OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTHING found in local books (history); 1832...?

Yes, there is some info in there. But first this: "After Louis-Philippe restored the old imperial military grades after the July Revolution of 1830, Lallemand returned to France. From 1837-1838, he served as military governor of Corsica. Charles Lallemand died in Paris in 1839."

Joseph Bonaparte, and several Bonaparte loyalist moved from the USA and returned to Corsica...but do you know why? Why Corsica?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Joseph Bonaparte, and several Bonaparte loyalist moved from the USA and returned to Corsica...but do you know why? Why Corsica?
TEACHER:"ECS,can you tell the class what was Napolean's nationality?"
ECS:"Course I can!"
TEACHER:"That's correct."

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, if the Bonaparte's couldn't set foot back in France, then how is it possible that they were allowed to return home in Corsica, which was a French held possession?

Why was there a fund raiser held for this same region in the Bedford/Lynchburg area prior to these folks returning to Corsica? How were these proceeds handled, who handled them?

"1832" - the end of the 10-year term. Why 1832? When did these people start returning to Corsica?

Louis Phillippe is supposedly doing all he can to prevent the Bonapartes/Bonapartist from reestablishing themselves in France, yet in 1832 they end up in Corsica, a French possession and their homeland seed, Lallemand even becomes the Governor of Corsica.

Follow these people during their time in the US, their activities, establish all the relationships - even those prior to their coming to the US, and then investigate all the events that lead up to their return to Corsica = and this is, without a doubt, your Beale Pamphlet source. :icon_thumleft:

PS: And who falls into power after Louis Phillippe? And who is back in Richmond looking for property in the Bedford/Lynchburg region in 1862? Both of these names end with, "Bonaparte".

Algernon Sydney Buford, Napoleon Bonaparte Buford, Buford's Tavern,......and so on and so on.

The Sherman family was tied in with this bunch too, as was Beale Sr. - he even knew the Laffites from his time in New Orleans. And there is missing money, big money that came from west to east during the exact period in question. All of it within the same period as described the Beale Pamphlet.

"That most sacred of all documents"...the DOI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Final admission"...?

Yep. There's been a fairly consistent pattern with some of these folks......what they once did in secret years prior - they later have need to reference in communications several years after the fact. We've been running into this quite a bit. Up to now we've just been focused on the effected period sources but now we're looking for those later communications/documents/records, etc. It will be there somewhere, maybe just a line or two referencing the entire affair. Sort of a "do you remember when" type thing.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yep. There's been a fairly consistent pattern with some of these folks......what they once did in secret years prior - they later have need to reference in communications several years after the fact. We've been running into this quite a bit. Up to now we've just been focused on the effected period sources but now we're looking for those later communications/documents/records, etc. It will be there somewhere, maybe just a line or two referencing the entire affair. Sort of a "do you remember when" type thing.

Hmmm... "fairly consistent pattern with some of these folks...". WHO?! I need names for Lynchburg/Bedford County, Va. area... in 1832. THANKS!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... "fairly consistent pattern with some of these folks...". WHO?! I need names for Lynchburg/Bedford County, Va. area... in 1832. THANKS!

Not exactly the "these folks" I'm referencing.....personally, I doubt if more then a small handful of people in the area had any insight into what was going around them. Morriss didn't know any of the members in Beale's party and yet it is told in the pamphlet that he knew just about everyone in the region who was anybody at all. If these men had been from the surrounding region Morriss would have at least known one or more of them, which he clearly did not. This was also a well organized affair with a lot of prior planning and means, something far above that of common men. "Experienced men with a very good and very loyal support system."

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not exactly the "these folks" I'm referencing.....personally, I doubt if more then a small handful of people in the area had any insight into what was going around them. Morriss didn't know any of the members in Beale's party and yet it is told in the pamphlet that he knew just about everyone in the region who was anybody at all. If these men had been from the surrounding region Morriss would have at least known one or more of them, which he clearly did not. This was also a well organized affair with a lot of prior planning and means, something far above that of common men. "Experienced men with a very good and very loyal support system."

Hmmm... "traveling Lodge" of FreeMasons...? From OLD Virginia...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... "traveling Lodge" of FreeMasons...? From OLD Virginia...?

The "Lodge System", back in the OLD days... allowed the Brethren to "meet on the LEVEL; part on the SQUARE. World-WIDE; SECRET hand-shake helped... Americans, Brits, Frenchies, Mexicans, etc. THUS, may we ever meet, act, & part... BTW, Napoleon was a FreeMason, as was George Washington, Chief Justice John Marshall (also Grand Master of FreeMasons in Virginia, then), TWO Lafitte Bros. (NOT Jean), Aaron Burr... MANY others!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ran across evidence that Joseph was also a Freemason - from what I read so far he tried to distance himself from the organization in his later years - still not sure just why yet?

One thing that's rather interesting to me is the exile of Napoleon - a man who is allowed to live in comfort on a secure island at an enormous cost to his captures - begs the question, "just exactly what was it that was keeping him alive" in the face of all the turmoil that he had caused? MANY a man had been put to death for much lesser charges/crimes.....so why was Napoleon spared? Perhaps some type of crazy brotherhood thing going on there? :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just ran across evidence that Joseph was also a Freemason - from what I read so far he tried to distance himself from the organization in his later years - still not sure just why yet?

One thing that's rather interesting to me is the exile of Napoleon - a man who is allowed to live in comfort on a secure island at an enormous cost to his captures - begs the question, "just exactly what was it that was keeping him alive" in the face of all the turmoil that he had caused? MANY a man had been put to death for much lesser charges/crimes.....so why was Napoleon spared? Perhaps some type of crazy brotherhood thing going on there? :dontknow:

COULD BE... "pics" of him with hand in coat is a clue... (of what "degree").

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I really believe this is eventually going to lead us to Corsica. "Several" of the main suspected conspirators end up there in 1832 and prior to this there was even a special event in the Bedford/Lynchburg area that many residents participated in that is also connected to this same Mediterranean region...
Would you please expound on these "special events and fund raisers" with the who,what,when,where,and why?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Probably of the seventh degree or "master of the second veil." Comes from the fourth chapter of Exodus --- God commanded Moses to thrust his hand inside his bosom.

:hello: 7th Degree is Royal Arch Mason; I am one. It has a GRAND Master of the 2nd Veil; hand in coat IS correct. I Am That I Am... :notworthy:

Last edited:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Lodge System", back in the OLD days... allowed the Brethren to "meet on the LEVEL; part on the SQUARE. World-WIDE; SECRET hand-shake helped... Americans, Brits, Frenchies, Mexicans, etc. THUS, may we ever meet, act, & part... BTW, Napoleon was a FreeMason, as was George Washington, Chief Justice John Marshall (also Grand Master of FreeMasons in Virginia, then), TWO Lafitte Bros. (NOT Jean), Aaron Burr... MANY others!

So could Alexandre Lafitte attend the lodge meetings in Philly as the secretary? Antoine Lafitte (Jeans son) was the secretary at the time. But in the minutes of the lodge both names are listed when Antoine is the secretary. I'm in deep on the genealogy of Antoine now looking for his baptismal records.

HH Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions