Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:metaldetector:I went out today at Lanikai with my Excal,it sure is a heavy machine :metaldetector:if you don't set it up right..I did not find much ,but the pretty starfish bracelet was an eyeball find:icon_thumleft: and I figured I show how the Hawaiian ring cleaned up,Thanks Tilton.I tried disc mode-volume-high,sens-6,discriminate-and Threshold until I hear the Hum,it wasn't working right,static and going bonkersso I switch to PP-volume-high-sens-8,disc-1,worked out better,Oh Well until I can meet up with someone else so they can try out my Excal,,----HAU'OLI MAKAHIKI HOU--FAMILY::hello2::hello::occasion18::wav::spam4:

Attachments

• photo-230.JPG
    photo-230.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 136
  • photo-232.JPG
    photo-232.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 163
  • photo-231.JPG
    photo-231.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the same thing I thought after swinging mine within the first 30 minutes. The stock shaft is only bearable if your submerged waist deep or better. Congrats on your finds!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing every excal owner should do is get a straight shaft! I've never even swung mine on the factory rod, but I can, and have, swung it all day without fatigue mounted on a straight shaft.

Congrats on the finds!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice ring finds, Kiana, and I like that starfish bracelet.

Lorraine

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana,
While it would be a great burden on me, if you want to fly me to the island I'll be more then happy to help you out with your new Excal. Shouldn't take more then say, about six months to get the bugs worked out. :laughing7: But seriously, are you saying that the machine is going ape crazy in disc mode while it's just sitting idle? If so this could be an EMI issue. When you're in disc mode a lot more frequencies come into play. You might try driving to a location that is somewhat free of condos, towers, power lines, etc., and see how the machine reacts at that location. There are a couple of places here on my local beaches that drive my Excal crazy in disc mode for these same reasons, yet I have no problems in PP mode. But if all else fails, keep in mind that I am willing to sacrifice and that I would endure the trip to help you out. :laughing7:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana - Forget bigscoop, he is already in Florida living it up - I should be able to come down to Hawaii, it's frickin -15 degrees where I am!!!

I own 2 Excals - One for scuba (short shaft) and one for shallow water, long factory shaft. I have never had a problem with fatigue? You could take the battery pack off the shaft and strap it to your body. That would cut the weight considerably for swinging. Good Luck!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could take the battery pack off the shaft and strap it to your body. That would cut the weight considerably for swinging. Good Luck!
Yeah but it still doesn't balance out the coil weight.

I would like to throw my ring into the hat for personal excal coach! I will even bring you whatever straight shaft you want, free of charge. :thumbsup:

I bet you never knew how many friends you had! :LOL:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Kiana,
While it would be a great burden on me, if you want to fly me to the island I'll be more then happy to help you out with your new Excal. Shouldn't take more then say, about six months to get the bugs worked out.
laughing7.gif
But seriously, are you saying that the machine is going ape crazy in disc mode while it's just sitting idle? If so this could be an EMI issue. When you're in disc mode a lot more frequencies come into play. You might try driving to a location that is somewhat free of condos, towers, power lines, etc., and see how the machine reacts at that location. There are a couple of places here on my local beaches that drive my Excal crazy in disc mode for these same reasons, yet I have no problems in PP mode. But if all else fails, keep in mind that I am willing to sacrifice and that I would endure the trip to help you out.
laughing7.gif
Kiana - Forget bigscoop, he is already in Florida living it up - I should be able to come down to Hawaii, it's frickin -15 degrees where I am!!!

I own 2 Excals - One for scuba (short shaft) and one for shallow water, long factory shaft. I have never had a problem with fatigue? You could take the battery pack off the shaft and strap it to your body. That would cut the weight considerably for swinging. Good Luck!

Dag, Don't get any better then that, two great Excalibur hunters wanting to make that long trip to help....:laughing7:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Kiana don't listen to them! Fly me over as I'm used to the warm weather!:laughing7:

Seriously though, I put a "rods-by-plugger 3 pc. Carbon Fiber shaft on mine
and it's perfectly balanced with zero issues!

I have a bad shoulder that I wore out surfing and I can swing my Excal with
no problems! It feels very balanced with no concerns to weight!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can take all that weight off your arm by making a neck harness. I cut about a one foot length of an old alum lawn chair and drilled the holes and at the top for fastening an old camera strap. All the weight is on your neck and the cable is free to the shaft. 246.jpg This is the proto type made from a piece of wood before I used the alum tube.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm....... kiana , I am an expert in minelab Excalibur bbs technology, I even helped design the excal bbs technology along with gary storm, ron popeil and al gore!!! I can help you out for the cost of airfare, daily meals and indefinite lodging, actual excal training will be free, but call now!!!!!

I use a straight shaft and hip mount my machine, stock s- shaft is horrible!! I have heard some machines have trouble dealing with unusual sand conditions over there!!!?

chuck.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana, two words >>> Black sand.

It can drive a detector and its user crazy. All you can do is adjust your sens from max till your unit is stable, with black sand different areas you hunt will prob require different sens settings to remain stable. You cannot run yours as hot as I run mine here on the east coast, vol max, threas low so I hear those faint signals, sens max just off auto, disc does not apply I only run in PP.

Because of the black sand all you can do is adjust your sens till she is stable or run in PP mode and even then you may have to run off max to get her stable.

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dag, Don't get any better then that, two great Excalibur hunters wanting to make that long trip to help....:laughing7:

Make that 2 great hunters and 1 worn out old man who owns an Excal II that wants to go along with the the other 2 :laughing7:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the same thing I thought after swinging mine within the first 30 minutes. The stock shaft is only bearable if your submerged waist deep or better. Congrats on your finds!
So right b/c on land it killed my arm and the next day i went golfing:tongue3:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice ring finds, Kiana, and I like that starfish bracelet.

Lorraine

Thanks my friend,I'll be sending you coffee & mac nuts again,after this crazy holidays are over:hello:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kiana,
While it would be a great burden on me, if you want to fly me to the island I'll be more then happy to help you out with your new Excal. Shouldn't take more then say, about six months to get the bugs worked out. :laughing7: But seriously, are you saying that the machine is going ape crazy in disc mode while it's just sitting idle? If so this could be an EMI issue. When you're in disc mode a lot more frequencies come into play. You might try driving to a location that is somewhat free of condos, towers, power lines, etc., and see how the machine reacts at that location. There are a couple of places here on my local beaches that drive my Excal crazy in disc mode for these same reasons, yet I have no problems in PP mode. But if all else fails, keep in mind that I am willing to sacrifice and that I would endure the trip to help you out. :laughing7:
Hey Bigscoop,if ever I win the Lottery you will be first on the list to fly down next to Lorraine,but you may be right about some EMI issue,your aloha package will be following Lorraine's,but seriously I'm making a trip down to Florida,everywhere I travel I would like to at least meet some Family here on TN,with everyone here taking the time to reply and put their inputs and Knowledge to help out others..I can post something and have 978 views but only 14 replies:tongue3:for those that replies is Family to me,they take the time out to help you learn,to encourage you and the thrill and excitement they wish you when you find something:hello2:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My sister lives in Minnesota,Minneapolis,,Brooklyn Park,times like this she too misses Hawaii:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I know,how much more Blessing's can you get,when I get home to Cali,I'll be PM you to get some Grey Goose Head phones:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions