Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2012
    Alabama
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

I saw a portion of this treasure when I was 17. Betty was in town to meet with a private collector willing to pay cash for many of the gold coins and silver. I saw something very few people will ever see.

Here you state you actually seen the treasure when you were 17, but then again, you state the family seen it. Sounds kind of strange to me.

Mar 2012
    I willl help for a percentage, I have found more coin's at old house places in the outhouse hanging at the end of a rope than I did with a detector. Alot of robberies back then and a great place to hide cash. What thief would take a chance on loosing his grip and winding up in the bottom of the out house....this is probaly an old post I didnt think to look at the date....if you do loose your grip hope like heck it echo's real well. not a good place to starve....or eat....

us
    Jul 2011
    SW Mo
    Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
    20 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
    I willl help for a percentage, I have found more coin's at old house places in the outhouse hanging at the end of a rope than I did with a detector. Alot of robberies back then and a great place to hide cash. What thief would take a chance on loosing his grip and winding up in the bottom of the out house....this is probaly an old post I didnt think to look at the date....if you do loose your grip hope like heck it echo's real well. not a good place to starve....or eat....
    This thread started in 2005 so is 7 yrs old and GG I don't think has responded since a few yrs back, If GG reads this please respond in such a way.so we can stay tuned to the story!!! You need to get the spots DOWSED by one of the 3 dowsers on treasure net. they are good and free.After 41 yrs at cache hunting I find it is best to have the suspected site dowsed first and analize the results as it takes too much time to drag a 2-box over lots of achreage. This is just my humble opinion but take someones advice thats been at it for over 40 yrs and save yourself some time and bewilderment, If you don't believe in dowsers do it anyway (for free) and get some satisfaction and RESULTS. rwd mo

us
    lock on

Jul 2007
    The Motor City
    L-rod / Y-rod / pendulum / angle rods / wand (bobber) Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Discovery TF900 and Fisher Gemini III 2-box
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rwd mo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
    This thread started in 2005 so is 7 yrs old and GG I don't think has responded since a few yrs back, If GG reads this please respond in such a way.so we can stay tuned to the story!!! You need to get the spots DOWSED by one of the 3 dowsers on treasure net. they are good and free.After 41 yrs at cache hunting I find it is best to have the suspected site dowsed first and analize the results as it takes too much time to drag a 2-box over lots of achreage. This is just my humble opinion but take someones advice thats been at it for over 40 yrs and save yourself some time and bewilderment, If you don't believe in dowsers do it anyway (for free) and get some satisfaction and RESULTS. rwd mo
    Yep,
    Just post a clear, sharp focus photo without any identifying information in the dowsing forum and let us know which way north is and see what dowsing reveals.
    Jon
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II
    166 times
    Shipwrecks
    GG is long gone. He found the third chest and now he is jet-setting in Europe with Betty. Why doesn't he post something? Well he took everyones advice and kept his mouth shut.

us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
    148 times
    Maybe Betty caught him digging up the chest, knocked him over the head with the shovel as he pulled the chest out of the ground, pushed him in the hole, buried him, and took the chest and contents!!
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1937 times
    It's been 7 years since the first post! Time to give up the ghost!Name:  hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  39.7 KB

May 2011
    1 times
    Cache Hunting
    use a long range detector that detect gold or silver just , like Bionic x4 ,or 01 .but its expensive
    if place is flat , you can use scanner
    Good Luck

Nov 2013
    3 times
    well if you still need help let me know, i know it is been a while but who knows, meaning since you post the add, prospexican@aol.com

us
    scott

Jan 2013
    western md
    garrett 250 and new this year at pro
    36 times
    maybe just maybe the ghost in the house got him and his claivoient friend . I was all wound up over this one and was on the edge of my seat but just one time is there any posts on here of anyone finding the treasure and a pic of it gosh I read all these leads but never find the end or any pics to show the mother lode .

gosh ,

Scott

Dec 2006
    315 times
    i think GG is long gone too, i cant remember why, but for some reason way back i thought that
    betty and Gdadhad prob happened on someone else's cache, and i looked into it, just dont have
    that info anymore, but a quick search got the stuff below,so if anyone here thinks they to have
    a lead, but are confused as to, the who, when,where, maybe this info will help

there are still court arguments over the new mexico land grants
    the latest
    Spanish Heirs Vs. Homeowners Fight In New Mexico Land Grant Smackdown | Fox News Latino
    more
    Land Grants

info and finding aid on the land grants
    Twitchell arranged and assigned the numbers still in use today.
    Twitchell Vol. 1 also includes short descriptions and an index for documents in the volume.
    The Twitchell numbers are used in the finding guide, the microfilms, the English translations and the chronological date guide
    Spanish and Mexican Archives of New Mexico - Colonial New Mexico & New Spain - Research Guides at University of New Mexico

Author: Twitchell, Ralph Emerson
    Volume: 1
    Subject: New Mexico --
    The Spanish Archives of New Mexico; (1914)
    https://archive.org/details/spanisharchiveso01twituoft

imgs from Twitchell book about the land grants
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	names 1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	935435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	names 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	935436
    Last edited by cw0909; Jan 24, 2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: txt

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors