Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend. Was this man a real treasure hunter who found millions of it?

Nice:
He was an artifact collector on his own and claims to have identified most of his targets from the air (mostly on public land). It wasn't until an equity partner with connections started a gallery with him that he accumulated new friends and began his current lifestyle.
But that was before he sold out his gallery interest and the feds started investigating. I am no expert on his money situation but am sure some on this site may be from the "facts" that they write.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vor
I am no expert on money because I have very little of it.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In search of "Where the warm waters halt" in the realm of the mind.

During the first weeks after the Fenn treasure hunt game was called to my attention, by a potential search team member, in late April or early May, 2013, I accepted the task of bringing together some background data on Fenn from information available on the internet. In keeping with the trust but verify axiom, of course. As Tennessee Williams said, " We have to distrust one another, it is our only defense against betrayal."
Listed below are some of the benchmarks that caught my attention at the time.

1988 Fenn sells his art gallery and concentrates on indian artifacts.
Nedra Matteucci Galleries (Fenn sold gallery to Richard and Nedra Matteucci in 1988) 1075 Paseo De Peralta, Santa Fe, NM

~1988 Fenn buys the 57 acres?, site of the ancient Pueblo habitat ruin outside Santa Fe.

~1989 BLM files suit against Fenn over his handling of the dig at the ancient Publo site Fenn owned. Fenn counter sues the BLM and case is settled thru the AG's office.

1996 The Clovis point arrowhead artifact/or Woody Blackwell reproduction exposure.

~1996 Finn says he was given 3 years to live because of cancer and had treatment.

2006 The BLM and FBI take stronger yet interest in the stealing/selling/buying of artifacts from indian/gvt land and being sold on the black market.

2007 undercover sting operations by Feds. (BLM and FBI)

2009 Feds start arresting SOME for the targets. June 10, 2009, 24 individuals indicted.

2009-2010 Three suicides (1 INFORMANT 2 TARGETS of investigation). March 3 2010 and June 20, 2009, and June 2009.
2009 Tuesday, June 16: Fenn reaches out to sell his personal arrowhead collection,
2,900 flint pieces. Says " I will not hold out for top price. Instead I’ll sell for 30 cents on the dollar. I guarantee that all are ancient and you have a 14 day return policy to a buyer of the entire 2,900 peice arrowhead collection.

2010 (Release date: October 25, 2010 ) FF has his self-published Thrill printed and for sale in Santa Fe book store.

2013 February FF begins blitz self promotion of his Thrill almost two years after initial release date of his Thrill.

-------------------------------------------------
Collected Works, an independent bookstore in Santa Fe, N.M., had been selling about 25 copies of “Thrill of the Chase” a MONTH since its 2010 release. Within minutes after Fenn appeared on TODAY 2/2013, the store started selling 25 books a minute, estimated the store’s co-owner, Mary Wolf. As of the middle of Feb, 2013, the store had about 4,000 books on backorder.
Fenn originally had printed about 5,000 copies of the book. He had since ordered another 15,000 from his printer as of March, 2013.
----------------
Fenn says in an interview that it took him 26 weeks to write the book.
So, I estimated that he worked on the book project from AT LEAST April 2010 until late october 2010.

Two suicides of targets of the Fed. investigation had taken place in June, 2009, and the FBI informant ( Gardiner) took is own life March 3 2010. The release date of the Thrill was October, 2010. At the time, I viewed the Gardiner Island mention in the TTOTC as possibly being a "joker" for Fenn. Like a little inside joke tossed out in his Thrill to give himself a thrill. After all, the informant Gardiner was from Santa Fe and he was was likely pretty much on his own "Gardiner island" emotionally when he took his own life. Reports say Gardiner had been getting death threats and was seriously upset with the FBI agent in charge in regard to the way the FBI handled the news conference announcing the indictments of 24 targets arrested in June 2009. Fenn was a target of the investigation, however, Fenn was not among those arrested or indicted in the BLM, FBI operation in 2009.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#84 is very interesting and very important to people seeking his bury treasure.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In search of "Where the warm waters halt" in the realm of the mind.

During the first weeks after the Fenn treasure hunt game was called to my attention, by a potential search team member, in late April or early May, 2013, I accepted the task of bringing together some background data on Fenn from information available on the internet. In keeping with the trust but verify axiom, of course. As Tennessee Williams said, " We have to distrust one another, it is our only defense against betrayal."
Listed below are some of the benchmarks that caught my attention at the time.

1988 Fenn sells his art gallery and concentrates on indian artifacts.
Nedra Matteucci Galleries (Fenn sold gallery to Richard and Nedra Matteucci in 1988) 1075 Paseo De Peralta, Santa Fe, NM

~1988 Fenn buys the 57 acres?, site of the ancient Pueblo habitat ruin outside Santa Fe.

~1989 BLM files suit against Fenn over his handling of the dig at the ancient Publo site Fenn owned. Fenn counter sues the BLM and case is settled thru the AG's office.

1996 The Clovis point arrowhead artifact/or Woody Blackwell reproduction exposure.

~1996 Finn says he was given 3 years to live because of cancer and had treatment.

2006 The BLM and FBI take stronger yet interest in the stealing/selling/buying of artifacts from indian/gvt land and being sold on the black market.

2007 undercover sting operations by Feds. (BLM and FBI)

2009 Feds start arresting SOME for the targets. June 10, 2009, 24 individuals indicted.

2009-2010 Three suicides (1 INFORMANT 2 TARGETS of investigation). March 3 2010 and June 20, 2009, and June 2009.
2009 Tuesday, June 16: Fenn reaches out to sell his personal arrowhead collection,
2,900 flint pieces. Says " I will not hold out for top price. Instead I’ll sell for 30 cents on the dollar. I guarantee that all are ancient and you have a 14 day return policy to a buyer of the entire 2,900 peice arrowhead collection.

2010 (Release date: October 25, 2010 ) FF has his self-published Thrill printed and for sale in Santa Fe book store.

2013 February FF begins blitz self promotion of his Thrill almost two years after initial release date of his Thrill.

-------------------------------------------------
Collected Works, an independent bookstore in Santa Fe, N.M., had been selling about 25 copies of “Thrill of the Chase” a MONTH since its 2010 release. Within minutes after Fenn appeared on TODAY 2/2013, the store started selling 25 books a minute, estimated the store’s co-owner, Mary Wolf. As of the middle of Feb, 2013, the store had about 4,000 books on backorder.
Fenn originally had printed about 5,000 copies of the book. He had since ordered another 15,000 from his printer as of March, 2013.
----------------
Fenn says in an interview that it took him 26 weeks to write the book.
So, I estimated that he worked on the book project from AT LEAST April 2010 until late october 2010.

Two suicides of targets of the Fed. investigation had taken place in June, 2009, and the FBI informant ( Gardiner) took is own life March 3 2010. The release date of the Thrill was October, 2010. At the time, I viewed the Gardiner Island mention in the TTOTC as possibly being a "joker" for Fenn. Like a little inside joke tossed out in his Thrill to give himself a thrill. After all, the informant Gardiner was from Santa Fe and he was was likely pretty much on his own "Gardiner island" emotionally when he took his own life. Reports say Gardiner had been getting death threats and was seriously upset with the FBI agent in charge in regard to the way the FBI handled the news conference announcing the indictments of 24 targets arrested in June 2009. Fenn was a target of the investigation, however, Fenn was not among those arrested or indicted in the BLM, FBI operation in 2009.

BTDT2
You are going into territory that I didn't want to go. My point is on the financial facts that would lead you to believe that it is a hoax. Such as him claiming he doesn't make much from the book sales which is total BS. He skirts around the fact that he owns the publishing company that is making a ton of $$. Between that and his royalty, there is nothing left to "donate". Good research. Source?

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#84 is very interesting and very important to people seeking his bury treasure.

Nice Person
Noticed you were new. Welcome to the board. Your voice sounds familiar.
V

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V
Have we talk to each other, face to face or on the telephone?

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V
Have we talk to each other, face to face or on the telephone?

Not that I am aware. But the accent is familiar.
HH
V

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TreasureNet

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Boston accent, Vor.

Nice Person

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vor to BTDT2: "BTDT2
"You are going into territory that I didn't want to go. My point is on the financial facts that would lead you to believe that it is a hoax. Such as him claiming he doesn't make much from the book sales which is total BS. He skirts around the fact that he owns the publishing company that is making a ton of $$. Between that and his royalty, there is nothing left to "donate". Good research. Source? "
----------------
As I have mentioned before,Fenn's poem map without a doubt employs a rhetorical strategy
of extending metaphors through the entire narrative of the poem map so that objects,
persons, and actions in the text are equated with meanings that lie outside the poem
map. The search is in the realm of the mind for an illusion rather in the outdoors in
the Rocky Mountains for a physical object that one can physically touch, own, worship,
etc. The fact that most folks interested in Fenn's Thrill don't get that is not all
Fenn's fault, it is rather the failure of the "searcher" to GET IT! This Chase game
makes Shakespeare's A Comedy of Errors come across as serious play.:icon_thumright:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice Person- You may be nice but it is pretty obvious that you are Sam from Connecticut. If you don't want to get kicked off again you may want to change the way you post. I suggest that you do more reading and less posting. Do not get into arguments and you may be able to stick around awhile.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good book should be well digested

katzenjammer kids.jpg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Person- You may be nice but it is pretty obvious that you are Sam from Connecticut. If you don't want to get kicked off again you may want to change the way you post. I suggest that you do more reading and less posting. Do not get into arguments and you may be able to stick around awhile.

i had asked about the username change in another thread,now i know TY
nice person its good advice, HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very sick old man buried a 80 pound treasure. There is water involved, where it stops..........its north of Sante Fe..........I found two spots within 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all the time I wished to spend on this quest. I hope to go look in the spring with my brother.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very sick old man buried a 80 pound treasure. There is water involved, where it stops..........its north of Sante Fe..........I found two spots within 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all the time I wished to spend on this quest. I hope to go look in the spring with my brother.

I think you meant a sick old man CLAIMS to have buried.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
He is probably rich again for saying it. And then there's the next book! Frank...

6 06-1 Yellowstone 097-1.jpg Forrest for the trees

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn old friend, you and Vor need to shake this Bean Counter way of thinking about
this Chase game and Fenn or neither of you are ever gong to GET IT! These book sales
are peanuts compared to the millions of dollars Fenn has invested in artifacts and
antiquities that make up his net worth. It is clear to me that Fenn turned beans into a
fortune by growing his net worth not beans.:icon_thumright:

BeanCounters11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread