POSSIBLE ROUTE BASED ON DESCRIPTIONS

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the map I made based on the descriptions given in Page 1...Mr. Franklin posted the 3rd page which Revealed that the page 1 and page 3 were somewhat linked together based on the descriptions given(Goose Creek)..Check this Map out guys as I am not sure of this...I only rely on research skills unless museums would give me the data that I needed.

They Might came from newcastle first or Goose Creek...I am unsure of this..The only way this seems logical is that they are sightseeing(on page 1)

I am not sure on this, but you guys gave me data so Ill give you some...Feel free to post your thoughts regarding this..

Attachments

• boutetort.jpg
    boutetort.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name that I am looking at does not appear on page 3 of Mr. Franklin, which means, that it was just a coincidence that a clue was removed. This guys might not know of the treasure that it was nearby..Treasure might still be in the Area....

If its there, Lets share it guys???

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here is the map I made based on the descriptions given in Page 1...Mr. Franklin posted the 3rd page which Revealed that the page 1 and page 3 were somewhat linked together based on the descriptions given(Goose Creek)..Check this Map out guys as I am not sure of this...I only rely on research skills unless museums would give me the data that I needed.

They Might came from newcastle first or Goose Creek...I am unsure of this..The only way this seems logical is that they are sightseeing(on page 1)

I am not sure on this, but you guys gave me data so Ill give you some...Feel free to post your thoughts regarding this..
Just a map; that county once went ALL the way to the Mississippi River.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I cannot reveal whats next after Goose Creek...I am not sure maybe you guys are tricking me for information...Even if I got the message wrong, you will have Idea where it is based on my landmarks.. Unless you gave me a share :-D Lol...

Pistolshrimp

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I'll bite.

Mines in the area, zoom in on the map.

Here is arguably a better map of 1860's Botetourt County for looking for landmarks. Keep in mind both your maps are 40 years past when Beale would have been there.

This search shows some maps of Alleghany County The first map is not too far from your ending point and shows some of the names of the local residents. It however is 50 years past Beale's visit.

Some places have alternate names which have been recorded by the USGS. This link is for Goose Creek, but you could theoretically search to see if there are alternate, older names, for some of the landmarks on these older maps, or reverse it and see if any of your hints have more modern names.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
New Castle is STILL in Virginia, in Craig County, Va. Gotta go to St. Louis, then go on the Santa Fe Trail...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry I cannot reveal whats next after Goose Creek...I am not sure maybe you guys are tricking me for information...Even if I got the message wrong, you will have Idea where it is based on my landmarks.. Unless you gave me a share :-D Lol...
HA! Just start with St. Louis...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Share of NOTHING...?

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
default.jpg

Here...send me a map of bedord Ill give you guys some details.

Why I say this is his route?In page 1 he measured the distance from this point to this point..then from here to here...Which seems to work based on his descriptions..

How could they do this, I cant even Estimate a distance of 100 meters...This guys are good at navigation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! Just start with St. Louis...

I dont know...they did not mention anything from there...
They only mentioned Virginia since Mr. Morriss is from Virginia, Landmarks which Mr. Morriss might know...

Besides I noticed they seem to be avoiding busy roads..Maybe they wont risk anyone noticing their treasure...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the trail that Thomas Beale and party would have used when going in and out of Bedford County. Inkedbotetourt county 1860b_LI.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They went here, and here, and here..

Im not going to trace their route in bedford, but at least give you idea where they went....

View attachment 1832926

That would cover about every road on the Blue Ridge Parkway, every road up and down Goose Creek and every road between the Peaks of Otter down to Bedford City. I have been all over everyone of those roads. Even the road that goes across Murell's Gap. I drove my car with my brother across there in a 1989 Lumina.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread