Forrest Fenn s treasure

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beleive that I have the rest of the clues figured out (like many others. lol), but the blaze has me befuddled.

One of three ways the blaze can fit is FF said he hid the chest in a place that was close to his heart and meant a lot to him. Could be just a coincidence but the biggest forest fire to blaze through Yellowstone Park happened the very same year FF was diagnosed with cancer in 1988. As FF thought he may die, some of Yellowstone did die that year. All of the fallen trees can be seen by google maps.

I will say that of all the clues, 'if you are brave and in the wood' is the most important clue, as that clue puts you right at the treasure spot. Gee then why no treasure for me because I'm going in Sept. to do my search. FF said a child could figure out the poem. What concerns me is that it really is that easy to solve and I think it may have been found already, even though FF said it hasn't. It is possible that it's still there. It's possible I may have said too much already LOL. Either way I look forward to my trip in a couple months and if/when I come out empty handed, I can show you all how the spot I have in mind fits every clue FF ever gave including all the clues he gave other than what's in the poem.

A few posts back I posted a string of some seemingly random letters. Those letters say the spot I believe the chest to have been hidden. The last 3 letters in that series stand for Yellowstone National Park.

TTIIAWPNTBOGFIYNP

Last edited:

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CBS Sunday Morning just ran a piece about this this morning. It may have been shown before but it's the first time I've seen it. I had never heard of this treasure cache before. But then again, I'm a Shipwreck - Beach kinda guy ....

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of three ways the blaze can fit is FF said he hid the chest in a place that was close to his heart and meant a lot to him. Could be just a coincidence but the biggest forest fire to blaze through Yellowstone Park happened the very same year FF was diagnosed with cancer in 1988. As FF thought he may die, some of Yellowstone did die that year. All of the fallen trees can be seen by google maps.

I will say that of all the clues, 'if you are brave and in the wood' is the most important clue, as that clue puts you right at the treasure spot. Gee then why no treasure for me because I'm going in Sept. to do my search. FF said a child could figure out the poem. What concerns me is that it really is that easy to solve and I think it may have been found already, even though FF said it hasn't. It is possible that it's still there. It's possible I may have said too much already LOL. Either way I look forward to my trip in a couple months and if/when I come out empty handed, I can show you all how the spot I have in mind fits every clue FF ever gave including all the clues he gave other than what's in the poem.

A few posts back I posted a string of some seemingly random letters. Those letters say the spot I believe the chest to have been hidden. The last 3 letters in that series stand for Yellowstone National Park.

TTIIAWPNTBOGFIYNP

If the clue(if it is a clue) "if you are brave and in the wood" is a important clue it is of no value unless you know where to start and have loecated the "home of Brown".
I don't believe it has been found, I think he has some way of knowing when or if it is found plus whome ever finds it will probably return the bracelett.
TTIIAWPNTBOGFIYNP. the treasure is in a place near the bxx gxx fxx in Yellowstone national park LOLh
I will be there next month after the spring run off has subsided.
lol

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the clue(if it is a clue) "if you are brave and in the wood" is a important clue it is of no value unless you know where to start and have loecated the "home of Brown".
I don't believe it has been found, I think he has some way of knowing when or if it is found plus whome ever finds it will probably return the bracelett.
TTIIAWPNTBOGFIYNP. the treasure is in a place near the bxx gxx fxx in Yellowstone national park LOLh
I will be there next month after the spring run off has subsided.
lol

Below the home of Brown is not as specific of a place as many would like to believe. Some think if they find the home of Brown they will find the treasure under it. Egggh wrong. Well wrong and right actually. BTHOB is one of the vaguest clues in the poem and could apply to a lot of North America, however it's an important clue at the same time, as it narrows the potential search points from anyplace in North America, to less than just any old place in North America.

BTHOB is about as useful as when FF said, the chest is over 500 miles west of Toldeo.

Last edited:

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTHOB is imo a very specific location and is within 500 ft.of the chest. No one will find the treasure unless they know what THOB is.

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTHOB is imo a very specific location and is within 500 ft.of the chest. No one will find the treasure unless they know what THOB is.

They also won't find it if they don't know what all the other clues mean. A few of his clues are within 500 feet of the chest.

I don't much care if I find the chest or not after I search but my odds of finding it are better then winning the lotto. I'm just wanting to share my findings and how all the clues fit but can't till after I search. I've watched and read many stories of where some people are searching and how they interpret the clues and I'm shocked a how far some stretch the clues meanings.

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also won't find it if they don't know what all the other clues mean. A few of his clues are within 500 feet of the chest.

I don't much care if I find the chest or not after I search but my odds of finding it are better then winning the lotto. I'm just wanting to share my findings and how all the clues fit but can't till after I search. I've watched and read many stories of where some people are searching and how they interpret the clues and I'm shocked a how far some stretch the clues meanings.

True, but in order to find the other clues near the treasure THOB needs to be located first.

I intend to find it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ELDO you can't use TreasureNet to raise funds, it violates our rules....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clues are interesting for sure.

I will give the board one hint about them to help not get lost, as I feel that there is a problem with searchers getting "deep" into the Poem

Deeper than Fenn ever did, or intended to.

Fenn starts with:

As I have gone alone in there,
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of treasures new and old.

He tells you a landmark in the first clue to guide you along his road route

He tells you that he is being bold, or up front and obvious about his pride, and where he planted the treasure matches this bold pride

He then tells you to be watching out for tricks in the poem, as he uses new and old hints to guide you around the path the poem takes, so pay attention to the tone in each statement and the actual story he is telling.

Trust me, he set you up for a split decision to make, with two paths to take, but is that the route to take is the truest question....

....I elaborate more here.....

Begin it where warm waters halt,
And take it in the canyon down,
Not to far, but too far to walk,
Put in below the home of Brown

The WWWH had so many people hunting for a spring, or a dam........but Fenn slammed the door shut about numerous dam solves, people are still looking for a river and something that stops the warm waters from flowing

The Canyon is an obvious hint at a river with a journey, so it correlates with the previous clue, but should you take the journey to the End?

Obviously its further than you should walk to get to the river, driving to a trailhead and making your way, following the path an 80 yr old man makes, not in a raft

The Home of Brown.......a person, as it is capitalized....not a fish, not a bear, not an outhouse...LOL

From there its no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh,
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and waters high

Obviously he is saying from the point you are standing at, IF you take it in the canyon ANY FURTHER, you will meet your end, so dont go all the way down the canyon he is saying

Or you will be forced to take the path up a dry creek, one way out of the canyon or the other

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to seek,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace

He is now showing you that if you were wise enough to stumble on the blaze, you are into an easy win, your quest to cease.

but here is where he is saying if you go to one of the paths towards what you may think is a blaze, one of the hints of treasures new and old in the area, you will be seeing a scant nothing, having to breath deeply and move on, but he tells you you were close at the end, just so you know he duped you and to return to hunt the area some more....he shows this part right after duping you here

So why is that I must go,
And leave my trove for all to seek,
The answers I already know,
I've done it tired and now I am weak

He is telling you that as you are leaving you will find a clue to tell you that you are in the area.....I've done it tired or with tires on.....certain tires from a certain shop you see along the way as you are leaving the area

He is telling you that you already had the whole set of clues, and this hint is the one that makes you smile telling you to be ready to go back to your solve.

Now if for some reason that you got so far off course and couldnt figure out which way to follow the adventure up a dry creek at the split after the tragic ending, there would be a hint to show you the direction to circle back to find the blaze as you would be cresting a mountain overlooking the blaze and the chest.

This hint is the title to the gold he is speaking about, without showing you precisely any said clue, but referencing the way they circled around to find the blaze.

So listen all and hear me good,
Your effort will be worth the cold,
If you are brave and in the wood,
I give you title to the gold.

He finalizes this all to tell you to saddle up, and go for a ride through the blaze, like a real cowboy would.

Aint that some dart.

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brown could be a nickname FF used to refer to brown trout as a youth and if so, a nickname would be capitalized.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brown could be a nickname FF used to refer to brown trout as a youth and if so, a nickname would be capitalized.

Nope......its a man who was a pioneer. The first person to settle in the area actually

rich99ard

Greenie
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working on this poem for a couple of years now and have been out hunting a few times in montana and new mexico. I believe a person can't take most words at face value in the poem - one of Forrest's favorite literary hobbies is to find different meanings of words.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all the clues in the poem, I'm curious which 'one' clue people would like to know the answer to the most. Begin it where warm waters halt, below the home of Brown, If you've been wise and found the blaze, or another clue?

I have a specific spot where I am going to search in September. Was going to do it last year but everything went crap on my plans. All the clues point to this spot, as well as everything else Fenn has said about it, such as people being within 500 feet of it and a couple people within I think it was like 20 feet or something. After I do my search and am positive I have searched the location all the way through and if I end up with nothing, I will post all the reasons why I thought the poem described this exact spot.

House of Brown? What's your thoughts?

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working on this poem for a couple of years now and have been out hunting a few times in montana and new mexico. I believe a person can't take most words at face value in the poem - one of Forrest's favorite literary hobbies is to find different meanings of words.

A word to the Wise from rich99ard.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
House of Brown? What's your thoughts?

It's the sewage treatment plant 2 miles or so north northwest of his home. The warm waters end there. Then there is a canyon below that is to far to walk to, it's got a parking lot. Then follow up the creek and turn northwest.

See the tall peak? FF can see most of that peak from his house.

You can share the treasure with me if you would like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread