The Offer

capsmith

Jan 10, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are so sure the treasure is there .Have someone offer to buy the land for you.At price he cant refuse.Give him a 100,000 or a million if you have to.You still end up with 3 million , then sell the land. He get less than a 1/3.What you think?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Frank, you may have to bone up on your spelling (dow-sing) with the arrival of the Sunshine State Professor.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg capsmith, no one is ever that sure!

lastleg, Spelling has always been my worst feature, but strange enough I never had trouble with biscuit or boulevard. Maybe there is a little French mixed in with the Irish and Bohemian. lol I hope that is a little better. View attachment 657379

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I will not try to hijack your thread. I know it is about "The Offer". I will answer to the above posts and then I am out.

There are people that do things for fun, some for money, some for adventure. To my knowledge my friend Ovid was not for hire. When he was sure of a location such as the pirate chest site in Englewood, he attempted to buy it. Unfortunately it was not for sale. Ovid was not able to procure a contract with the Fisher group and against his own better judgement he went with the crew anyway. Ovid died a multi-millionaire. Mel Fisher worked with many dowsers. He was willing to try any and all methods from what I have heard. Lastleg-I could stay busy on TN helping with spelling but I rarely say anything. Mine is not perfect, but I do try. Bye.bye.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bigdogdad, Well, if hd died a multi-millionair, maybe there is something to it. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Y'know guys, with the OFFER phase almost completed now we can start deciding what to do with the proceeds. I thinks Frank
deserves to treat himself to a few luxuries, like maybe a trip to the goldfields of OZ. But he's gonna need company so how
many want to go along?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
lastleg, I got it all planned out. I am taking the MH to a place in CAL. near the Sulton Sea. A couple thousand acres of free camping. It is called the slabs. There I discovered flour gold everywhere, but it is hell to seperate from the sand"dust". The last time I was there I did manage to get over an ounce, but it took over a week to pan out. I now know a better way to seperate it, I have a gold magic spiral wheel, and the price is way up. So that's the plan. But it has to be the winter months when it is 70 all day and 55 at nite. Any one that wants to go is welcome. The nearest town is Niland about 5 mi away.

Funny face-flower.jpg

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yeah, I've heard of Slab City. Sounds a little crowded but if there's flour it's worth a shot. The Gold Magic is pricy. I looked
at it before I got a Desert Fox. Watch out for those Kalifornios and black nuggets too.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Lastleg, it is over 2000ac. In some areas you see no one. In the area where most stay, trucks bring in water and LP. I stay in the area with the Loners on Wheels of which I am a member. There is always a member there to look after things. The gold runs down from the chocolate mts. thru gullies. The G dust hangs up on rocks in quanties large enough to be picked up by my Surf PI. I just pick up the rock and dust it off into a big Ziplock bag. It is slow going, but at $1.6K well worth it. If you get in the area, try it. If you have a MH,trailer,PUcamper or even a tent you can live there for just the cost of food and water. Some stay all winter and save there money for travel in summer. Few stay there in the summer because the temp. average in summer is 102.

Yea I spent some time looking for peg legs black gold nuggets, but I looked in the area near Plaster City which was wrong. I later ran into a really old prospector who told me where to look. They are in the mts. NNW of the Imperial Dam.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
That is an new way to gather gold I had not heard of. Makes sense to use your imagination to do what others have not
tried. I could really get into that. I hope to make a silver ghosttown run next month and maybe a gold ghost later. Also
have access to a large little known dump in one of NMs oldest towns. That is near a site where a gc hoarder put down a
tidy sum before dying suddenly. Puebla was occupied on last visit, waited too long so I have to moniter whenever in the
neighborhood, some 150 miles from homebase.

How to approach an inheritor is making my head spin. A final clue to fast recovery was confirmed last year but I looked
up at a freshly filled hummingbird feeder and knew it was time to evacuate and re-evaluate. I have to laugh at the twists
and turns of cache hunting.

GringoStarr

Aug 15, 2009
La Florida
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220, Spartan 175, Metrotech 330, Garrett CXiii With Bloodhound Attachment. Garrett Hand Scanner, and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Frankn, it seems like this guy does not respect your time, experience or equipment. Splitting a cache 3 ways is easy, and he can have first pick. Forget this guy, put it on the back burner for later, when conditions change. Walk away.
Gringo

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
We are making one last attempt to contact him . If he doesn't answer we walk. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does that mean that you are going to walk the whole 100 miles? I thought you had a MH. I dont blame you, I would walk or even take a bus, for 12m. Of course I could be wrong, and you meant that you were giving up, and that he could have all the money, instead of just 50%. Thats a great idea, that will really show him who's in charge!

In all seriousness Frankn, you talk as if you are a rich man and dont need this petty cache. Dont just "make one last attempt to contact him", just do it! Why is it so difficult for you to meet this person, face to face? He might not even be getting your mail, or laid up in the hospital, and you are trying to play hard ball. You dont really seem to have much to lose anymore. Some people just dont like e-mails and snail mail, demanding 2/3 of their property! Your not even getting through to most of us here on TN, so however you are explaining your position to him, he may just not get it. Now you seem to be hoping that the cache is not even on his property, but on the neighbors. If it is, dont blow that one too, and play the e-mail scam with him. Just admit that your e-mail game didnt work and now you want only face to face negotiations. The thing to remember is that if you come to a deal with the neighbor, and start digging or exploring, this number one LO will be keeping an eye on what your doing, and if you Dont find anything there, he surely will not let you come back and dig on his land, at any price. That will only convince him that there is no cache, or that the cache is really on his land. At this point, none of any advice given here will work, not even taking him out to a cheap dinner or asking about how his sweet wife is doing. Waiting for conditions to change isnt going to help either, except the conditions for him might improve a lot.

Do you hear me mister LO, I am waiting with detector and shovel, and promise to fill my holes too. (Just joking with you now Frankn, because you already told us that the LO is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and he would never think of looking on a treasure site, concerning searching for treasure.)

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg Another " White " comment completely devoid of substance!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I am glad you agree with my post, although it was another devoid post for you as usual. Maybe we could use the term "White post" for all devoid posts. OK everyone got that!! "White post" means a post devoid of substance, Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
like a blank sheet of WHITE paper.

Last edited:

Gnelson

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2012
Laquinta CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD 2200, Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Frannk, interesting post you have on slab city,tell me do you work a specific wash or have you found this flower gold in all the washes that exit the Chocolate mountains? i get out that way once in a great while and was interested in poking around if you can point me in the proper direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread