Spanish Treasure Cavern

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Roadquest said:
I will say this for Cptbil, He is like any real treasure hunter thats been at it
for a while, myself include, we may get a little out there
But he is the real deal....Roadquest
Question Roadquest and ericwt HAVE YOU NEVER MET AND GONE ON A TREAURE HUNT WITH HIM (YES OR NO) :-\ answer me true (YES OR NO)

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Buck: No, I have not.

We know some of the same people, but our paths have never crossed. I believe I mentioned that he worked with someone I respected for years.

If I was not involved in my own projects I would jump at the chance.

Have you worked with him?

ericwt

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Roadquest said:
Last time I had a yes or no question like that. I think I was in like the third grade. lol
I have a feeling Bill could care less what any of us think of him.
are you a politician for you sure talk like one take your stand right down the middle of the road can't make up your mind to say YES or NO I am sorry that enter this post with a politician

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
ericwt said:
Buck: No, I have not.

We know some of the same people, but our paths have never crossed. I believe I mentioned that he worked with someone I respected for years.

If I was not involved in my own projects I would jump at the chance.

Have you worked with him?

ericwt
I would like to change my post and say this about cptBill here goes I am sure that bill is a good at treasure hunting i won't say that he not I just saying that he is very unreliable if you want to read some his posts saying that he needs some help on his trips well ya only can wait soooo long so in closing I hope that this will clear up the matter of cptbill the treasure hunter

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
HAY! Buck!
Last time that we were to go out...wasn't it YOU! Who had to go on a trip No. of Phx, instead?
But! ,
I'm glad to hear that you are "Ready & Able" !
I have a little work left to do, rebuilding, on the trailer.... & got some livestock being delivered...few things like this...
But!
I hope to be on the road, in about three weeks !
Would you be up to a trip to the top of the Caballo Mnts, NM ? A very interesting cave ..... Possible Spanish Treasure Site. .
A LARGE ONE!
OR ?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ya know Bill, I'm new to this, and certainly have no experience w/ you, or even a really good opinion as I have not read your previous posts....BUT, if you're wondering why everyone is not believing your claims, think about this...

You contradict yourself, and that makes me leary of you. Maybe you should go back and read your own stuff before you post....In your first post of this thread, you say the location is KNOWN, yet you ask for help from anyone with cave entrance detecting equipment or experience to help you LOOK for it...If the loc is known, why do you have to look?

Also in your first post, you say this cave is an AUTHENTICATED Spanish treasure cave....now it's a "possible" treasure location. I think I'll stay home on this one.

Jason

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaSeeker said:
Ya know Bill, I'm new to this, and certainly have no experience w/ you, or even a really good opinion as I have not read your previous posts....BUT, if you're wondering why everyone is not believing your claims, think about this...

You contradict yourself, and that makes me leary of you. Maybe you should go back and read your own stuff before you post....In your first post of this thread, you say the location is KNOWN, yet you ask for help from anyone with cave entrance detecting equipment or experience to help you LOOK for it...If the loc is known, why do you have to look?

Also in your first post, you say this cave is an AUTHENTICATED Spanish treasure cave....now it's a "possible" treasure location. I think I'll stay home on this one.

Jason
I've questioned Bill in the past.I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here.This was originally posted in 2003.Maybe this is a different locale.He's got a lot of prospects,so i've read.If I wasn't settled ,down here,I would take him up on it just for the adventure alone.Of course if he didn't show as it appears he didn't with the late JACKO,i'd for sure be pissed. ;D

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I give him the benefit of doubt as well, just trying to explain why some people might NOT take him seriously. Me, a trusting soul with NO experience, doesn't know what to think because of what I posted above. I for one prefer to challenge the depths and the sharks for my treasure, I'll leave the Mexican Mafia and Drug runners to Cpt. Bill ;)

No offense meant Bill, just an observation of mine after reading your post. To your credit, I like the fact that you don't really seem to care if others believe you or not. If you know of anything good under water, I'll join you!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Well!
I see that we must revert to a few "basics" here !
When I use the word "authenicate" in the research mode, this means, that I have factual "hands on" evidence !
I don't mean that I "heard" or "read" something on this site/legend, in a treasure mag!
I mean, that I have, as, in this case, a copy of The Church's Way Bill !
And!
I, also have, a copy of the Spanish (Church/priest) Map to this site!
This is what I call, "authenic" evidence ....
Knowing the location (found by 5 yrs of "ground poundin") and extracting the treasure are TWO VERY DIFFERENT things, believe me! :-\
Why would I need help?
The camp, where I'l have to camp, is but a few yards from a MAIN Smuggler and Illegal alien trail!
I NEED HELP To Secure the camp & area and ! the treasure which is going to take time, because of it's size, to bring into and store at camp!
When people hear that there is a very good possiblity that there might be shooting involved...
Well!
It seems, They have other things and other places to be!
Now!
I'll admit, that I have nearly enough "Guns"! to accomplish the job!
If you think this to be a bunch of "Bull!"
Remember ! that I said,
[u/]"Nearly enough"![/u]

There's still room for a few/anyone else!
There's also still plenty of this treaure to go around!
I'll be at this email address for another three weeks...SO! I am hoping !
Things keep popping up to delay my departure!!!
Drop me a line !
TEST/CHECK ME OUT!
When we get togather, I can and will!
Produce this, "WayBill & Map" !

Infosponge

Jul 20, 2006
Too close to the border
Detector(s) used
They went that way <<<<<>>>>>>
Howdy CptBil,

I for one wish you all the luck in the world, your going to need it. I love a challenge, but the challenge I love is trying to break the codes in waybills and maps. Is there any chance of obtaining copies of both from you?

Sincerely,

Infosponge

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
The "waybill" &/or map, really don't need any complex research!
They are easy to read and very straight foreward...
After the "recovery" is completed, I'll be glad to send them to you..
But!
I am sure that you understand, I don't want to foreward them now!
But!
I do Have a Spanish Map, that is a "rock" map, that, has defied FULL Explaination!
How experienced at Spanish Intreptation are you?
Pls Ans...to my email address, with your email address !

P

phxAZ

Bill, do you have a permit for the treasure hunt? Unless the expedition will be rather inconspicous, you're going to be ran off by BP and associated LEOs within several hours. No doubt your border camp is going to raise eyebrows with BP/Local LEO/regional DHS. You're facing UMA/drones, seismo detection, thermal and infared to name a few. And once you are spotted there will be a big green and white SUV watching your every move. Then if you recover anything, you'll likely be stopped as you start leaving the border area, and be stopped at the interstate checkpoints with a chance of them wondering why you have all this loot. Sounds like a mess. That is your biggest obstacle, the border is not nearly as dangerous as you seem to think, and the terrorist and BP officers killed are not true, not sure where you picked those up.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
phxAZ:
I have been camping along the AZ/Mex Border for the past 12 yrs!Sometimes within " spitting " distance of Mexico!
I am always, in the "Yellow Jeep" !
I bought this/my Jeep from a Border Patrol Lt.
Who used the Jeep on "patrols" along the AZ/Mex Border!
This allowed him to have all maintenance done @ US Govt expense!
When I bought it, it had been COMPLETELY Rebuilt !
Axles, trans case, AT, engine, rad, etc!
SO!
The "Jeep" is known along the Border !
I have been camped along the border for months ( & different yrs) at a time!
I usually get, when I am in a new camp,
a "Fly-by" from one of the "Black Helios" and from then on, I am not bothered any more!
I have been known to call the "BP" and let them know of any party of Illegals in the area!
The last time I did this, in Stone Corral Canyon, they dropped by camp, to let me know that they had picked the illegals (9) up!
"Shot the breeze" and ACTUALLY Stayed for a cup of cup !
Three days later, a "BP" came into camp, from the mntside of the canyon, he had walked, 4 miles, up the next canyon over, crossed over the ridge and dropped into camp!
He was carrying a bandoleer and a 12 g. pump!
Quite a feat !
I was prewarned, by "Duke" !
Who charged him as he came into view!
The "BP" must have been around/used to , dogs,as he "Stopped Dead" ..
Until I called "Duke" Back!
Who, I, warned "Not to going around Charging" a person(s) who is carrying a 12g Pump !
AS to The Border not being as dangerous, as I think !
Are you aware of the latest "Attack" ?
Where by, a US BP Helio was fired upon !
SAY!
If you're in Phx.. How about lending me a hand down there?
If "we" hit!
You'll Never have to worry about work again!
PS:
There is no requirement to have a "permit" to look for treasure or minerals!
As far as what happens when/if I find something!
A good TH'er has these things worked out WAY! Before hand!

P

phxAZ

Sounds interesting... we camp near the border quite a bit. Haven't camped in Nogales area, only stop coming/going to Mex. I've never felt in danger from illegals because they want to avoid confrontation. The the Mexicans on their side of the border can make ya nervous tough... they swarm and overwhelm you with worthless stuff to buy and takes a lot to get them to accept a no, talk about cut throat sales.

People firing at BP (rather rarely *totally confirmed* to my knowledge) are doing so inside Mex, not inside the border, as an aggressive statement towards BP as an entity. In my time in AZ I haven't heard of a citizen being attacked by illegals in desert. Not to say it hasn't happened, but just never heard of such a thing in the media or otherwise. I assume you're not camping on the actual border, right, but probably several miles or more within?

Sure, like anywhere in remote places, and you have suspect behavior around, you should exercise exteme caution, just pointing it's not like going into Iraq and you're going to need a batallion to camp out there. So if anyone is thinking about going down there with you, they don't need to hesitate because of high level of constant danger. I'd personally feel more nervous in the Superstitions... some of those people are totally nuts and they do not care about confrontation, and they are legally armed to boot.

I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to bring some finds out under any circumstance, but it is going to be incredibly difficult, even with contacts at BP. DHS has major presence there, and controls the drone program, amongst other things. It sounds like fun, but that's what I would be worried about, is if something were to be found, it wouldn't be like stumbling on to a cache in a cave in the middle of the Colorado woods, it would be either a bueracratic mess or a likely chance of developing a lot of grief if it were decided to just bypass that "extraneous step", lol.

In all, it sounds like it could be good time enough just to go for the hell of it, because the worries would start if anything good was discovered. If I some free days I may just tag along. Where are you going... Atascosa.. Huachuca...?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO: Just a few words on Capt Bill. Some are calling him on his phrasing of the words "sure" , "known ". positive" as wondering if the treasure, or whatever, fits any of the above words, why hasn't he found it etc. Some even have it in their minds that he may be a fraud or worse.

For them I suggest that they revise his past posts and see just what he would gain personally by being in this category, ego?? money?? Nah, he is just ethusiatically sharing basic data on his project., even generously offering to let others share the fruits of his investigations for nothing, just go along.

For someone that may not be acquainted with cache, lost mines, missions, treasures, etc, just knowing the above words does not give you a key to proverbilly turn it and open the door. There are countless lost mines, treasures etc who's locations that are known to within a few hundred meters, that are still lost.

Bill is perfectly correct in saying proven locations, etc, perhaps a little less flamboyancy might be in order, hehheh, but he is correct.

THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWN, PROVEN , ETC AND PRECISELY LOCATED SITES OR LOCATIONS!

For the record, if I were not tied up with my personal projects, etc., I would love to go with him on some of his projects, even if all turned out to be afailure. It would not be Bill that failed, just the circumstances and we, as a team, that failed. In any event, it would be a venture that would be filed in the memory banks to relive some time in the future when you are no longer able to do so any more. I already am close to capacity, but would love to add more.

I have known Capt bill for a no. of years, not personally, but through the net and correspondence. I have checked all of his posts, and nowhere do I find deliberate misinformation with any attempt for personal gain. We have argu--discussed Tayopa a no of times. Of course HE, like Father Charles Polzer, were wrong hehehe.

In my brief lifetime I have seen the world change soo much that it is frightening. In a few more years through world necessity, there will be no more new/unexplored regions, lost mines, treasures to search for or explore. Treasure, lost mines, coin hunting and relic sites, are fast being taken over by the different governments. In many areas just plain access is being forbidden, sigh.

So if you want a bit of adventure, check out with Capt Bill, whether successful or not is not, the primary point is that you will appreciate it later in life.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. a clue to a mans's character, is in his response to his detractors. If he is unsure of himself, his position, or remarks, he may react violently by 4 letter words, personal insults, or an attempt at character assassination. Has Bill reacted in any of these ways? Think about it.

Tropical Tramp

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi Cpt Bill,

Glad to hear from you and that you are still alive.

How is the hunt going?

Will you be up in Northern California anytime??

Chat with you later,
Jim

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I seem to recall from the very first post of this thread, it says 'the "AREA" is known." 'Area,' people. "AREAS" require searching and sometimes equipment to do so and sometimes more than one person. I feel that to many people are getting involved in this thread to give their opinions. This is not a popularity poll about his character or or his intentions or his past doings. It is a request for resources and personnel. There is no poll at the beginning of the thread asking if anyone believes him to be genuine. Nor does it ask about past circumstances. A lot of people probably find coudn't find their way back INTO some the neighborhoods here in Houston after I drove them around to different places for a couple of hours, let alone tell one damn rock from the next.

If you don't like him for whatever reasons you may have then stop responding to his post(s). What's the matter? Did you BELIEVE in him once before and then get let down? JEEZ......What does it matter?

I dont' know him myself and so what.

lay off......it's none of anybody's business except his and whoever is in with him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread