John Sherman + "Mr. Sherman" = Bedford = Vine & Olive Colony = Galveston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Only that Robert Morriss was Mayor of Lynchburg. I don't have the book anymore but I believe the year was 1813 while his partner was a Captain in the later Battle of New Orleans. His partner was James Dunnington of the later rich tobacconist Dunnington Family.

Robert MORRIS... NOT Robert MORRISS.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, let's get an early start, here's some of the piecework to that elusive smoking gun:

William Patterson, Stephen Girard, Joseph Bonaparte, all three of them joined at the hip and all three of them with a vested interest in privateering. Both Patterson and Girard were in the shipping business and both of them had experience in privateering. So close were these relationships that Stephen Girard was standing next to William Patterson during the Patterson/Bonaparte wedding that nobody approved of. But at least you get the idea of just how acquainted these men were. Land speculation was another area of interest that all three of these men shared. So what’s any of this have to do with “Mr. Sherman” or John Sherman?

Enter the “Torpedo”, a ship owned by William Patterson, it’s letter of commission as an American privateer being granted in 1813, the Captain of that vessel being one, “Mathew Sherman”. Ok, fine, so what’s any of this have to do with the Beale Pamphlet, John Sherman, and Bedford County, Virginia?

Enter “Mexico” Sherman of Bedford County, Virginia, (Yep, that was his real name)…..he was John Sherman’s uncle, and ol Mexico was also related to Mathew Sherman. No big surprise that Mexico ends up moving to Alabama near the original vine and olive colony. Now from, and within all of this, if you look deep enough you WILL find that Thomas Beale. Sr. connection, goes back to a curiosity that ECS had about someone a while back.

John Sherman didn’t write the Beale Pamphlet, he was just the perfect candidate for the job and he was in the perfect location for the task at had, but even if he did write it - it was certainly with a lot of guidance and prior knowledge in regards to actual events.

PS: Now Patterson, Girard, and Joseph Bonaparte, , they all knew Laffite and they were all engaged in the same type of affairs. Laffite also knew "Mr. Sherman" and he even references "Mr. Sherman" in relation to secret distributions of gold. And what is the Beale Pamphlet about? There you go gentlemen, the gun is now smoking hot!
Bigscoop. Have you eliminated this theory and all the other theories that are offshoots of this theory?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Fellas, if you've not already read this, you should, as I believe, with little doubt, that this is the source of your mystery. Keep in mind the timing of the Adam's Onis Treaty and Graham's timely visit to Texas, even the author of this piece brings into question the United State's mysterious and unexplained stance in all of this. There is also a great deal of money involved, with each band having an elected Captain, and perhaps the most important statement being the following...."and into which they could admit none but Frenchmen,"....and then followed by this exception, which would include many if applied broadly,"...or persons who had served in the Army of France." It's a very good read and I believe it summarizes the real source and situation:

Champ d'Asile from History of France by Anquetil
...because, once again, you are bringing forth the Adams-Onis Treaty theory.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The actual events all pre-dated the Civil War by some 40 years or more, but in 1862 those with knowledge of these earlier events were in Richmond again. I know it's not the answer/source many have been hoping for but the facts remain as they are, the dates, the missing fortune, the people involved, their circumstances, and it can all be brought back not only to Bedford County, but also directly to Sherman. Ironically, in 1862, Jerome Bonaparte is in Richmond and he is looking to buy certain properties in the very same region as the claimed deposits. During his stay in Richmond he and/or his agents spent time in Lynchburg/Bedford/Montville, etc., just as Joseph Bonaparte, Charles Lellamand and his brother Henri, and others had done many years before. Evidence survives that supports the existence of a strong Bonapartist attitude in the region during the period in question, this including members of the Buford family and several others. And let us not forget Risque as surviving evidence also suggest that he at least knew Stephen Girard (from surviving court records). And in all of this, Beale Sr. knew the Laffite's who were at the very heart and center of many of the people and the events in question. In 1821 Laffite recommended to Mr. Sherman and others that they stick to their promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places"...which they apparently did, or perhaps didn't do exactly to design? The Mr. Sherman in the above detail was related to John Sherman, "Mexico Sherman"...the man who moved to Alabama near the vine and olive colony was John Sherman's uncle, which would make him the brother of John Sherman's father. Risque and Beale supposedly have their famous duel....not too difficult to ascertain what it may have really been over once you make a study of the different family trees....then many years later Ward and Sherman become involved in the famous Beale Pamphlet. It's all there......
What became of the "strong Bonapartist attitude in the region"?
Did that piece of information also come from Laflin's forged fake Lafitte memoirs?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
DANG! Like watching Summer RE-RUNS! Of VARIOUS TV shows; some of which... ARE NOT coming back... 'sniffle'.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG! Like watching Summer RE-RUNS!

You are so right the ding dang film is just about worn out. I believe I might have to find another film to watch.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WELL! SKETCHBOOK OF LYNCHBURG; A Story As told in 1887; has Table of Content. Not much about OLD History; NO Robert MORRIS/MORRISS, NO Beale PAPERS Pamphlet, NO Thomas Beale/Thomas J. Beale, etc. Just Lynchburg, Va. as it was in 1887... MANY Ads, "Line drawings'' of stores/churches, etc., SORRY!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL! SKETCHBOOK OF LYNCHBURG; A Story As told in 1887; has Table of Content. Not much about OLD History; NO Robert MORRIS/MORRISS, NO Beale PAPERS Pamphlet, NO Thomas Beale/Thomas J. Beale, etc. Just Lynchburg, Va. as it was in 1887... MANY Ads, "Line drawings'' of stores/churches, etc., SORRY!

I have a copy. I also have a sketchbook of Danville, Va. He made several of those books in 1887. PV re-copyrighted the one about Lynchburg.

It is strange with the Beale Papers being in the newspapers 1885 that Edward Pollock never mentioned anything about an enormous treasure being buried in the surrounding area.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have a copy. I also have a sketchbook of Danville, Va. He made several of those books in 1887. PV re-copyrighted the one about Lynchburg.

It is strange with the Beale Papers being in the newspapers 1885 that Edward Pollock never mentioned anything about an enormous treasure being buried in the surrounding area.
Danville, Va. is INTERESTING, I bet...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, "wifie" like to watch "romantic/Christmas movies"... YECH! I like "shoot 'em up or ADVENTURE movies!

I watch Christmas movies all the time particularly like "Prancer" and A Smokey Mountain Christmas and of course Miracle on 34th Street the old and the new version. I also like shoot-em westerns and comedy westerns. But anyway I plan on researching and finding something that will prove or disprove the Beale Treasure Story. It is personal now and I plan on a swift ending.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Per "OP", we are WAITING... vacation over, yet; "BS"...? Read the Sketchbook of Bedford, Va. TOO! NOTHING about the SHERMANS, Bedford, Va.; V & O Colony, Galveston... looking for a Jean Lafitte "connection"...? PV DOES have a chapter or two on the Jean Lafitte "connection"; in BOTH books... NOTHING about the V & O Colony, Galveston, the Shermans...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Pirate's "booty" moved to St. Loo up "Old Muddy", where Jean assumed a "NEW" name & lived "out his days"...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be patient, I'm working on it. And this time I'm also going to include some letters, documents, etc., that up until now I've been keeping to myself until I could fill a few holes with "documentation." It's going to be lengthy but it will also provide what everyone lacks, those direct connections and such. A long time ago I said that if the Beale narration held any measure of truth then that evidence would be out there somewhere, most likely in the papers and letters of private collections, etc. Well, they did exist and their contents is undeniable. So just give me a while. Putting all of it in condensed, yet perfectly clear order isn't easy.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The big question is does it confirm the Beale story as written in the 1885 Beale Papers, or is it another story behind the Beale story of the job pamphlet?
Which leads to the ciphers, are they legitimate messages?
You realize that the Beale Papers and ciphers are either true as presented, or are just a work of fiction.
Not half true based on this or that as a cover story, but true as written or a fictional dime novel.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be patient, I'm working on it. And this time I'm also going to include some letters, documents, etc., that up until now I've been keeping to myself until I could fill a few holes with "documentation." It's going to be lengthy but it will also provide what everyone lacks, those direct connections and such. A long time ago I said that if the Beale narration held any measure of truth then that evidence would be out there somewhere, most likely in the papers and letters of private collections, etc. Well, they did exist and their contents is undeniable. So just give me a while. Putting all of it in condensed, yet perfectly clear order isn't easy.

Instead of placing it in the correct order why not just tell us did the story happen or not?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Probably because he knew the Beale Papers was only a mere dime novel.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of placing it in the correct order why not just tell us did the story happen or not?

There are a lot of details, documents, records, etc., that have to be presented in order to clearly establish everything. "No. The letters are bogus but with reason, to hide the true source, so no mine or buffalo hunt, etc." But just about everything else in the narration is true, the presented unsolved ciphers having been altered from their original form. I know, sounds too fishy, but I assure that the true nature of the story was not with the purpose of telling fiction.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of details, documents, records, etc., that have to be presented in order to clearly establish everything. "No. The letters are bogus but with reason, to hide the true source, so no mine or buffalo hunt, etc." But just about everything else in the narration is true, the presented unsolved ciphers having been altered from their original form. I know, sounds too fishy, but I assure that the true nature of the story was not with the purpose of telling fiction.

Keep something in mind, Franklin, in 1885, the only people who stood any chance at all of making the proposed connections would have been those people who already possessed the knowledge to make those connections. That publication, as you will soon see, was clearly, "a targeted publication." Just as I have suggested for quite some time now. So undeniable is the information that I'm preparing to present "somewhere" that even ECS will find great struggles in trying to negate those details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread