HOAX BELIEVERS GET NASTY AWAKENING ON BEALE PAPERS

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It was in the month of January,1820 while keeping the Washington Hotel, that I first saw and became acquainted with Beale"
"In person he was about six feet in height, with jet black eyes and hair the same color...but his distinguishing feature was a dark and swarthy complexion, as if much exposure to the sun and weather had discolored him...He was a model of manly beauty favored by the ladies..." THE BEALE PAPERS

It is apparent from the above "authentic statements" description that this "distinguishing feature" was permanent and not a temporary condition like a sunburn.
...and the "unknown author" strongly pointed out this "distinguishing feature" for purposeful reason.

Nov, Dec Jan, Feb, March.......all great months for maintaining a dark and swarthy tan in Virginia! Tourist flock there all the time in the dead of winter for just that reason...:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and how many railroad locomotives existed during the 1820's in St Louis or the Spanish southwest?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The method of transportation is never mentioned in the Beale Papers, the use of wagons is an assumption.

Three members of the Beale Party walked into Buford's Tavern, and a round of ale for all.
Pascal Buford asks these strangers how they intend to pay for this, and the elected captain of the Beale party produced a leather bag, pouring jewels on the bar top.
My name is Beale, and I believe these will cover several rounds.
Pascal quickly scooped up the jewels while asking from where they all came.
Beale's two companions replied in unison-
"He went to Jareds"!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The method of transportation is never mentioned in the Beale Papers, the use of wagons is an assumption.

Three members of the Beale Party walked into Buford's Tavern, and a round of ale for all.
Pascal Buford asks these strangers how they intend to pay for this, and the elected captain of the Beale party produced a leather bag, pouring jewels on the bar top.
My name is Beale, and I believe these will cover several rounds.
Pascal quickly scooped up the jewels while asking from where they all came.
Beale's two companions replied in unison-
"He went to Jareds"!

:laughing7:

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It was in the month of January,1820 while keeping the Washington Hotel, that I first saw and became acquainted with Beale"
"In person he was about six feet in height, with jet black eyes and hair the same color...but his distinguishing feature was a dark and swarthy complexion, as if much exposure to the sun and weather had discolored him...He was a model of manly beauty favored by the ladies..." THE BEALE PAPERS

It is apparent from the above "authentic statements" description that this "distinguishing feature" was permanent and not a temporary condition like a sunburn.
...and the "unknown author" strongly pointed out this "distinguishing feature" for purposeful reason.

I think you have a warped idea of what the history of the time being talked about truly was.
He was a model of manly beauty favored by the ladies. What ladies? This would tell us a lot! The idea that 6 months in the sun working and a few weeks on a horse back to Virginia was just a sunburn is a stinker!

This man was a German by his name. Possibly we should start there if one wishes to look at originality of family!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
He was a model of manly beauty favored by the ladies. What ladies? This would tell us a lot! ...
You reckon he slipped away from Morriss' Washington Hotel to visit Buzzard's Roost on Commerce Street a street over?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have a warped idea of what the history of the time being talked about truly was.
He was a model of manly beauty favored by the ladies. What ladies? This would tell us a lot! The idea that 6 months in the sun working and a few weeks on a horse back to Virginia was just a sunburn is a stinker!

This man was a German by his name. Possibly we should start there if one wishes to look at originality of family!

All this time I thought he was British? The first Captain Thomas Beale was sent over to Virginia by King Charles. Which country was he King in?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All this time I thought he was British? The first Captain Thomas Beale was sent over to Virginia by King Charles. Which country was he King in?
Beale is definitely an English name, derived from Anglo-Saxon, Old French, and Old English, the meaning "fair handsome man". Very reminiscent of "model of manly beauty" description of Thomas J Beale in the Beale Papers.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beale is definitely an English name, derived from Anglo-Saxon, Old French, and Old English, the meaning "fair handsome man". Very reminiscent of "model of manly beauty" description of Thomas J Beale in the Beale Papers.

Americanized spelling of German Biehl or BĂŒhl (see Buehl).

Amazing, you guys don't know this!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You reckon he slipped away from Morriss' Washington Hotel to visit Buzzard's Roost on Commerce Street a street over?

Or was it just a few people who stayed one night at a time going to and from somewhere a few times a month. Like tavern's were set up for.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Americanized spelling of German Biehl or BĂŒhl (see Buehl).

Amazing, you guys don't know this!

Not even close, not in any current or extinct dialect of German.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even close, not in any current or extinct dialect of German.

https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=beal

Old English beag ‘ring’, here probably used in the sense ‘river bend’, or an unattested personal name Beaga derived from this word + halh ‘nook’, ‘recess’. French (BĂ©al): topographic name for someone who lived by a mill race, from the Lyonnaise dialect term bĂ©al, bezale, bedale (of Gaulish origin). Americanized spelling of German Biehl or BĂŒhl (see Buehl).

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=beal

Old English beag ‘ring’, here probably used in the sense ‘river bend’, or an unattested personal name Beaga derived from this word + halh ‘nook’, ‘recess’. French (BĂ©al): topographic name for someone who lived by a mill race, from the Lyonnaise dialect term bĂ©al, bezale, bedale (of Gaulish origin). Americanized spelling of German Biehl or BĂŒhl (see Buehl).

OK, nothing at all to do with German.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread