Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Went to one of my hunting spots for a little enjoyment of our favorite hobby. A misty fog was hanging over the river like a blanket in the early morn. This was usual because of the coldness of the water and believe me you knew it recovering your first target. I was getting the norm, small pieces of foil, the wings of pull tabs, balls of aluminum and can tops. I was using my Tesoro Bandido U Max II with discrimination set at 2. Of course every sound is sought after until found. There are outcroppings of rocks in the river that act as catch areas for "goodies". As I was making my way through the course of rocks I find many a treasure just by "eyeballing". Knives, sunglasses, cameras, watches, GoPros and even rings on occasion. Any area where I can put the coil in between the rocks, even at an angle I do. I got a good strong signal at one these spots and started to dig. The water was already a foot deep and by the time I got the target another foot through gravel, rock and sand. I didn't think much of it at first just another watch. It appeared like one of those cheap Wally watches for young girls with a circle of diamonds around the dial. My vision is poor up close like anyone else my age and I need reading glasses. "Just another watch" and put it in my junk side of my bag. I continued on for 2 more hours with not much more to show for my efforts except some sunglasses. I returned to the car and started to unload and take off my gear. My glasses were laying in the console so I put them on and pulled the watch out. Rolex stood out right away with the familiar crown above. I thinking, "No way!" I looked it over closer, oyster perpetual, Rolex all over the band! I couldn't contain myself started doing the happy dance with a few fist jabs for never giving up! I've always thought that one of these days I was gonna find something good!
I took it to a reputable diamond and watch dealer here in my area. Although there was some damaged due to the length of time in the drink I had all repairs done then a certified appraisal.
Appraisal Value: $9,500
Over 3.5 total carrot wt
Diamond color: H
Clarity: VSI

My wife and I are still not sure if we will sell or keep it. Of course you know what she wants to do! Lol! It does fit her perfect!

Thanks everyone for looking and I hope you make your find of a lifetime!

Detectahead

1680539229147.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 7

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beware ! A few of you's Drove a Member away Last week !
He swears he will never post here again because of the "Holier then Thou" attitudes :(
I'm getting sick of it myself.

Live & Let Live !

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Great Find Detetahead...i would have it cleaned up and give to the ol wifey..lol

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not holier than thou and ain't returning squat unless I'm asked to look for an item. Then I have and will go to great lengths trying to recover it. No high horse here!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beware ! A few of you's Drove a Member away Last week !
He swears he will never post here again because of the "Holier then Thou" attitudes :(
I'm getting sick of it myself.

Live & Let Live !

I'm not Holier than Thou but I do return all than I can. That's my personal choice. What others do is up to them. But don't say an item can't be returned because Rolex won't help because that's no true and if that info isn't welcome here then I shouldn't be here either

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 this thread is on the Banner.
Congrats should be the only things coming in now unless the OP asks for more info !

#2 look up the phrase "beating a dead horse "

#3. I'm confident enough that Jewelers,
Just like Pawn shops are bound by law to check anything brought in.

#4. this watch was in for Repair. odds are even better the # were checked.

#5. This is The End ! I expect No "I agrees, I disagrees, No WaaWaaWaas !
Any posts Agreeing with Me , or Disagreeing with Me, Or even quoting me
from here down Will be deleted on Site !

So will separate posts to continue this opinion elsewhere !

No thank You's or Up Yours allowed either !

The thread is about a great find that made Banner !
that is it.

Thread is locked to be sure everyone reads my note before I open it again

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Jeff said times 2!

This find is a banner find if anyone's intent is to post attack in any way, shape or form at all it does not belong in this thread....

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think when people started saying FAKE that a lot of viewers took for granted that it was and went away and didn't vote. This is a $10,000 find and about as rare as it gets. If there was never any question of it's authenticity (like there shouldn't have been) when Detectahead said it was real then it would be up there. It will be a shame if it doesn't make it.... Cmon Mods..... We all know it should be up there. His post kinda of got hijacked and it's not fair. Hopefully you can make an exception here and do the right thing....
Thanks buddy!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I am too new to have seen this originally. I would be thrilled to find anything similar. From what I have gleaned from old posts, this would meet my definition of a Banner Find. Congratulations 🎉

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread