HOAX BELIEVERS GET NASTY AWAKENING ON BEALE PAPERS

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How so...?

First when offering the general description of Beale, and then again when referencing his complexion during his second visit, "even darker then before." Keep in mind that tans aren't maintained for very long without constant exposure to tanning environments, the winter plains and winter in Virginia not being those environments. Morriss doesn't describe Beale as being tan, but rather he describes his complexion as it was during those extended stays at his residence. A tan would have been lost. I was as dark as chocolate when came back to Indiana in the dead of winter from Florida, lost that dark tan in just a few weeks. But Beale apparently never lost his dark and swarthy complexion. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to understand the difference between a tan and a complexion, or natural skin tone. You also need to realize that, according to the narration, Beale maintained this complexion throughout his winter stays with Morriss, something that would not have been possible with just a tan unless there was a tanning booth nearby. :laughing7::thumbsup: The state of the alleged Beale's alleged complaxion made very-very clear in the narration, not once, but twice.
Which does not fit the Thomas Beale of the Risqué duel and later of New Orleans, not that of his son, and neither had a "J" or a "Jefferson" as a middle name.
In my opinion, Ward borrowed that description from his contemporary, the Thomas J Beale, Jackson Ward alderman of Richmond.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
First when offering the general description of Beale, and then again when referencing his complexion during his second visit, "even darker then before."
Keep in mind that tans aren't maintained for very long without constant exposure to tanning environments, the winter plains and winter in Virginia not being those environments.
Morriss doesn't describe Beale as being tan, but rather he describes his complexion as it was during those extended stays at his residence...
Beale apparently never lost his dark and swarthy complexion.
One of many purposeful discrepancies that are peppered throughout the 1885 Beale Papers that were "tells" in 1885 Lynchburg, but constantly overlooked by todays readers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, Ward borrowed that description from his contemporary, the Thomas J Beale, Jackson Ward alderman of Richmond.

I think that is the most likely scenario, this being why the author made reference of Richmond when he penned, "near where they live" or however that exact wording was. Too bad I've been unable to find out more about this Thomas J. Beale. Maybe this winter I'll have another go at it? I'm sure there's more there if one only digs deep enough.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to understand the difference between a tan and a complexion, or natural skin tone. You also need to realize that, according to the narration, Beale maintained this complexion throughout his winter stays with Morriss, something that would not have been possible with just a tan unless there was a tanning booth nearby. :laughing7::thumbsup: The state of the alleged Beale's alleged complaxion made very-very clear in the narration, not once, but twice.

For the time a bath was once a week, a 30 day stay at Mr Morriss's it would be possible to keep a tan. And the fact that Morriss was describing Beale as when he met him first day not when he left. Seems your fantasy is far off the facts!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
First when offering the general description of Beale, and then again when referencing his complexion during his second visit, "even darker then before." Keep in mind that tans aren't maintained for very long without constant exposure to tanning environments, the winter plains and winter in Virginia not being those environments. Morriss doesn't describe Beale as being tan, but rather he describes his complexion as it was during those extended stays at his residence. A tan would have been lost. I was as dark as chocolate when came back to Indiana in the dead of winter from Florida, lost that dark tan in just a few weeks. But Beale apparently never lost his dark and swarthy complexion. :thumbsup:
Well, Thomas Jefferson's son with Sally Heming (Beverly, known in TJ's Farm book as "TOM", was a light-skin "blacK", getting darker when exposed to the Sun (Swarthy); read that TJ'S son was sent on the Lewis & Clark Expedition... as a SERVANT, not a slave.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Thomas Jefferson's son with Sally Heming (Beverly, known in TJ's Farm book as "TOM", was a light-skin "blacK", getting darker when exposed to the Sun (Swarthy); read that TJ'S son was sent on the Lewis & Clark Expedition... as a SERVANT, not a slave.

You may wish to check out the term Servant a bit more!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that is the most likely scenario, this being why the author made reference of Richmond when he penned, "near where they live" or however that exact wording was. Too bad I've been unable to find out more about this Thomas J. Beale. Maybe this winter I'll have another go at it? I'm sure there's more there if one only digs deep enough.
Jackson Ward Richmond Alderman Thomas J Beale was a freeborn man of color, and served with the Richmond Howitzers, a Confederate company composed of Freeborn men of color during the War of Northern Aggression.
Ward was also in Richmond at that time, joining a Richmond Freemason Lodge and preparing a mileage chart of cities in the Confederate States for printing.
It is very possible that they could have been acquainted during this time, and Ward, remembering this name similar to that of his grandfather Risque's duel, used the name and description for his copyrighted work.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the time a bath was once a week, a 30 day stay at Mr Morriss's it would be possible to keep a tan. And the fact that Morriss was describing Beale as when he met him first day not when he left. Seems your fantasy is far off the facts!

You can't wash off a tan or complexion....:laughing7:.....when I lived in Florida I took multiple showers a day on many occasions, still had my dark tan. :laughing7: But when I came back to Indiana in the winter, tan pretty much gone in a month. Pretty obvious that you're once again trying to start a debate on an issue that you nothing about. In fact, most of your post contain quotes from other posters as thier substance which begs me to ask, have you even read the Beale Papers?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jackson Ward Richmond Alderman Thomas J Beale was a freeborn man of color, and served with the Richmond Howitzers, a Confederate company composed of Freeborn men of color during the War of Northern Aggression.
Ward was also in Richmond at that time, joining a Richmond Freemason Lodge and preparing a mileage chart of cities in the Confederate States for printing.
It is very possible that they could have been acquainted during this time, and Ward, remembering this name similar to that of his grandfather Risque's duel, used the name and description for his copyrighted work.

I've often wondered if his role as Alderman somehow brought him into contact with Ward? And Jackson Ward, I wish I knew more about the local attitude concerning Jackson Ward during the period, it's location in regards to the actual city/residents attitude back in the day, that sort of thing?

Also, where, exactly, did all of that Jackson Ward wealth come from? We'll never know, of course, but then again, "never recovered" can take many forms.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
During the "2nd year of the Confederate War" Thomas J Beale was not the Alderman of Jackson Ward because that name came after the War during Reconstruction- but he was Alderman in 1884, the year Ward copyrighted the Beale Papers as agent.
This, as well as other many "mentions" that appear in the 1885 Beale Papers "authentic statements", are references to events in Ward's and members of he extended Risqué family bloodline, provide "plausible facts" for the presented Beale narrative story.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the "2nd year of the Confederate War" Thomas J Beale was not the Alderman of Jackson Ward because that name came after the War during Reconstruction- but he was Alderman in 1884, the year Ward copyrighted the Beale Papers as agent.
This, as well as other many "mentions" that appear in the 1885 Beale Papers "authentic statements", are references to events in Ward's and members of he extended Risqué family bloodline, provide "plausible facts" for the presented Beale narrative story.

What are the odds that in 1884, the year before the pamphlet was published, that the only Thomas J. Beale of record, and also living in Richmond, also a man of color who we assume at least roughly fitted the provided description of TJB, wasn't in some way involved? I find it credibly difficult to believe that, in some way, he wasn't, even if it was just borrowed identity. Personally, I believe there's more then fair chance that he may have even wrote the Beale. :dontknow:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
While NO evidence has ever been produced that can prove the Beale perilous adventure treasure story true, there are many examples of events in Ward's Risqué extended bloodline that are alluded in the Beale Papers way beyond chance or coincidence.
One must take into account that the Beale Papers were written to be sold in 1885 Lynchburg, an audience who would understand these alluded references in the narrative text, most notably, the difference of the name Thomas Beale of the Risqué duel of the pamphlet's time period, and that of the 1884 contemporary Alderman Thomas J Beale of Richmond.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This would be consistent with the fact that the Pamphlet is an updated version of the Beale venture using the Beal letters and the words of Morriss updated to fit the language of the 1885's. We can see Wards own words added in the Pamphlet as well.
Is it a coincidence that Dr Pepper was introduced to the public in 1885, the same year as the publication of the Beale Papers?
...and, while it was developed in a drugstore Waco, Texas, the man that created the recipe was from Christianburg, Virginia?
Did he know Ward or Alderman Beale during the "2nd year of the Confederate War"?
Was this recipe found in the original Beale letters, but lost after the Beale massacre by Indians?

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't wash off a tan or complexion....:laughing7:.....when I lived in Florida I took multiple showers a day on many occasions, still had my dark tan. :laughing7: But when I came back to Indiana in the winter, tan pretty much gone in a month. Pretty obvious that you're once again trying to start a debate on an issue that you nothing about. In fact, most of your post contain quotes from other posters as thier substance which begs me to ask, have you even read the Beale Papers?

It depends on your natural skin tone. If you are fair skinned your tan may not stick around for long. Maybe 3-4 weeks. If you have some color to your skin, like an olive complexion you may end up keeping the tan for about 2-3 months.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-does-a-tan-last

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on your natural skin tone. If you are fair skinned your tan may not stick around for long. Maybe 3-4 weeks. If you have some color to your skin, like an olive complexion you may end up keeping the tan for about 2-3 months.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-does-a-tan-last

You did just take note that you have indeed just supported what I've been saying all along, yes? :laughing7: You just pointed out the difference between a tan and a "complexion." :thumbsup:
Your writer/author is speaking in terms of "complexion" or "natural skin tone" as you just so well confirmed. So very-very clearly, he was not referencing "tan" but rather he was referencing just what he said he was referencing, "complexion!" I knew you'd finally do a bit of research on the subject and draw upon this same fact. Well done! :thumbsup:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that the man who proposed the theory of TJB being from the love child of Thomas Jefferson was indeed true, but the man that wrote the Beale, was a die hard using this as a way to make the pamphlet into something of a rage inspiring novel.....

One part laughing at the secret affairs of the previous president....to make a stab at his love for a "servant"

One part to make a stab at the US and the Union by incorporating the Declaration of Independence into the mystery, as in the Confederacy declaring independence again.

One part to make it out to seem that a group of savage natives slaughtered their men, who were mining for a perilous enterprise, which literally means one that is "destined to fail", or a part of their Manifest Destiny plans incorporating Mormonism into their affairs, and forging he Gold Rush tales with lies in the press to lure thousands out west.....even bringing in Chinese to help build the Railroads there and back across the Rockies.....

There are many tales of these men and their interests out west.....but what the Beale speaks of is only ONE of these wild ideas to trick their flock into following.......their were many that were all crafted like this.

The Beale speaks of a story out of place in the tales of these men in Buford's, and this is the tale that is interwoven to show certain elements of the Beale are separated from the tales that are older and comical....

The historical elements are based on fact, and the basic elements of the treasure that they had their own men bury was woven in the numerical and statements that were tied to the physical movements as JB Ward was undoubtedly involved in making up mapping and mileage charts from known cartographic records of the times......

"Listing" two ciphers as additional elements to ponder the meaning of but not spend much time on it.....pondering these elements trying to force them to fit.

The listing of numbers is something a Purser on a ship would make am I wrong....? a ship lists from side to side...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread