Going OFF on NSB

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I'm tiered of hearing the various councils complaining and voicing their concerns over the loss of beach revenues. First, let me say this wouldn't be the case if these people weren't totally blind. All any of them has to do is to spend each day on their beaches to learn where the problems lay. Case in point:

Over the past three days, and on each of these days, a friend and I watched higher clientele leave the beach due to the carload of “foul mouthed hanging pants gang bangers” that pulled in beside them. So here we go, loud and obnoxious foul mouths and their pants hanging below their butts. Here's a tip for you.....even schools have dress codes preventing this attire and if you had any spine at all you'd have one too.

On Wednesday I spoke with a nice older couple who had been coming to NSB every year for the past 16 years, but this year will be their last due to the “noticeable change” of beach crowd. On Thursday I ran into another couple who voiced the same notion/opinion/decision. Who will eventually come take their place on this beach with a noticeably changing beach culture?

And here's another bone I want to pick.......”what have you really done to draw the right crowd to your beach?” Thirty years I've been coming here and nothing much has changed. Pretty much the same old attractions now as back then. If I see one more colorless beach vendor wagon I'm going to puke! The color and atmosphere at 27[SUP]th[/SUP] street and Flagler ave. appear as if they've been painted for the middle of a cemetery courtyard. They are both dull and drab. Where is the color? Where is the atmosphere? What makes NSB any different then all the other beach atmospheres? Apparently nothing other then the fact that you can drive on the beach. But is this really good enough?

And look, I appreciate the whole turtle thing as much as the next guy, but who was the genius who decided that you needed to blackout the entire beach, including the parking lots, at night? Now this certainly offers your visitors a sense of added security, “Come stay with us and take the entire family on enjoyable night time stroll along our pitch black beaches!” Seriously? Sounds like the perfect family atmosphere to me, especially after they see those gang-banger types on the beach during the day.
“No kids, I think we'd all be much safer inside tonight.” Seriously?

You know, NSB is slowly losing the beach-side battle and you wonder why? Well, toss out all the reports and data and just take a good hard look around. Could be you might just find a few answers to the growing problem. Other then the beach itself, why would anyone want to come to spend their money here, bring their families here? The beach culture is slowly changing right before your very eyes so take off those blinders and start observing those issues first hand. Become that invested vacationer, tourist, time share owner, etc.

PS: I was on the beach just south of Flagler ave. on Tuesday afternoon and I got back in my vehicle and moved to another location just for the reason already mentioned earlier in this text.

Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You tell 'em scoop....I hear ya (even though I am in Cheyenne, Wyoming). People need to pay attention and not turn their heads and ignore.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of all forums except the politics forum...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to kick them right square in the rear and lift their 2 feet about 2 feet off the ground!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe a good tight wedgie would help them keep their drawers pulled up!!!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just New Smyrna Beach man.... I had 1 of the worst nights camping I've ever had at what used to be a beautiful spot on the Santa Fe river just recently.. Same thing... There went the neighborhood.. We had kids in there too I will never choose to put any of them through that ever again.
I'm still confused by people flying rebel flags and blasting rap music.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
image-3714457905.jpg

Sick of foul mouth punks that love to ruin your the day!

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bring me along, I'll run anyone out you put me next to :p

powered by pull tabs

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah I need I MD buddy. I've had a couple run ins with a group of loud mouths. I think the only thing that intimidates them is the stainless steel scoop. Would do some serious hurtin if I had to use it for defence.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most times when I'm hunting I am also packing a piece...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear yah there Treasurehunter especially on those overnight black ops.. hunts on treasure beaches out there where only bigfoot and people with bad intentions rome.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Prob a good idea to carry. If someone or a group started up with you, it would be over the minute you pulled it on them. They would apologetically walk away. How fast peoples attitudes change when the tables quickly turn from their favour.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to the next council meeting with as many like minded friends as you can muster up!!!!!!

chuck.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just New Smyrna Beach man.... I had 1 of the worst nights camping I've ever had at what used to be a beautiful spot on the Santa Fe river just recently.. Same thing... There went the neighborhood.. We had kids in there too I will never choose to put any of them through that ever again. I'm still confused by people flying rebel flags and blasting rap music.
GB, I used to dive all the springs up and down that area by boat in the mid 80's and it was very peaceful and serene. Fast forward 25 years when I returned I was sickened by the scenes yiu experienced! I was told by a local it's mostly college kids from UF. It's sad to remember the natural beauty that's no longer enjoyable for the radios and beer funneling free for alls!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.. So true.
It was absolutely horrendous.
I saw more beer cans than fossils on the bottom.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like that all over!we have a state park beach here! Sunken Meadow ( Sunken Ghetto) at the end of any day the beach is loaded as far as the eye can see with trash , meanwhile there are cans evry 100' , and literally hundreds of buried diapers , I stopped going there years ago

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiousity, I googled NSB Florida, and was surprised to find the pictures of the area rather nice, though a bit conservative. Personally, I prefer beaches with restricted access, and don’t like to be where you have to keep a lookout from being run over by cars on the beach.
However, I did not see any pictures of the loud foul mouths you referred to – I doubt that they would be anymore respectful, if there was a dress code. At least you can spot and identify them for what they are by the way they are dressed and distance yourself. I agree that there is a noticeable deteriation in culture and respect that is taking place, but fear this in nation wide and not unique to NSB. Sadly, few are aware of this as a problem, until after they run out of locations to move their vehicle too.

You know, I'm tiered of hearing the various councils complaining and voicing their concerns over the loss of beach revenues. First, let me say this wouldn't be the case if these people weren't totally blind. All any of them has to do is to spend each day on their beaches to learn where the problems lay. Case in point:

Over the past three days, and on each of these days, a friend and I watched higher clientele leave the beach due to the carload of “foul mouthed hanging pants gang bangers” that pulled in beside them. So here we go, loud and obnoxious foul mouths and their pants hanging below their butts. Here's a tip for you.....even schools have dress codes preventing this attire and if you had any spine at all you'd have one too.

On Wednesday I spoke with a nice older couple who had been coming to NSB every year for the past 16 years, but this year will be their last due to the “noticeable change” of beach crowd. On Thursday I ran into another couple who voiced the same notion/opinion/decision. Who will eventually come take their place on this beach with a noticeably changing beach culture?

And here's another bone I want to pick.......”what have you really done to draw the right crowd to your beach?” Thirty years I've been coming here and nothing much has changed. Pretty much the same old attractions now as back then. If I see one more colorless beach vendor wagon I'm going to puke! The color and atmosphere at 27[SUP]th[/SUP] street and Flagler ave. appear as if they've been painted for the middle of a cemetery courtyard. They are both dull and drab. Where is the color? Where is the atmosphere? What makes NSB any different then all the other beach atmospheres? Apparently nothing other then the fact that you can drive on the beach. But is this really good enough?

And look, I appreciate the whole turtle thing as much as the next guy, but who was the genius who decided that you needed to blackout the entire beach, including the parking lots, at night? Now this certainly offers your visitors a sense of added security, “Come stay with us and take the entire family on enjoyable night time stroll along our pitch black beaches!” Seriously? Sounds like the perfect family atmosphere to me, especially after they see those gang-banger types on the beach during the day.
“No kids, I think we'd all be much safer inside tonight.” Seriously?

You know, NSB is slowly losing the beach-side battle and you wonder why? Well, toss out all the reports and data and just take a good hard look around. Could be you might just find a few answers to the growing problem. Other then the beach itself, why would anyone want to come to spend their money here, bring their families here? The beach culture is slowly changing right before your very eyes so take off those blinders and start observing those issues first hand. Become that invested vacationer, tourist, time share owner, etc.

PS: I was on the beach just south of Flagler ave. on Tuesday afternoon and I got back in my vehicle and moved to another location just for the reason already mentioned earlier in this text.

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the river a few weeks ago and this clean cut young adult was throwing the F word around in front of women and children and I started to say something to him about his language. Since I'm disabled with spinal injuries, I bit my tongue. If I had used language like that at his age, I would be just a memory. He had about 6 other guys with him and they would ease up to his truck and get some beer. He told one guy he had two 32 packs of beer and looked about 16. This was not tolerated in the area I grew up in, but it's common nowadays. A small child at Wal-Mart didn't get something he thought he should and was throwing the same language around and about 5-6 years old. I got my mouth washed out with soap for saying something I heard another adult say when I was just a little boy and it made an impression on me. And it was mild in comparison to what you hear these days. I remember a boy in school cussing a teacher and when the teacher took him to the office, he told the principal he had freedom of speech. When the principal got through applying the board of correction, he was free to stand up until a certain part of his anatomy stopped hurting. We all have freedoms. How we use them are up to us. So are the consequences of abusing those freedoms.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the river a few weeks ago and this clean cut young adult was throwing the F word around in front of women and children and I started to say something to him about his language. Since I'm disabled with spinal injuries, I bit my tongue. If I had used language like that at his age, I would be just a memory. He had about 6 other guys with him and they would ease up to his truck and get some beer. He told one guy he had two 32 packs of beer and looked about 16. This was not tolerated in the area I grew up in, but it's common nowadays. A small child at Wal-Mart didn't get something he thought he should and was throwing the same language around and about 5-6 years old. I got my mouth washed out with soap for saying something I heard another adult say when I was just a little boy and it made an impression on me. And it was mild in comparison to what you hear these days. I remember a boy in school cussing a teacher and when the teacher took him to the office, he told the principal he had freedom of speech. When the principal got through applying the board of correction, he was free to stand up until a certain part of his anatomy stopped hurting. We all have freedoms. How we use them are up to us. So are the consequences of abusing those freedoms.
I experienced a similar situation at Navarre beach Saturday. I wasn't about to open my mouth because 10-12 white thugs would he probably killed me for trying to tell them to stop cursing in front of women and children. My dad would have beat me to a pulp for acting like that especially in front of the general public.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those with the authority need to realize that they're either going to have to crack down on a lot of this stuff or they're simply going to lose what they have to it. Unfortunately there is no middle ground.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions