Not open for further replies.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He made his money in art.

I'm obviously one who is very confident it's out there. Forrest is genuine, if not cagy. I've looked for it more than once, talked to many who have looked. The overriding theme coming from those genuinely interested in doing the leg and bookwork is that it's fun. We enjoy it. That's the whole point. It it's about the money, you'll likely have better odds buying a lottery ticket.

I don't think it's findable. As kffputting as Frankn has been on the topic, he's on point. Every clue is too vague. Plus, we aren't dealing with constants. We're dealing with one man's often creative use of words and definitions.

That being said, this Iowa boy May not have ever seen some of the most amazing things I've ever seen without the excuse of Forrests loot. In an odd way I look up to him a little. I can appreciate a random middle finger aimed at authority every now and then.

Happy hunting. Be safe.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He made his money in art.
Since you know so much about his money you must know about his money problems now?
You are a bit jaded but glad you had fun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TreasureNet

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you know so much about his money you must know about his money problems now?
You are a bit jaded but glad you had fun.

I think his money "problems", if there actually are any, are unremarkable to the chase. He isn't selling millions of dollars worth of books, here. Not jaded, so much as realistic. Were basically talking about something the size of a big shoebox. Its a big mountain range out west.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think his money "problems", if there actually are any, are unremarkable to the chase. He isn't selling millions of dollars worth of books, here. Not jaded, so much as realistic. Were basically talking about something the size of a big shoebox. Its a big mountain range out west.

You're talking about your imagination and dreams.
Reality is its a hoax.
There is another thread for the dreamers who believe in the old goat looking to make a buck.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reality is its a hoax.
There is another thread for the dreamers who believe in the old goat looking to make a buck.

A hoax according to whom? Evidence?

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and many others. Prove me wrong.
V

You made the claim its a hoax. The onus of proof is typically on he who makes the claim. I happen to believe its out there. I have no reason to think otherwise.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made the claim its a hoax. The onus of proof is typically on he who makes the claim. I happen to believe its out there. I have no reason to think otherwise.

Then go out and get it. Fenn is laughing and cashing the checks.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then go out and get it. Fenn is laughing and cashing the checks.

I don't believe its findable.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
themarkd, I am beginning to see cracks in the plaster.
(I don't think it's findable. As kffputting as Frankn has been on the topic, he's on point. Every clue is too vague. Plus, we aren't dealing with constants. We're dealing with one man's often creative use of words and definitions.)

You know the money is there and will eventually go to the winner with the lottery. ( you'll likely have better odds buying a lottery ticket.)

I don't need false hope to see beautifull things, I am self driven. Frank...
(That being said, this Iowa boy May not have ever seen some of the most amazing things I've ever seen without the excuse of Forrests loot. In an odd way I look up to him a little. I can appreciate a random middle finger aimed at authority every now and then. )
6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg 6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-2.jpg 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 063-1.jpg 6 06-1 Yellowstone 054-1.jpg Rushmore.jpg ................................ There just isn't enough time to see it all.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's didactic little story that I borrowed from David Foster Wallace. At first blush, it may seem off topic to some few. But if you think about it, it is relative to the chase game.
"There are these two guys sitting together in a bar in the remote Alaskan wilderness. One of the guys is religious, the other is an atheist, and the two are arguing about the existence of God with that special intensity that comes after about the fourth beer. And the atheist says: "Look, it's not like I don't have actual reasons for not believing in God. It's not like I haven't ever experimented with the whole God and prayer thing. Just last month I got caught away from the camp in that terrible blizzard, and I was totally lost and I couldn't see a thing, and it was fifty below, and so I tried it: I fell to my knees in the snow and cried out 'Oh, God, if there is a God, I'm lost in this blizzard, and I'm gonna die if you don't help me.'" And now, in the bar, the religious guy looks at the atheist all puzzled. "Well then you must believe now," he says, "After all, here you are, alive." The atheist just rolls his eyes. "No, man, all that was was a couple Eskimos happened to come wandering by and showed me the way back to camp."

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! Frank...

Funny face-flower.jpg

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Reality is its a hoax.

:censored: :BangHead:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Here's didactic little story that I borrowed from David Foster Wallace. At first blush, it may seem off topic to some few. But if you think about it, it is relative to the chase game.
"There are these two guys sitting together in a bar in the remote Alaskan wilderness. One of the guys is religious, the other is an atheist, and the two are arguing about the existence of God with that special intensity that comes after about the fourth beer. And the atheist says: "Look, it's not like I don't have actual reasons for not believing in God. It's not like I haven't ever experimented with the whole God and prayer thing. Just last month I got caught away from the camp in that terrible blizzard, and I was totally lost and I couldn't see a thing, and it was fifty below, and so I tried it: I fell to my knees in the snow and cried out 'Oh, God, if there is a God, I'm lost in this blizzard, and I'm gonna die if you don't help me.'" And now, in the bar, the religious guy looks at the atheist all puzzled. "Well then you must believe now," he says, "After all, here you are, alive." The atheist just rolls his eyes. "No, man, all that was was a couple Eskimos happened to come wandering by and showed me the way back to camp."

BTDT..... I was hoping you could see "WHO" sent the Eskimo's.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for you NVradar:
More wisdom from DFW.

"It's easy to run this story through kind of a standard analysis: the exact same
experience can mean two totally different things to two different people, given those
people's two different belief templates and two different ways of constructing meaning
from experience. Because we prize tolerance and diversity of belief, nowhere in our
analysis do we want to claim that one guy's interpretation is true and the other guy's is
false or bad. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these
individual templates and beliefs come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the two
guys. As if a person's most basic orientation toward the world, and the meaning of his
experience were somehow just hard-wired, like height or shoe-size; or automatically
absorbed from the culture, like language. As if how we construct meaning were not actually
a matter of personal, intentional choice. Plus, there's the whole matter of arrogance. The
nonreligious guy is so totally certain in his dismissal of the possibility that the
passing Eskimos had anything to do with his prayer for help. True, there are plenty of
religious people who seem arrogant and certain of their own interpretations, too. They're
probably even more repulsive than atheists, at least to many of us. But religious
dogmatists' problem is exactly the same as the story's unbeliever: blind certainty, a
close-mindedness that amounts to an imprisonment so total that the prisoner doesn't even
know he's locked up.":icon_thumright:

mojo57

Sep 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leaving for santa fe on the 27 this month...dont care if i find it....its ttotc.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leaving for santa fe on the 27 this month...dont care if i find it....its ttotc.

Then you won't be disappointed.
But lots to enjoy there. HH

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

When you get there go North. There's a wild goose to chase. Frank... LOL
6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-1.jpg The warm waters end here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread