Forrest Fenn s treasure

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WWWH site revisited

So then, the WWWH site was dark on 8/07/2015.
Is there a message there? I wonder as I wander.

1) The USA dropped LITTLE BOY on 8/6/1945. No one knows what the future holds, but when and IF
another such act takes place, there likely will be NO DAY AFTER TOMORROW as we have come know it.
So kiddos, just party like there will be no day after tomorrow. A week long B-Day celebration
may be in order? NO JOKE.

2) Or, the creation of world in seven (7) days? Total darkness to LIGHT?
8/15-8/22? BIG JOKE!!

Whaddaya think of them onions?

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling its in a (brown) van (with wood paneled interior) down by the river. Question is, which river? I think the blaze is Chris Farleys bones.

6 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 13 seconds.

Attachments

• in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpeg
    in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 130
  • kaprekar.jpg
    kaprekar.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of Greeks

Speaking of the Greeks. Have you guys observed how much Fenn's bronze Romanesque Chest,
filled with whatever it is filled with, calls up an image of a Romanesque painting of
an attack on The Parthenon (a former temple on the Athenian Acropolis} by the Barbarians "back in
the day" Or the attack by in 1683 by the Turkish Army?

Causes one to wonder if the TTTC seekers are playing the role of Francesco Morosini. Fenn is
known to remark that the chest was not locked bacause Fenn did not want some red neck busting up the chest to get inside.

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th quarter, no time outs, 6 seconds left, 4th down, down by 4 points, 3 yards to goal line!

30 hours 1400 miles later I'm going to score that touchdown.

Already did a initial recon...can't access treasure from heavy loads, east or south...going in from southeast at about 7:30-8:00 p.m.

Checked into the NEAREST hotel at 3:00 p.m. here time....incase anybody would want to contact me left a message with font desk with contact info.

Thought for the day: Life's an adventure-adventures should be fun...the number one rule for fun is to play nice and behive.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Hobo

The Parthenon attack and destruction by the Venetians in 1867 occured long after the chest was constructed.

"The project to build a new temple to replace the damaged buildings of the acropolis following the
Persian attack on the city in 480 BCE and restart the aborted temple project begun in 490 BCE was instigated by Pericles and funded by surplus from the war treasury of the Delian League, a
political alliance of Greek city-states that had formed together to repel the threat of Persian
invasion. Over time the confederation transformed into the Athenian Empire, and Pericles therefore
had no qualms in using the League’s funds to embark on a massive building project to glorify
Athens."

"Work began on the Parthenon, built on the Acropolis, in 447 BC to replace an existing temple
which was destroyed by the Persians in 480 BC and cost 469 silver talents to build. The work began under the orders of Pericles to show the wealth and exuberance of Athenian power. The name of the building most likely came from a cult statue of Athena Parthenos housed in the eastern room of the building. This magnificent structure was built of ivory and gold and was sculptured by the renowned sculptor Phidias. As with most buildings on the Acropolis it was dedicated to Athena to thank the Goddess for their success."

"Alaric I (al'?rik), c.370—410, king of the Visigoths from 395—410 who plundered Greece in 395 and
attacked Italy, conquering Rome in 410. He headed the Visigothic troops serving Emperor Theodosius I. After the emperor's death, in 395, the troops rebelled and chose Alaric as their leader. Alaric devastated Thrace, Macedonia , and Greece. In 401 he invaded Italy, where after some indecisive warfare he agreed to withdraw. The Romans were persuaded to buy Alaric's alliance, by paying tribute money on a regular basis."

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did more recon, know how Mr. fenn accessed. Turning into a night ops...probably just like how Mr. fenn did it.
There was one word I never really connected and that was the word brave...I would like everybody to know Mr. Fenn has a sense of humor.

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of the Greeks. Have you guys observed how much Fenn's bronze Romanesque Chest,
filled with whatever it is filled with, calls up an image of a Romanesque painting of
an attack on The Parthenon (a former temple on the Athenian Acropolis} by the Barbarians "back in
the day" Or the attack by in 1683 by the Turkish Army?

Causes one to wonder if the TTTC seekers are playing the role of Francesco Morosini. Fenn is
known to remark that the chest was not locked bacause Fenn did not want some red neck busting up the chest to get inside.

No worries as a red neck would never be the one to find the chest. They would be to scared they'd spill their beer searching for it.

Last edited:

chad68

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Fenn has confirmed with me directly that he has nothing to do with the site and does not approve of it.

FF told me the same when he and I went golfing last month in Yellowstone. After our game we had lunch below the home of Brown.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI BeenThereDoneThat; Re, FYI Hobo
Worthless info. as far asTHOTC is concerned

According to who Hobo? You and the late Robert L. Ripley.
Fenn's TOTC game appears to me to belong in A Ripley's Believe It Or Not tourist attraction
rather than The Smithsonian Institution.

NEB

Aug 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeavyMetalThunder said:
4th quarter, no time outs, 6 seconds left, 4th down, down by 4 points, 3 yards to goal line!

30 hours 1400 miles later I'm going to score that touchdown.

Did more recon, know how Mr. fenn accessed. Turning into a night ops...probably just like how Mr. fenn did it.
There was one word I never really connected and that was the word brave...I would like everybody to know Mr. Fenn has a sense of humor.

hmm, it would appear that you didn't cross the goal line to win the game?

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to who Hobo? You and the late Robert L. Ripley.
Fenn's TOTC game appears to me to belong in A Ripley's Believe It Or Not tourist attraction
rather than The Smithsonian Institution.[/
According to me and anyone else using common sense and not Greek history or poppycockolgy in the quest

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d

Here's hoping!!! BUT...we have all been exactly where you are.Metaphorically speaking. I still KNOW I have the correct location but still have much to search. Yes he does have quite the sense of humor.

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Maybe the countdown at WWWH signifies when Fenn's treasure chest is wired to blow and self destruct...?
HH
-spyguy

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the countdown at WWWH signifies when Fenn's treasure chest is wired to blow and self destruct...?
HH
-spyguy

May I be so BOLD and suggest to you, Spyguy, that should that be true, every fenner will know it because their respective Heads Will Explode. Better call SERVPRO.

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm, it would appear that you didn't cross the goal line to win the game?[/QUOTE

Gained 2 yards on a run ...plus there was a defensive holding call. game can't end on a penalty...Back in Texas now...Going to be at the 1 yard line with 1 second left
on next play!

I'm not in no big hurry... I figure It's pretty safe if no one has found it in all these years... Although I have not seen it, I can say without any doubt I know where it is at. And where it's at is pretty darn clever- Plus, I believe certain things are transpiring that finding it latter might be the correct thing to do.

" I have stared at the beast, face to face and beheld It's gaping maw!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread