WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Silver

In the 131 years since the publication and distribution for sale only in Lynchburg of the Beale Papers, no conclusive evidence of the events of 1819-1823 or the 2nd year of the Confederate War as depicted in the job pamphlet has ever been produced, which leads to the obvious conclusion that the Beale Papers is a work of fiction.
No author or authors work in a vacuum, and inspiration and factual research are involved which is also obvious in the narrative text of the Beale Papers.
Being that the Beale Papers were written in 1884/1885, where did the information that makes this treasure story compellingly believable?
First one looks for connections;
One connection is considered happenstance
Two connections are considered coincidence
Three connections and more establish a definite deliberate pattern, that can then be analyzed.
Logical deductive reasoning then eliminates all other possibilities, and what remains, is the truth.
On this thread, many alternative possibilities for the Beale story have been discussed and discarded, the first being that the Beale story as written in the job pamphlet is not true and never happened as portrayed in the narrative text.
What remains, is that the Beale Papers, copyrighted by James Beverly Ward in 1885, while brilliantly written by an "unknown author" is nothing more than a dime novel of the period with play along ciphers added as a parlor entertainment.

Still using Sherlock Holmes as a reference, I see. I'd like to see the look on your face when you figure out that you're using a fictional character to try to call another story a work of fiction. This is both funny and sad. I'm not sure which is more.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At certain angles the tale can be viewed as having been constructed by committee.
Not as bad as a platypus , but still.... ad hoc in places.
Human nature wants it's cut/share at each journeys end ;if not sooner , is a sticky point for me.
Contingency planning leading to Morris's involvement too.
I'll not keep on , but it is easy to question parts and with enough suspect..the whole. Not exclusive to Beale tale by any means.

O

Old Silver

At certain angles the tale can be viewed as having been constructed by committee.
Not as bad as a platypus , but still.... ad hoc in places.
Human nature wants it's cut/share at each journeys end ;if not sooner , is a sticky point for me.
Contingency planning leading to Morris's involvement too.
I'll not keep on , but it is easy to question parts and with enough suspect..the whole. Not exclusive to Beale tale by any means.

It's one thing to question it, or even doubt it, but to claim proof when you have no proof is quite another thing.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A simple chain of connections that relate to the creation of the Beale Papers:
Ward's grandfather fought a duel with Thomas Beale- notice the missing "J".
Ward's wife was born and raised 4 miles from Buford's.
Ward's uncle, by marriage, was Robert Morris.
Ward's great uncle was killed by Indians while inspecting gold and silver mines out west, 1882.
Ward had cousins that used Confederate ciphers during the 2nd year of the Confederate War.
Ward had cousins that started a mercantile business in St Louis, 1817.
Ward inherited his grandfather's library, which contained the journals of Pike, Carson, and Lewis & Clark.
Ward's father was co-owner of a bookstore, that sold E F Beale's journal, Poe's THE GOLD BUG, and Blair's "Writing In Ciphers".
Ward's cousin, who was sub-editor of the Lynchburg Virginian, and printer of the job pamphlet, was also a thespian, versed in Shakespeare, from which the line "game is worth the candle" originated.
While sub-editor, the Lynchburg Virginian ran the story of the discovered treasure of Kentucky farmer, Robert O Willis, found in a cave, that mirrors the Beale treasure of "gold, silver, and jewelry".

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ward's great uncle was killed by Indians while inspecting gold and silver mines out west, 1882.
Ward had cousins that used Confederate ciphers during the 2nd year of the Confederate War.
Ward inherited his grandfather's library, which contained the journals of Pike, Carson, and Lewis & Clark.
Ward's father was co-owner of a bookstore, that sold E F Beale's journal, Poe's THE GOLD BUG, and Blair's "Writing In Ciphers".
Ward's cousin, who was sub-editor of the Lynchburg Virginian, and printer of the job pamphlet, was also a thespian, versed in Shakespeare, from which the line "game is worth the candle" originated.
While sub-editor, the Lynchburg Virginian ran the story of the discovered treasure of Kentucky farmer, Robert O Willis, found in a cave, that mirrors the Beale treasure of "gold, silver, and jewelry".

Wow, that is a lot of not much of anything you have there . :laughing7:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

So, I think you have proved that Ward was a real person anyway and he had relatives . :goldtrophy:

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still using Sherlock Holmes as a reference, I see. I'd like to see the look on your face when you figure out that you're using a fictional character to try to call another story a work of fiction. This is both funny and sad. I'm not sure which is more.
Continuing your stalking harassment just to repeat the same comments ad nauseam, is funny, sad, and disturbing, and doesn't add anything to the discussion, except revealing your obsession.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

How about a man that asked Ward and his son about the Beale Papers and if they were real .

hart ward.JPG

O

Old Silver

And none of that is proof of your favorite theory.
You can't even make up your mind whether the Beale story was taken from the EF Beale story, or the Robert O. Willis story. I suppose you think that there has only been one incident of a treasure story containing gold, silver and jewels together?

O

Old Silver

Continuing your stalking harassment just to repeat the same comments ad nauseam, is funny, sad, and disturbing, and doesn't add anything to the discussion, except revealing your obsession.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's one thing to question it, or even doubt it, but to claim proof when you have no proof is quite another thing.

Yessir. That(proof or lack thereof) can go either way though too.
Doubt is no worse in looking at any tale....than full confidence in it; at first glance.
Equity and debt invested need some tempering either way.

O

Old Silver

Yessir. That(proof or lack thereof) can go either way though too.
Doubt is no worse in looking at any tale....than full confidence in it; at first glance.
Equity and debt invested need some tempering either way.

Exactly, that can go either way. That's what I've been saying the whole time.
And the tempering is also what I've been all about here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the childish bickering and insults doesn't end I will lock ALL the Beale threads through the summer and hand out multiple long timeouts to several...Don't say you weren't warned....

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
And none of that is proof of your favorite theory.
You can't even make up your mind whether the Beale story was taken from the EF Beale story, or the Robert O. Willis story. I suppose you think that there has only been one incident of a treasure story containing gold, silver and jewels together?
As I have posted many times, Ward's Beale Papers is a mélange of several sources, to create the Beale story, so yes there is some E F Beale, combined with the Willis treasure story, a Shakespeare reference with a homage to Poe, with events from the Risqué extended bloodline included.
That is why, in 131 years after publication, no direct evidence can be produced that can prove the Beale story true, because it is a fiction story pieced together from many different parts which create the illusion that the story, ciphers, and treasure is real.

O

Old Silver

As I have posted many times, Ward's Beale Papers is a mélange of several sources, to create the Beale story, so yes there is some E F Beale, combined with the Willis treasure story, a Shakespeare reference with a homage to Poe, with events from the Risqué extended bloodline included.
That is why, in 131 years after publication, no direct evidence can be produced that can prove the Beale story true, because it is a fiction story pieced together from many different parts which create the illusion that the story, ciphers, and treasure is real.

That is an opinion. It might be right, or it might be wrong. The same is true of other theories and ideas that have been put forward on the Beale story. We just don't know for sure. None of us do.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Laf, that was from the Hart Papers, and not in any way proof.

So, the only person ( Hart ) who talk to Ward, the person that copyrighted The Beale Papers in 1885 to find out if they are real, is not proof ?
And how is finding out that the story was in fact real from Ward who was the person you say wrote the Beale Papers as a novel, not proof ?

Checkmate end of this thread !

hart ward.JPG

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the game is not over and there is no checkmate until someone digs up the treasure to prove it. If you can take someone's word over 113 years ago as the truth then you are very gullible. There has got to more facts out there to make the Beale Papers real. We need three sources. Is that not what your self-proclaim doctrine teaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread