The Offer

K

Kentucky Kache

Kache, but you would also have relatives that you didn't know you had with their hands out, more salesman than you knew existed, the IRS double checking every scrap of paper in the house and all your computer files, and they would have NSA printing out all your phone calls for the last 10 years. Sometimes advertiseing pays with pain. What you see posted here on T Net is small change. I was talking about CACHE HUNTING, not stumble on small change. Oh yes they are nice to find, but don't change your life.

I suppose so, but that wouldn't be a bad problem to have, if you got to cache hunt for the rest of your life. Not to mention all the other things you always wanted to do and have.

I'm telling you there IS a story on here where a guy found a large cache. Yes, it changed his lifestyle. And he posted it, along with a picture of his new Corvette.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well kache, I have to admitt there are two sides to this coin and your point is valid.

Hay Mods! can you find this cache story with the picture of the Vet? View attachment 654506

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Here something to think about Frankn Do you or your partner pay a 1/3 of the taxes,up keep ? NO
another
Think of it this way every place of business has a store room right? Lets say you get off of working an 8-9 hr shift and clock out then you decide to go and clean and reorganize the store room without asking the boss on your own time do you think he/she is going to pay you ? NO
Now if the boss came up to you and said I'll pay you off the clock if you could stay after and clean and reorganize and asks what a fair price would be you figure "I make 15.00 an hour it's my time 30.00 an hour." Then you go a get a buddy and an expert cleaning crew DON'T EXPECT THE BOSS TO PAY BOTH OF YOU. The friend and cleaning crew's cut is coming from you he didn't ask you and your friend just you.
Bottom line it's his/her property on top and below YOU TOOK IT UPON YOUR SELF TO DO THE RESEARCH AND PUT THE TIME IN,YOU WEREN'T ASKED OR COMMISSIONED TO DO IT. YOU VOLUNTEERED YOUR TIME he/she owns 110% you own nothing,he/she doesn't owe you anything hell I'd be happy with a 60/40 split or 70/30 anything is better then nothing but I guess greed steps in and throws all logic in the crapper.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here something to think about Frankn -
YOU TOOK IT UPON YOUR SELF TO DO THE RESEARCH AND PUT THE TIME IN,YOU WEREN'T ASKED OR COMMISSIONED TO DO IT. YOU VOLUNTEERED YOUR TIME.

That is THE the bottom line.
I can't believe I'm even replying to this ridiculous thread again. ::)

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gambled, you lost....MOVE ON.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drewan, this has been pointed out to Frankn so many times, but that kind of logic just does not register. We all want 50% of a big cache, but this time I dont think its going to happen. And for some reason, he has not even considered the possibility of the LO following this discussion, either he believes the LO is a complete fool, or maybe there is no LO! Nice joke on us!

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I understand where Frankn is coming from, but if it were me I would accept whatever the landowner was offering. It is still money you don't currently have.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
All right, all right, I have talked this over with my partner and we have decided to make an offer to land owner #1 and if secessful, try to entice land owner #2 into an agreement. My partner and I are both curious as to what if anything is in the hole. This will take a while because snail mail will have used to move the agreements. Funny face-flower.jpg

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
All right, all right, I have talked this over with my partner and we have decided to make an offer to land owner #1 and if secessful, try to entice land owner #2 into an agreement. My partner and I are both curious as to what if anything is in the hole. This will take a while because snail mail will have used to move the agreements. View attachment 654829

Why do you have to use snail mail? Wouldnt face to face be better. You can read his face/body language better. Also you say you were raised with good ethics. I think man to man is the best way. Anyone can sit behind paper or monitor and talk. I live and breath computers, but I think email is the unprofessional way to do things. If someone at work emails me, I go to there room and reply in person. I know in some places that can't be done, but thats what I do.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ppratt, Lets jest say that your hearing is quite a bit better than mine so we work in different ways. Heads down_edited-1.jpg

bosco

Mar 23, 2012
knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on being # 800 lol. I really can't believe this thing is still going. Just when it starts slowing down and you think it's life expectancy has finally run out....it comes kicking back to life again.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bosco, how are you doing on the cache end? Find any interesting stories?

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, my partner and I have decided to reconsider the orginal land owners offer. The offer and the permission agreement have been typrd up. I have just sent them to my partner for his signature. If the land owner sends back the permission slip, we will go up to evaluate the lot and visit the second land owner on the next lot. Life is a jurney and it's the journey not the destination that furnishes the most pleasure. cheerio-1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Looks like you are looking for bait to attack. Hold on while I reel you in. Fish Pap 1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Robert, Jest a few more cranks of the reel!

kache, What brand is that 2 Box? It has a 3 part rod like my hays, hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread