Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow you really found some treasures there! How does one go about just randomly finding an old bottle dump,did you do some research first?

OP
OP
kuhrissuhanneb

kuhrissuhanneb

Aug 21, 2013
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow you really found some treasures there! How does one go about just randomly finding an old bottle dump,did you do some research first?

Actually, I was walking around in the woods and just stumbled upon some broken bottles and some in tact and then I did some research and found out what it was. Then I started digging and found tons more (:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very neat kuhrissuanneb ,maybe I need to find some woods to walk in.

OP
OP
kuhrissuhanneb

kuhrissuhanneb

Aug 21, 2013
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's finds!

Attachments

• image-2765189404.jpg
    image-2765189404.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image-2594459984.jpg
    image-2594459984.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 122

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful stuff! My first pit was just a few weeks ago and it's the most fun I've had in years! 'Looks like your dump is from a similar period and we've pulled alot of the same things: pitchforks, horse shoes... I didn't find any intact jars, but I paid close attention to the dirt just before tossing it out of the pit and was able to pick out the glass stoppers, a creepy silver pin (my avatar), and a c.1900 Barber Quarter. Keep your eyes open!!!!! Oh, cover your tracks and post more pics!!!!

OP
OP
kuhrissuhanneb

kuhrissuhanneb

Aug 21, 2013
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful stuff! My first pit was just a few weeks ago and it's the most fun I've had in years! 'Looks like your dump is from a similar period and we've pulled alot of the same things: pitchforks, horse shoes... I didn't find any intact jars, but I paid close attention to the dirt just before tossing it out of the pit and was able to pick out the glass stoppers, a creepy silver pin (my avatar), and a c.1900 Barber Quarter. Keep your eyes open!!!!! Oh, cover your tracks and post more pics!!!!

I only use a small shovel and a small hand rake, it's easier to comb through dirt without breaking bottles that way! :) I've found tons of bottles and jars intact in this dump and it's awesome! And lots of leather shoes, none fully intact though :( but it's so interesting learning about all of this stuff!

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only use a small shovel and a small hand rake, it's easier to comb through dirt without breaking bottles that way! :) I've found tons of bottles and jars intact in this dump and it's awesome! And lots of leather shoes, none fully intact though :( but it's so interesting learning about all of this stuff!
Mine had shoes too! They fell apart though. 'Sounds like you're really taking your time; that's great. I had to hurry for fear that someone else would discover my crater. Congratulations!

OP
OP
kuhrissuhanneb

kuhrissuhanneb

Aug 21, 2013
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine had shoes too! They fell apart though. 'Sounds like you're really taking your time; that's great. I had to hurry for fear that someone else would discover my crater. Congratulations!

Around here, not many people know what bottle dumps/bottle digging is. Plus this is in the woods behind my house somewhere and it's not on anyone's property where I have to worry about getting in trouble ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread