Spanish Treasure Cavern

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I will be leaving for New Mexico this week end !
I will be looking for [highlight=red]the entrance[/highlight] to a authenicated Spanish Treasure cache and mine!
Anyone who has special skills/equipment, in locating cavern entrances and is interested in taking part of the search!
"Note"...The area of the Cavern IS known !
If interested, Drop me a line !
This is NOT A JOKE!

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Yes, it is a joke. Authenticated, eh? If "authentic", then someone has already found it, hasn't he? Think he left it full Cap?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hi Dell, I think it not so serious if the subject is described as both a mine and a treasure cache. If it is a mine, then it's prospecting work, if it's a cache, then it's simple recovery. I know "simple" can be a misnomer but still there exists a wide range between the two.

Not experienced enough in either, but rational enough to know there is a difference does bring my skeptical side to the fore. So while it may not be illogical to have a cache in a mine, it seems irrational to say a given site is both at once. Seems the likelyhood is little more than a remote possibility. Sounds like a case of treasure fever.

I do look forward to hearing of the good cptbil's success all the same.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
many times

i was first interested in some of the stories of cptbil. but the longer it went on the stories kept coming. he knows where it is but he keeps coming back and back. all of it is always a sure thing. read some of the new and a lot of the old forum, and you will see what i mean. hmmmm. boomer

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Dell, I don't claim to have your experience so I defer to your remarks. I also wish cptbil best of luck but would not join in such an adventure. I don't seek adventure, I'm just coinshooting and md'ing. Treasure hunting is another thing altogether.
I am still working on my first bona fide treasure recovery.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hello out there:
I see that I have caused a few disagreements!
Yes! I know of treasure sites !

SO!
Why don't I just go out and recover them?
Has anyone been along the US/AZ/Mex Border lately?
1... I certainly am not going to camp where I HAVE TO!
Then walk off and leave my camp!
Any Idea what I would come back to ?
2...Two of these sites are right along a Trail used by, "Drug Smugglers' & illegals, etc !
A "Terrorist" was caught by the US Border Patrol not two miles from my last camp!
She was "female", Armed & had 200,000 dollars in her backpack!
One trip, just down the canyon from camp, A "FIRE FIGHT" Broke out!
AND!
Someone down there was, using Full auto weapons!

On another trip, I was standing on a mntside/canyon about 1 mile from another of my border camps and I was looking down at a Olive Green C130 heading, "Full Bore" into Mexico!
Which was less than two miles away!
I sure hope that no one thinks that I would go out there as I, 99% of the time am! ALONE!
Recover a Treasure, These Treasures consist of many pieces, placing it in camp and go back and forth !
Guess what I'd find when I walked into camp with another load ?
If you think that this is a bunch of "Bull!"
I invite you to go along with me!
You, "camp sit" :-\ and I'll recover the treasure!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Cpt Bill has always been a straight shooter in my book. He has always given me the opinion that he knows what he is talking about, without bragging. He is asking for help and for a partner. I for one would like to go with him, but I cannot due to other obligations. For a man of his caliber to go into this area alone can be pretty scary.

The Cpt is like 95% of the people on this forum...he is honest, very knowlegable, and a overall nice guy.

Hope it helps.

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
true or false, bull **** or for real. The adventure would be fun, unfortunately I have to work and could not take off, But when I finally retire or get a vacation I would go...

You could MD at the very least.
And Camping hunting is always fun

Best of luck to you Cptbill
I hope you find what your looking for!
Or at least have fun lookiing for it

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i had the chance i would have been going with Cptbil .... but still in Denmark so i cant .. ..

i can proudly say i am like 50% of the People here .. going for the hunt and the experienc not for the big score.. it is all about the hunt and the fun in it .. some people just dont undestand it .. ofcourse it is good to find treasures .. but remember we do it for the fun to.

USTiger

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Hello out there:
I see that I have caused a few disagreements!
Yes! I know of treasure sites !

SO!
Why don't I just go out and recover them?
Has anyone been along the US/AZ/Mex Border lately?
1... I certainly am not going to camp where I HAVE TO!
Then walk off and leave my camp!
Any Idea what I would come back to ?
2...Two of these sites are right along a Trail used by, "Drug Smugglers' & illegals, etc !
A "Terrorist" was caught by the US Border Patrol not two miles from my last camp!
She was "female", Armed & had 200,000 dollars in her backpack!
One trip, just down the canyon from camp, A "FIRE FIGHT" Broke out!
AND!
Someone down there was, using Full auto weapons!

On another trip, I was standing on a mntside/canyon about 1 mile from another of my border camps and I was looking down at a Olive Green C130 heading, "Full Bore" into Mexico!
Which was less than two miles away!
I sure hope that no one thinks that I would go out there as I, 99% of the time am! ALONE!
Recover a Treasure, These Treasures consist of many pieces, placing it in camp and go back and forth !
Guess what I'd find when I walked into camp with another load ?
If you think that this is a bunch of "Bull!"
I invite you to go along with me!
You, "camp sit" :-\ and I'll recover the treasure!
Bill I see that you are still looking for a parter :-\ you have been looking for one ever since I hooked up with this forum which has been three-four years I am retired which I have told you before in the past I was ready and able to GO just wanted to know WHERE and WHEN but as usual you chose to ignore my posts and ever give a straight answer Well sir here will be my answer ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( Buck

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
natf said:
In regards to Cptbil and his "stories". I haven't been able to log on in a while, so I'm not familiar with many of his tales.....but, I know the feeling of not being believed or taken seriously. I know the location of 8 cartloads of spanish gold that I found as a child, but didn't know what it was. It is still there to this day, but what some people don't seem to realize is some of the extenuating (did I spell That right??) circumstances. As for my "story", the circumstances are the fact that one cartload is on government property (section 8 housing site) the other 7 are on (or in) a waterway managed by the city the site is located in. So recovery would be a bit complicated. Not impossible...but slightly complicated. The only thing I've come up with so far is a late night "Special Ops" type recovery, but that could lead to more problems than I care to deal with at this time. Cptbil may have the same mindset. "I know where it's at if you got the gonnads" type of thinking...
Don't know the man, but I respect his generosity.
Michael Parrish aka "NATF"

Natf - without going into any details you're not comfortable giving out, can you tell us the story of how you found this cache as a child? I love stories like those - it "keeps the juice flowing" so to speak in my own search for treasure!!

Thanks

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
To Whom it may Concern :

I don't normally slam someone on the net. Everyone has there opinion.
This old saying may fit "Buyer BeWare", " Don't count your chicken's before they hatch".

I wish Cptbill the best of luck, but I personally can't rely on him to show.

Jacko

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's possible he knows of a cache that is a little complicated to recover. I know of a Civil War James rifle and two caissons of ammunition that were lost over the side of a transport into the Tennessee River. However, since that is under control of the Corps of Engineers and the Marine Police make frequent visits, the search and recovery would be a little complicated.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
JACKO said:
To Whom it may Concern :

I don't normally slam someone on the net. Everyone has there opinion.
This old saying may fit "Buyer BeWare", " Don't count your chicken's before they hatch".

I wish Cptbill the best of luck, but I personally can't rely on him to show.

Jacko
BINGO ya hit right on the head :o :o Buck

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Hey Buck! I got your message but was unable to give you a call back :-\
I called you this afternoon(Fri 26)
Give me a jingle menana ;D
Thnx
MesaB
There are those that talk about about doings and there are those that are doers, makes one wonder doesn't it? ???

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Hey everyone cptbil is the real thing. He is a professional treasure hunter. I am 100% positive.

Anyone that has worked with Gene Ballinger for as long as he did is for real. Gene was one of my mentors and he was an inspiration to me.

ericwt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread