lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
That seems a little harsh, sir. Garrett makes quality equiptment. If you can't
understand how it works you should talk to the seller if you are unable to vist
the factory in Dallas. Have you been in an airport recently? The detectors used
in them are mostly Garrett, in fact I have never seen any other brand. I have
taken back detectors to the factory and exchanged for something I felt more
comfortable with. Give it a try before badmouthing a good reputable company.

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
I love it

Attachments

• Eagle eye.JPG
    Eagle eye.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 8,428
  • Eagle eye.JPG
    Eagle eye.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 3,690

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I have not used this unit but I know that Mr. Garrett personally tests all the
various models before selling to the public.

greenapple

Dec 1, 2006
lastleg,
first i'm asking for an apology to the garrett company and you guys.firsthand maybe i was just furious when i first found out that this detector is not good here in philippines.as i said every where i detect,its giving me full scale reading.so two time we dug and found nothing at twelve feet deep.maybe its usefull and good in some other place but definitely not here in phil.
thanks and good luck

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Greenapple, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with that detector. I just
wish you had some training with it to get to know it's capabilities and limitations.
Most of us have gone through what you have, detector anguish. If this was
mail-order anguish I have personal scars so I know how you feel. You need to
just ask for help on the Garrett Forum and you will get friendly advise. Good luck.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA Green apples: I am curious , how much time have you spent "learning" to use it? I have one and it works superbly here in Mexico, an area loaded with iron and minerals.

Do you clearly understand the instructions written in English or Spanish? If not, ask Mr Charles Garrett personally if he can supply them in the idioma which you are most familiar with.

I have known him for 20 some years and I have found that he is a treasure hunter himself when ever possible. He knows and understands dectorists problems , and is constantly trying to improve his instruments and help others. He has established an excellent team to help with problems such as you have, the only thing is that You have to contact them and tell them of your problem or they cannot help you.

Don Jose d e La Mancha

p.s. check with Zobex, he might be able to help you.

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Actual results from my back yard using the Treasure Hound with the Master Hunter CX Plus: On a twelve-inch aluminum frying pan, three feet with a strong signal, four feet with a weak signal. I could also hear the water meter, an underground steel tank, and two foundations that used to hold up a clothesline.

I took it to the beach but found it would only detect whole beer cans. After digging seven of those, I got tired of it and switched to the regular 8.5 inch single coil. That found more than $3 in clad coins, and my wife had to drag me off the beach far past sunset.

Chip V.

greenapple

Dec 1, 2006
yes i got your advice don jose,don't worry the next time i'm the USA i'll tryto find time to visit garlad tx and have some hands on training from garrett.

someday somehow i'll learn how to operate it accurately.
thanks,
greenie

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Re Don Jose's comment, I mainly took it to the beach to see if it (the two-coil attachment) would detect *down* to a single beer can, or did it need a whole six-pack. The directions suggest it won't go any smaller than a one-gallon can. So its ability to find beer singles is an observation but not a complaint. In fact I'm thrilled with the whole set-up and wish I had bought one years ago. I presently have 3 sizes of coils for it and will eventually get the fourth tiny size.

Chip V.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Just to satisfy my own curiosity about them, how do you folks who have the treasure hound use them? Are you going out in the field looking for specific caches or large objects, or are you going out like you detect with a standard coil and just did when you get a hit? I've always wondered about these as I have a Grand Master Hunter from the early 90s and the two box treasure hound was an option for it. I would love to hear about what kind of things people are finding with them. Thanks!

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I bought the treasure hound to look for a specific cache about shoe box size. The trip to the beach was just a lark & a learning experience. I won't be going on too many larks in future, that darn thing is heavy. But it will hear things too deep for lesser coils.

Chip V.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To find beer cans, go to the nearest bar and order one! The inside is good, and leave the can there. :occasion14:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Better yet just waltz around to the bar's back doors and pick up all you want for free.

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
the treasure baron TF-900 is a lot easier and has better depth than the garrets or the whites... it has a lot better disc and is less noisy on mineralized ground... PLUS it is half the cost.... there is an extreme learning curve with the garrets ..... the whites is pretty noisy at all times

here is the link that will take you right to it

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/discovery/tf900.htm

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
Better yet just waltz around to the bar's back doors and pick up all you want for free.

I've yet to find one there with the insides intact! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread