Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
His Son George Beale III
George Beale, III (1763 - 1821) - Genealogy

His Son George Dixon Beale
George Dixon Beale (1792 - 1835) - Genealogy ******

His Son Gen. Edward F. Beale
Edward Fitzgerald Beale (1822 - 1893) - Genealogy

George Dixon is the only one that "might" have been able to do the 1822 date. Name no where close. What does that say about the background search? Does not compute to me.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish everyone would just post information. I don't know about others but I don't like ping pong matches or tennis matches---back and forth, back and forth it is messing up every thread on the Beale Treasure. Can we at least agree to get along whether we agree or disagree. I have had just about enough. May move on. To heck with it.
I agree, Franklin. The constant stalking harassment pursued by one from thread to thread offers nothing to the discussion, nothing constructive at all, only constant turmoil.
These threads have degenerated into "if one doesn't like the message, attack the messenger over and over".

O

Old Silver

Yes, Franklin, I think most of us here feel the same as you. In fact, I had all but given up posting until recently. It seems the trouble makers are given free reign.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who do you perceive as "the trouble makers", besides me of course, who has received most of your vitriol, and why do you consider them and me trouble makers?

O

Old Silver

You just want to keep poking people who want to talk about the Beale story without being harassed. Why should it matter to you that people on a treasure site want to talk about a supposed treasure that you don't believe in? Do you believe in the Easter bunny, or Santa Clause? Would you hang out on sites where people talk about them? Why wouldn't you? Only the mods know why they allow such harassment, but you seem to have a ticket to do anything here you want to do. Again, why would it matter to you if some people on this site want to talk about the Beale story? How does that harm you?

O

Old Silver

People just want to come here and discuss the Beale story, which is what this board is about. No one wants to be followed around by someone telling them how wrong they are. You have a right to your opinion, but after a while, your opinion becomes harassment. You don't have to come behind almost every post and tell the poster how wrong they are. So what if the Beale treasure is not real, why would you be so concerned over a bogus treasure tale, or if someone else possibly believes in it? This board is called, Beale codes. Please let us discuss the Beale codes in peace. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, Franklin. The constant stalking harassment pursued by one from thread to thread offers nothing to the discussion, nothing constructive at all, only constant turmoil.
These threads have degenerated into "if one doesn't like the message, attack the messenger over and over".

Well, I can see we have a group of folks that like the Beale Papers and then we have a few that don't like the Beale Papers . We are on a treasure hunting site, so I would say this forum is talk about treasure and research of that treasure . Not for making fun of people that believe in that treasure or the story of that treasure . I'm sure there is a group on a anti-treasure story website somewhere who would love you input . I have grown to tolerate you behavior and understand that some people are mad at the world for some reason and have to vent somewhere . Like all them Illegals at a Trump Rally with there Mexican flags .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics has no place in the Beale Treasure threads. Pleas stop. OK

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your last line of post #1387

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
People just want to come here and discuss the Beale story, which is what this board is about. No one wants to be followed around by someone telling them how wrong they are. You have a right to your opinion, but after a while, your opinion becomes harassment. You don't have to come behind almost every post and tell the poster how wrong they are. So what if the Beale treasure is not real, why would you be so concerned over a bogus treasure tale, or if someone else possibly believes in it? This board is called, Beale codes. Please let us discuss the Beale codes in peace. Is that too much to ask?
Old Silver, if you haven't noticed, I am the OP of this thread, and the intent is very apparent by its title.
The Beale story has been discussed on this thread, and many alternative theories have been presented, and what all these theories have in common is this:-THE BEALE STORY IS NOT TRUE AS WRITTEN- be it a cover story or just pure fiction.
As for coming behind "almost every post" remark, your post #1385 was made 7 minutes after mine, so you are dong exactly the same of what you accuse me.
...and how can expressing an opinion based on research be considered as harassment?
As you stated, "No wants to be followed around by someone telling them how wrong they are" is exactly what you are doing on this thread and others. You need to remove the beam in your on eye before looking for a splinter in anothers.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's:coffee2:Before any of you argue any more about theories or words, maybe you should focus more on real facts,do you even have an idea about what real treasure you are seeking, it doesn't sound like it, :hello:NP:cat:

O

Old Silver

Old Silver, if you haven't noticed, I am the OP of this thread, and the intent is very apparent by its title.
The Beale story has been discussed on this thread, and many alternative theories have been presented, and what all these theories have in common is this:-THE BEALE STORY IS NOT TRUE AS WRITTEN- be it a cover story or just pure fiction.
As for coming behind "almost every post" remark, your post #1385 was made 7 minutes after mine, so you are dong exactly the same of what you accuse me.
...and how can expressing an opinion based on research be considered as harassment?
As you stated, "No wants to be followed around by someone telling them how wrong they are" is exactly what you are doing on this thread and others. You need to remove the beam in your on eye before looking for a splinter in anothers.

I tried to be nice, but you don't want nice. You want to fight. If the mods don't care, then there's nothing more I can do. Fight on.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to be nice, but you don't want nice. You want to fight. If the mods don't care, then there's nothing more I can do. Fight on.
What delusional fight have you conjured in your mind?
You stalk my posts, insult me, now claim I want to fight?
Where and why do you come up with this nonsense?
It can't be because I stated that the Beale Papers are a fictional dime novel, because others have stated the same thing, but you seem to be obsessively fixated on me. WHY?
How is your constant stalking my posts from thread to thread just to post an insult being nice?
You state there is "nothing more I can do", but no one requested your services as vigilante moderator, that was a path totally decided by you, just as you believe there is some kind of a fight going on. THERE ISN'T.
Its just the sharing of research and information.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! YER just being "contrary"... ALL my R & I indicate that Jeff Davis, as US Secretary of War WAS the "BIG SOURCE"; "google" US CAMEL CORPS or www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Camel_Corps

He was and while Secretary of War he improved on the range of cannons by having the barrels rifled. He also had most of the armor sent South while getting ready for the War Between the States.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There were many "expeditions" that departed from St Louis in the 1820's- mountain men, fur trappers, and funded Federal discovery and mapping expeditions.
Many probably were outfitted for supplies at the Kennerly's Mercantile in St Louis-George Hancock Kennerly was part of the extended Risqué family(which also included J B Ward), the J B Risqué who had a duel with Thomas Beale.
Almost all of these expeditions have been accounted for, in government records, business transactions, diaries. memoirs, and family genealogical records and sites.
The only mention of the expedition that is in the 1885 Beale Papers, the ONLY account of this expedition,ONLY appears in the 1885 Beale job pamphlet.
On this thread, almost all the theories concerning the Beale Papers have been explored and dissected, and no matter what the theory, there has been NO solid evidence or documentation found that can prove that anything in the BEALE PAPERS actually occurred.
A lot of possibilities, could be's, maybe, but NO hard concrete connection that proclaims that this treasure story is true.
A return to the subject.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
James Beverly Risque, who was in a duel with Thomas Beale over a slight to Julia Hancock was James Beverly Ward's grandfather. Robert Morriss was Ward's uncle by marriage. John Sherman, who printed the 1885 Beale Papers was a cousin of Ward, and owned the LYNCHBERG VIRGINIAN, the only newspaper that advertised the Beale job pamphlet.
James Beverly Ward applied for and received the copyright from the LIBRARY OF CONGRESS for the Beale Papers.
Ward was also related to the various branches of the Risqué extended family- Hutter, Kennerly, Otey, Hancock, and the Bufords.
Julia Hancock, whom the duel was fought, married William Clark, of Lewis and Clark.

If you have read this thread, you would be aware of the several origins of events contained in the Beale story, some from journals, some from events that occurred to the Risqué extended family members.
The 1885 Beale Papers are an eclectic potpourri pot-boiler with a published purpose of profit.
James Beverly Ward applied for copyright as agent for, March 31, 1885, on ADAMS BROS & PAYNES' FEED STORES letterhead, a company at which his son in law worked.
This application contained ONLY the title of the work, not the text.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In the 131 years since the publication and distribution for sale only in Lynchburg of the Beale Papers, no conclusive evidence of the events of 1819-1823 or the 2nd year of the Confederate War as depicted in the job pamphlet has ever been produced, which leads to the obvious conclusion that the Beale Papers is a work of fiction.
No author or authors work in a vacuum, and inspiration and factual research are involved which is also obvious in the narrative text of the Beale Papers.
Being that the Beale Papers were written in 1884/1885, where did the information that makes this treasure story compellingly believable?
First one looks for connections;
One connection is considered happenstance
Two connections are considered coincidence
Three connections and more establish a definite deliberate pattern, that can then be analyzed.
Logical deductive reasoning then eliminates all other possibilities, and what remains, is the truth.
On this thread, many alternative possibilities for the Beale story have been discussed and discarded, the first being that the Beale story as written in the job pamphlet is not true and never happened as portrayed in the narrative text.
What remains, is that the Beale Papers, copyrighted by James Beverly Ward in 1885, while brilliantly written by an "unknown author" is nothing more than a dime novel of the period with play along ciphers added as a parlor entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread