Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Went to one of my hunting spots for a little enjoyment of our favorite hobby. A misty fog was hanging over the river like a blanket in the early morn. This was usual because of the coldness of the water and believe me you knew it recovering your first target. I was getting the norm, small pieces of foil, the wings of pull tabs, balls of aluminum and can tops. I was using my Tesoro Bandido U Max II with discrimination set at 2. Of course every sound is sought after until found. There are outcroppings of rocks in the river that act as catch areas for "goodies". As I was making my way through the course of rocks I find many a treasure just by "eyeballing". Knives, sunglasses, cameras, watches, GoPros and even rings on occasion. Any area where I can put the coil in between the rocks, even at an angle I do. I got a good strong signal at one these spots and started to dig. The water was already a foot deep and by the time I got the target another foot through gravel, rock and sand. I didn't think much of it at first just another watch. It appeared like one of those cheap Wally watches for young girls with a circle of diamonds around the dial. My vision is poor up close like anyone else my age and I need reading glasses. "Just another watch" and put it in my junk side of my bag. I continued on for 2 more hours with not much more to show for my efforts except some sunglasses. I returned to the car and started to unload and take off my gear. My glasses were laying in the console so I put them on and pulled the watch out. Rolex stood out right away with the familiar crown above. I thinking, "No way!" I looked it over closer, oyster perpetual, Rolex all over the band! I couldn't contain myself started doing the happy dance with a few fist jabs for never giving up! I've always thought that one of these days I was gonna find something good!
I took it to a reputable diamond and watch dealer here in my area. Although there was some damaged due to the length of time in the drink I had all repairs done then a certified appraisal.
Appraisal Value: $9,500
Over 3.5 total carrot wt
Diamond color: H
Clarity: VSI

My wife and I are still not sure if we will sell or keep it. Of course you know what she wants to do! Lol! It does fit her perfect!

Thanks everyone for looking and I hope you make your find of a lifetime!

Detectahead

1680539229147.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 7

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure it is real..

Take care to the serial number, it is the ID card of the watch.....and in switzerland we like to track the owners.....

Last edited:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hell of a find! Nice Job!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful watch...I always say Im going to make a big find one day too...glad you got it...congrats man.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you use a diamond tester on the stones?

It is still operational?

Is should be self winding. Sweep second hand, just for starters and should self wind and work just fine.

Nice find.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congrats...great story and great find...stuff like this makes me want to get out and find me something.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you use a diamond tester on the stones?

It is still operational?

Is should be self winding. Sweep second hand, just for starters and should self wind and work just fine.

Nice find.

Yep, pretty easy to determine if it's genuine... just test the stones!

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
I agree with the Frogmaster. Let your wife keep it and you'll never get grief again about your "dumb hobby"

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Do what YOU want with it and if you sell it do what you want with the money. It's up to you if you want to share its not a marital obligation. It never happened unless there's a pic. Hh gl. -Joe

Hi all! Went to one of my hunting spots for a little enjoyment of our favorite hobby. A misty fog was hanging over the river like a blanket in the early morn. This was usual because of the coldness of the water and believe me you knew it recovering your first target. I was getting the norm, small pieces of foil, the wings of pull tabs, balls of aluminum and can tops. I was using my Tesoro Bandido U Max II with discrimination set at 2. Of course every sound is sought after until found. There are outcroppings of rocks in the river that act as catch areas for "goodies". As I was making my way through the course of rocks I find many a treasure just by "eyeballing". Knives, sunglasses, cameras, watches, GoPros and even rings on occasion. Any area where I can put the coil in between the rocks, even at an angle I do. I got a good strong signal at one these spots and started to dig. The water was already a foot deep and by the time I got the target another foot through gravel, rock and sand. I didn't think much of it at first just another watch. It appeared like one of those cheap Wally watches for young girls with a circle of diamonds around the dial. My vision is poor up close like anyone else my age and I need reading glasses. "Just another watch" and put it in my junk side of my bag. I continued on for 2 more hours with not much more to show for my efforts except some sunglasses. I returned to the car and started to unload and take off my gear. My glasses were laying in the console so I put them on and pulled the watch out. Rolex stood out right away with the familiar crown above. I thinking, "No way!" I looked it over closer, oyster perpetual, Rolex all over the band! I couldn't contain myself started doing the happy dance with a few fist jabs for never giving up! I've always thought that one of these days I was gonna find something good!
I took it to a reputable diamond and watch dealer here in my area. Although there was some damaged due to the length of time in the drink I had all repairs done then a certified appraisal.
Appraisal Value: $9,500
Over 3.5 total carrot wt
Diamond color: H
Clarity: VSI

My wife and I are still not sure if we will sell or keep it. Of course you know what she wants to do! Lol! It does fit her perfect!

Thanks everyone for looking and I hope you make your find of a lifetime!

Detectahead

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Outstanding find!
I too, agree with FrogMaster, on your wife's wrist it will always have her thinking "what's coming next" and she'll be pushing you out the door to go detecting!
That'll be the real value!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find congratulations! I guess you never know where you may find $$$ jewelry but the freshwater places I hunt seem to be full of cheap costume jewelry and screwcaps!

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO... copy.
and here is why...
Crown is wrong... should be "strong".
Band is wrong... should be tighter in links.. little to no play.
Look is wrong.

View attachment 1186148

Yes ARRC, I'm afraid you are totally right, it's a FAKE ROLEX... ???

The Crown is not well made, the button looks made of low quality SS and the the watch hand looks horrible: nothing to do with Rolex quality

This is a Rolex that has over 30 years, never had any cosmetic repair:

IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0991.JPG

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A $10,000 Rolex watch find is only good if the owner offers a reward. Rolex has an extensive data base with the "Unique" serial Numbers. Most Jewelers look to this list to see if it's stolen or "Lost" if you try to sell it to a reputable dealer it will Likely come to the attention of this jeweler that the watch is on the list. I would Definitely try to find the owner as i'm sure there would be a hefty reward. Nice find though!

To be honest, maybe I'm wrong but this watch appears to be a fake.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Aww that sucks man. I thought you had a good one there. You'll find a real one next time.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
You can remove all doubt by removing the band and checking the serial number (if it has one) that's located at the 6 o'clock position. At least that's the way it used to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread