Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Are you, my friend, able to presents any credible documentation outside of Ward's Beale Papers that anything in the narrative text occurred outside of the job print pamphlet's pages?
"Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"-Bob Dylan
YEP! Peter wrote a book (now, out of print) CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVER-UP: Duty, Honor, & DECEIT. He also alluded to this in his second book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a Mystery; TWO "Sources". Railroad Train off-loaded several coffins of "CSA" dead Rebels (REALLY Gold, Silver, Jewelry) (Thaxton, VA. I think) & buried it near-by (James River), for further transport to Lexington, Va./VMI. :coffee2:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Talked to PV, before he passed away about he last book, & the CSA/Beale Treasure "theory". Based on what I know about ''local" history, Civil War, etc. I BELIEVE him. R & I is STILL on-going.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My "all in the Ward/Risque family" references found throughout the Beale narrative text is more plausible than force fitting a Confederate coverup conspiracy connection to a fictional period adventure treasure dime novel.
The only mention being "During the second year of the Confederate War..." makes the theory another forced fitted unrelated patchwork pieced together to support a pet theory.
While an interesting read, there is NO actual proof that ties PV speculation to Ward's BEALE PAPERS.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My "all in the Ward/Risque family" references found throughout the Beale narrative text is more plausible than force fitting a Confederate coverup conspiracy connection to a fictional period adventure treasure dime novel.
The only mention being "During the second year of the Confederate War..." makes the theory another forced fitted unrelated patchwork pieced together to support a pet theory.
While an interesting read, there is NO actual proof that ties PV speculation to Ward's BEALE PAPERS.
YOUR opinion... other opinions are welcome.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked to PV, before he passed away about he last book, & the CSA/Beale Treasure "theory". Based on what I know about ''local" history, Civil War, etc. I BELIEVE him. R & I is STILL on-going.

But the beales codes were a work of fiction. Like believing the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books were historical fact...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YOUR opinion...

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was to sell papers and a short novel. he needed $$$

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is what professional US Government codebreaker Elizabeth Smith Friedman concluded in her 4 March 1938 letter to Clayton I Hart.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What...? Can you scan it...?
The date I posted was wrong, the letter to Clayton I Hart was dated 4 March 1938 and was written when Elizabeth S Friedman worked as a codebreaker for the US Coast Guard, Division of Intelligence.
A copy is in her files at the Marshall Library and it is also posted on Ron Gervais Angelfire Beale site.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Talked to PV, before he passed away about he last book, & the CSA/Beale Treasure "theory".
Based on what I know about ''local" history, Civil War, etc. I BELIEVE him. R & I is STILL on-going.
Due to the conspicuously obvious fact that NO outside sources exist that collaborate the Beale perilous adventure treasure story outside of Ward's copyrighted published pamphlet, many theories like PV's CSA treasure coverup and aftermath versions like THE HART PAPERS and Claudia Fulton Ellis's why the KEY was never delivered story continue to expand the Beale fictional tale.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Due to the conspicuously obvious fact that NO outside sources exist that collaborate the Beale perilous adventure treasure story outside of Ward's copyrighted published pamphlet, many theories like PV's CSA treasure coverup and aftermath versions like THE HART PAPERS and Claudia Fulton Ellis's why the KEY was never delivered story continue to expand the Beale fictional tale.
ONLY the TITLE of "Ward's copyrighted public pamphlet" was COPY-RIGHTED; NOT the "STORY".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread