CODEBREAKER COMMENTS ABOUT BEALE CIPHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those were also the thoughts of Ward's grandson, Mr Walker who was also interviewed by Fawcett, as well as several others.
Have you read all the marginal handwritten notes, ie, the one about the buried treasure hoax story that appeared in a period Lynchburg INDEPENDENT newspaper?
Many of those named and interviewed in Fawcett's letter did not believe the story to be true.

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bealeciphers/Graphics/We_left_Saturday.pdf

It was the next day after the ad for the Beale Papers was posted on April 15, 1886 so that would be April 16, 1886.

Now this will blow you away. I found the THOMAS J. BEALE. I have not cut him out of the brush yet but I have found him.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It was the next day after the ad for the Beale Papers was posted on April 15, 1886 so that would be April 16, 1886...
From LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN, April 10, 1885/ Page 1, Column 3:
"A pamphlet under the title of "The Beale Papers" has just made its appearance in this city and contains WHAT ARE SAID TO BE AUTHENTIC STATEMENTS in reguard to an immense treasure buried in Bedford county, near Buford's, by several miners in 1828...buy a book, get a pick and shovel, strike for Buford's, dig, grow rich or starve".
Notice the "what are said to be", a rather subtle disclaimer from the first time mention of Ward's job pamphlet.
Also buried in 1828? Interesting typo.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was the next day after the ad for the Beale Papers was posted on April 15, 1886 so that would be April 16, 1886.

Now this will blow you away. I found the THOMAS J. BEALE. I have not cut him out of the brush yet but I have found him.

have seen any thomas beal's in your searches? i am told this is who all of you have been looking for.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/beale-papers/assets/files/doc656753.pdf
"Thomas (Beale), according to Fauquier county tax record, was taxed ten cents on his sole possession, a horse. He died a pauper in Montross, Virginia, 1851".- Carl Nelson, NSA Intelligence Officer, chief NSA researcher of the Beale Papers.

Nope, Mr. Nelson has the wrong Thomas Beale. The Thomas Beale that had the two rich brothers were sons of Tavernor Beale from Shenandoah County. This Thomas Beale was living in Fincastle as a lawyer and surveyor and after the duel with Risque went to New Orleans and became the Recorder of Wills and died Sept. 1820.

See if you can find anything on two Indians by the names of Thomas Beale and Leonard Beale born at the Indian Capitol In Kentucky.

I really do not think he is the right Thomas Beale. He is on my back burner for researching later. The Thomas Beale we are looking for was in the military or either went to a Military Academy or dropped out of a Military Academy. The letters he wrote to Robert Morriss was by someone that had been in the military. By using words such as "leaving your quarters" or "object in view" I am on his trail but after two hundred years not much research out there to find.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Make copies, while you still can... from NSA. Wonder if they have CLASSFIED info...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bad choice did not work for me/

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A "Study Group" for the Beale Cipher(s) Association in PA. THEY found NOTHING in PA... some members came down to VA... NOTHING found. LOL!

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread