexter ring was found on a search earlier this morn ( I was looking for a second lost wedder this week - another story) - at first I thought it was junk from the TV series, but now I've got my doubts there is a Dexter ring maker that etches, engraves etc - so maybe.
Crikes have I got any booty or what?

Attachments

• IMG_2948.jpg
    IMG_2948.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2951.jpg
    IMG_2951.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Smoogle

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
and..........

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpg
    IMG_2944.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2946.jpg
    IMG_2946.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 100

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck next hunt, detecting is gold:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! That leaf is different.
This heat wave should keep them beaches packed.
Good luck and HH.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds! congrats.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Those are interesting find, Smoogle...I like them all, especiallyt the heart chain.

I wish you continued success at the beaches.

Lorraine

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Congrats on your finds, very nice pieces. I am guessing sharkey is your detector, what does "made din dins" mean? Not inteded to offend, I just do not know. Thanks for your help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions