Quick Draw II

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my Quick Draw II in from Mr. UPS man. I've only been waiting for a week and a half. Decided to play around in the backyard for a few in between the raindrops. Came out with 5 aluminum cans, 2 fence staples, a piece of brass (small) for who knows what, 2 zinc pennies and a "hotwheels" racecar. All in all, I'd say, good little machine for what I paid for it. Depth indicator was almost dead on every time, and the "cheap" little probe that came with it worked flawlessly. Headphones will definitely be the next item on the list, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, right?!

digincali

Mar 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Congrats on the new machine and your first of many hot-wheels. Welcome to the forum!

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey bud, welcome to TNET. This is a great place and I am sure that you will like it. Nothing "cheap" about your QDII. it is just inexpensive. ;D Sounds like you are hooked. Congrats on the finds. Take your time and learn your machine, listen to what it is telling you, learn from it, If something is frustrating you, figure it out, find out why this is happening or why that is going on. It will make you a better detectorist and make other people wonder why you can do so well with your "cheap" Bounty Hunter. You have a very capable detector and don't let anyone tell you different. And by the way, earphones will make a big difference on battery life. I use a harbor freight pin pointer, I don't think they come cheaper than that, and mine works fine. Take care and happy hunting.

capt.

OP
OP
Sand-duner

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only real complaint I have about the pinpointer is the sens. knob. If you jab into soft dirt, it tends to make the knob turn and can throw you off a bit, gotta be careful about that. I didn't have any problems with the battery compartment, which from what I hear is the biggest problem. I also noticed some people saying the connection between the lower and upper pieces is iffy or wobbly. I hadn't noticed it at all, but then again, I've only got about 2 hours of hunting under my belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions