OP
OP
P

Pistolshrimp

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all have a patience I can only hope to obtain.

jhonnz41, there is a saying that goes, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I genuinely want you to be correct, but the more hints you give the more doubtful of your claim I become. If you want you can send me your solution and I can test it in my program and if it follows the rules of a normal cryptogram you will have computer-backed non-biased evidence to present going forward. Failing that tho, I'm not sure this particular thread is the best place to drop your hints or ask for help figuring out the answers to questions that you won't actually say.

With that said, I am becoming more dubious of any decipherable content being in Cipher 1 to begin with. There is something weird going on with it, but what that is I cannot say. In any case if it does have content it doesn't seem to follow normal sentence rules.

View attachment 1832595

These graphs show the normalized success rate of a Trigrams being found in each Cipher. I added a pass with randomly generated words, 1 where I randomly rearranged the numbers of the cipher text and one where I used completely random numbers to create a new cipher the same size as each of the originals. 2 and 3 have very similar patterns, the differences being at least partly due to the size of each cipher and complexity due to how many repeating numbers. Cipher 1 tho is a mess. It seems to indicate that it is not pure randomness but given that it produces alphabet strings when decoded with the DOI that's not news. My guess is that either it was deliberately created by Ward + friends entice people into thinking there was something there when there wasn't so the papers would sell better, or potentially, if you're into this sort of thing, created by Beale to throw people off from the location by the easy to find pattern making people think that was the true location text rather than the third. This would explain a couple of things, for instance why the third document appears to be too short to include the names and relatives and locations of 30 people, and why he would bother to encode the names in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a bit more to unpack here, for instance the curves may indicate close-ness to an answer, ie the less normal (bell curve) they are they closer to the true solution, but I'll save it for after I've ran some more trials.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a bit more to unpack here, for instance the curves may indicate close-ness to an answer, ie the less normal (bell curve) they are they closer to the true solution, but I'll save it for after I've ran some more trials.

That explains it, the page 1 curve is different because the algorithm in page 1 is different from page 2 and 3...It was hard mentioning the message here..many people are fishing for information...That is why when solving the page 3, I tried using the same algorithm in page 2.., But I think its not the first letter...Perhaps the last letter of the word?

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you however of Beale's mistake when writing the page 1...However, a computer could not solve this unless I say how it should be solved..

Here are his errors...Or he may did this on purpose, because of consistency.....

Numbers:

463 and 474 should be swapped..

38, 416, 89, ... until 361, 824, WILL BE (PLUS ONE)

623, 48, 961, ... until 122, 85, WILL BE (PLUS ONE)

210 and 36 should be swapped..

The rest is normal...

If you understood his pattern, There will be no problem figuring out which is which. You simply write it down....
Maybe he was sleepy when writhing this, then realized he made mistake somewhere in the middle and then try to correct it..
Is there a scarcity of paper before that you would not bother redoing an important message? Maybe he just did this on purpose...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Weird, Base on the number of miles that he gave it feels right..2 of the distances Beale gave which was confirmed by the museum is accurate...So I just assumed this data....I wish I know more since I am more interested of his route..
Fincastle, Va. was the "starting place" of his adventure; also "starting place" for Lewis & Clark... was known as the GATEWAY TO THE WEST. :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
he said that his friends named a land there after him..If only I have a lot of data regarding these landmarks, I could hit the jackpot..Not only revealing the treasures location, but a clue on how to solve the page 3...
HA! YOU said that treasure was LONG GONE...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all have a patience I can only hope to obtain.

jhonnz41, there is a saying that goes, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I genuinely want you to be correct, but the more hints you give the more doubtful of your claim I become. If you want you can send me your solution and I can test it in my program and if it follows the rules of a normal cryptogram you will have computer-backed non-biased evidence to present going forward. Failing that tho, I'm not sure this particular thread is the best place to drop your hints or ask for help figuring out the answers to questions that you won't actually say.

With that said, I am becoming more dubious of any decipherable content being in Cipher 1 to begin with. There is something weird going on with it, but what that is I cannot say. In any case if it does have content it doesn't seem to follow normal sentence rules.

View attachment 1832595

These graphs show the normalized success rate of a Trigrams being found in each Cipher. I added a pass with randomly generated words, 1 where I randomly rearranged the numbers of the cipher text and one where I used completely random numbers to create a new cipher the same size as each of the originals. 2 and 3 have very similar patterns, the differences being at least partly due to the size of each cipher and complexity due to how many repeating numbers. Cipher 1 tho is a mess. It seems to indicate that it is not pure randomness but given that it produces alphabet strings when decoded with the DOI that's not news. My guess is that either it was deliberately created by Ward + friends entice people into thinking there was something there when there wasn't so the papers would sell better, or potentially, if you're into this sort of thing, created by Beale to throw people off from the location by the easy to find pattern making people think that was the true location text rather than the third. This would explain a couple of things, for instance why the third document appears to be too short to include the names and relatives and locations of 30 people, and why he would bother to encode the names in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here is the decipherment of Code Paper Number 3 with all the associates names and their residences or to whom they wanted their share of the treasure to go to: Beale's Associates.jpg Beale's Associates 2.jpg Beale's Associates3.jpg Beale Associates4.jpg Beale Associates5.jpg Beale Associates6.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The names I am looking does not appear here...Which means, they are not part of Beale's party???Meaning...Finders keepers???

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose Creek is exactly what I am looking at...sending you the Map once I finished this...But its still a theory Unless I can get the necessary data based on descriptions.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I solved C1 and C3 also did C2 and had it copyrighted over 30 years ago.

If the name of the one who removed a clue does not appear in page 3...Then....I can say that either, the treasure is still there or they are finders keepers then tear down a clue?I am so confused right now...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letter frequency and projected same letter on same cipher. Same way I decoded Paper Number One. A computer can not think.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letter frequency and projected same letter on same cipher. Same way I decoded Paper Number One. A computer can not think.

Can you post page 1?The page 1 I think was solved differently than the 2 or 3...It was copyrighted anyway :-D...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread