Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I will not be there because I do not believe any treasures was buried. But, good luck to all who is looking for it.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut is a former broke ghost town in Colorado that I'm sure was covered by an avalanche many decades ago. Fortunately!!

Being that I live in Connecticut, I take your comments as insults. Colorado have too many bars and too many drunks. Colorado is so back wards, that all the streets and roads are dirt, and there are no cars there. People ride horses.

Aug 19, 2015
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I will not be there because I do not believe any treasures was buried. But, good luck to all who is looking for it.

Honest Samuel - just to be clear...tomorrow's meeting is for a missing searcher named Randy. It is not a group search for Fenn's treasure chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to the evening news they have found his dog, his car and his raft, but no Randy, and they have suspended the search until the get more information.

Aug 19, 2015
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The group tomorrow will be private searchers/fellow treasure hunters who will be building on what the official SAR has already done/learned. If you're in the area please consider helping in whatever way you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Wow- incredible reply to a group requesting assistance in looking for a lost or possibly deceased person.

I wish everyone searching a speedy resolution to this, there is always hope.

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a strange reply by Honest Samuel. I think any of us if we were in the position to help in this search would lend a hand. I hope this story ends well for Randy and his family.

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lonestar, Fisher F2, Fisher F4, Whites Coinmaster GT. WTB XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No one leaves their dog. And a dog will not leave their owner. If you are going to search for him. Cover the surrounding area where the dog was found. Even if they say it been searched. Look again.

They said it looked like the dog hadn't eaten in days. Hopefully Randy didn't fall out of his raft.

I hope he is just lost and is found soon.

Good on you guys for helping find him.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to those who is searching for Randy, and all of us wish that he is found alive and well. His family and friends miss him.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
im not in the area to help search, like was said there is always hope
if Randy came ashore from a fall from the raft, it is possible to get
lost an either side of the river, the map is NOT the exact spot dog was
found. just an idea for those reading, and not familiar with the area

searchers be safe
https://goo.gl/maps/WcfjMErZSp62

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
There's an update the volunteer searchers posted on Dal's blog from yesterday. They had 10 sets of boots on the ground and help from a pilot to do an aerial search of Randy's known search area. Forest himself has been actively helping the search for this guy and made an appearance at the restaurant they all gathered at after the search yesterday.
Some developments; Randy's car is still where he parked it and presumably put into the Rio Grande to raft down it. The car was loaded with all his gear and food for himself and his dog Leo. As has already been posted here his raft was found 9 miles down the river from his car and was overturned a few hundred feet from the river edge on dry ground. As mentioned above the oars were placed neatly next to it and this is where the starving dog was found and rescued the other day.
A private investigator is now working on the case since the local authorities in NM have given up until further info comes to light. The possibility that the guy used his umpteenth search for Fenn's treasure as a "cut out" to intentionally disappear should not be overlooked IMHO.
HH
-spyguy

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did a google search and the last article I can find, the end of January, still lists Randy as missing.

DiggerKeith

Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he buried the treasure he placed it in a bronze box someplace to find and just pick up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread