Forrest Fenn s treasure

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Who in their right mind would not photograph the entire complete treasure??

So therefore it's not there? FF didn't do it the way you would have done it so it's total fabrication?

Maybe someone who didn't want the IRS pounding on their door? Someone who want's some mystery to remain?

Maybe it's there, maybe it's not.

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though I live in New Mexico I haven't had the desire to look for FF's treasure.
But one thing in his writings caught my eye was when he stashed his fishing gear
and came back was it a year later and was surprised to find it still there. I think it
was Wyoming
but y'all probably know more.

I might look there.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
For TwoCrows. AS one gets older you'd be surprised what you don't remember. Some times it's a simple thing
like why did I come out to the garage. Other times it's more important like did I take my medicine.

TwoCrows

Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So therefore it's not there? FF didn't do it the way you would have done it so it's total fabrication?

Maybe someone who didn't want the IRS pounding on their door? Someone who want's some mystery to remain?

Maybe it's there, maybe it's not.

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

And so the IRS WON'T come after him with all that glittering gold in the pictures??

And yes it DOES matter in the scheme of things. Example..... Does a car guy restore a vintage car from scrap to mint condition only to try and sell it to you with a picture of a half finished car? Would you buy a vintage restored car trusting a perfect stranger with a picture of a half finished car, hop on a plane, spend all kinds of money on motels, equipment to haul the car home, for a picture of half a car?? No you wouldn't. A good salesman can sell you darn near anything. You trust and believe FF's word because YOU WANT to believe. And when a person wants to believe, they will smooth over EVERY imperfection to keep it real.

TwoCrows

Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For TwoCrows. AS one gets older you'd be surprised what you don't remember. Some times it's a simple thing
like why did I come out to the garage. Other times it's more important like did I take my medicine.

Unfortunately I AM old enough to have already have memory issues. BUT....HUGE events such as FF's Legacy in the making....one does not forget any details while constructing something as big this unless it becomes a necessity TO forget.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here my friend.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it amazing about all of the complaining about FF and his treasure, especially after someone has looked for it and failed. Out of all of the supposed lost treasures out there people have looked for over the years, and have never found, do you hear them whining about the person who started the tale that there was a lost treasure. Just because Forest Finn is alive gives no one the right to sit behind a computer screen and make all sorts of derogatory remarks about him. If you want to go on a treasure hunt GO, enjoy, have fun, and commune with nature. You are the one who has to make the decision whether a treasure is valid enough to go after, utilizing your available time, and monies. When you get back home after not finding it do you sit around and whine about it to everyone that comes along, and then get on the internet and tell everyone you are an abject failure? No, you just chalk it up as experience and move on. Maybe you are not happy about it, but you gave it your best shot. I don't know Forrest Fenn personally, but throw away your crying towel and leave him alone. If you want to believe the tale go hunt for it, if you haven't hunted for you have no right to say whether it is true or false. If you hunted for it and didn't find it maybe you are like the other million or more treasure hunters that have gone before you and never found a treasure they so diligently sought. If you give up on this one go buy a book and find another one to pursue that you will probably never find, because you are a Quitter!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first rule in Treasure hunting is to gather as much info as possible both pro and con, to determine if it's worth the effort, for the individual.

This treasure is not lost, it was hidden for a specific purpose, and ff intentionally put himself in the public spot light and encouraged a following.
People do have differing opinions.

Most treasure hunters have many caches on file they seek, some active some dormant. If they drop one and chase others it does not make them quitters. Theres no requirement to find treasure "A" before treasure "B".

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you don't believe FF hid the chest, why don't you go look for clad coins the park? They may be easier for you to find, and quit trying to discourage the rest of us?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I said was, only the hidder of the chest and the person who recovers it would know for sure it's location. :what:

A little honest discussion should not be discouraging, the treasure story should be able to withstand some scrutiny.

What i believe or search for is up to me.
You are welcome to join me at the park. Bring your patience, it won't be as easy as you state, it's a field of metal debris.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of people like a mystery. Look at how the Lost Dutchman's Mine has entertained many for years.
FF did accomplish a similar feat.
Many problems are solved by brain storming with others. I do this when ever I can. It's always surprising
when the solution is so different from what was started with.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI all. I've been working on a few solves for this TH. Quickly wanted to share some "good" clues for anyone interested. I just read on page 170 of this post about some of you wanting to know the significance of the Jefferson stamp shown if FF's book. This is the 2nd reference he's shown relating to Jefferson. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Lewis and Clark trail in Montana. Thomas Jefferson hired Lewis and Clark for that exploration and I think he also made that area into the National Forrest. Anyway, lots of people looking up there. I sorta thought too that Sacaquea (spelling) is the "If you've been Wise" clue due to the past tense use of been..as in if you were Sacaguea who guided them along the "Blaze" (Trail) this is not where Blaze comes into the poem but they did blaze a trail. (Duh) this thought also continues with "Brave and in the Wood" and really think one should look for and Indian Trail tree..(Bent Tree made by Indians to Blaze a trail) Sacaguea used these trees of her people to navigate Lewis and Clarke's expedition in that area. Great Falls, Montana...Well enough for now...lots more clues to research and other "Solves" (not pertaining to Montana) to check out...MinerGirl P.S....Looking at other areas due to hoping I it's not in New Mexico..:) Just checking different States.

Last edited:

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...looks like this thread is a done deal. Seems no one is interested in sharing clues so I'm out. HH..MinerGirl

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI all. I've been working on a few solves for this TH. Quickly wanted to share some "good" clues for anyone interested. I just read on page 170 of this post about some of you wanting to know the significance of the Jefferson stamp shown if FF's book. This is the 2nd reference he's shown relating to Jefferson. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Lewis and Clark trail in Montana. Thomas Jefferson hired Lewis and Clark for that exploration and I think he also made that area into the National Forrest. Anyway, lots of people looking up there. I sorta thought too that Sacaquea (spelling) is the "If you've been Wise" clue due to the past tense use of been..as in if you were Sacaguea who guided them along the "Blaze" (Trail) this is not where Blaze comes into the poem but they did blaze a trail. (Duh) this thought also continues with "Brave and in the Wood" and really think one should look for and Indian Trail tree..(Bent Tree made by Indians to Blaze a trail) Sacaguea used these trees of her people to navigate Lewis and Clarke's expedition in that area. Great Falls, Montana...Well enough for now...lots more clues to research and other "Solves" (not pertaining to Montana) to check out...MinerGirl P.S....Looking at other areas due to hoping I it's not in New Mexico..:) Just checking different States.

I at first thought it may have something to do withJefferson County, but now don't think so .I also believe it is Montana, and I live in Az. I like your idea about the bent trees. FF said no one would find it by accident they would have it figgured out from the poem.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The map in the book. Who said it was "only" within the highlighted area, fenn?

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The map in the book. Who said it was "only" within the highlighted area, fenn?
The Highlighted area highlights the Rocky Mountains within those 4 States. He said he hid the treasure in the Rocky Mountains North of Santa Fe which can take the searcher through all the States to the Canadian Border.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread