Found Different Way To Dump Today

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I still lurk on this forum almost every day but hardly ever post anymore as my half dollar silver findings have decreased over the last two months. A lot of skunk bags and boxes, but my efforts continue. Have made a number of road trips over the last two or three months and managed to pick up a good quanity of the Eisenhower dollars. I always take whatever the banks have in hopes of finding some silver there. Anyway I sold 100 of these big dollars on Craigs List today for $120. which I feel is a pretty nice profit. Now if I could only sell some Kennedy clad halves this way!

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on selling the Ike's over face. Had a guy locally on C'list asking $5 ea. for "silver dollars". When I inquired, I found out they were all clad Ikes!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Regular circulated IKES always had a premium over face.. about 20%. I rememer 8 years ago, I used to be able to order a bag of IKES and sell them for a 20% on Ebay but I had to sell 100 at a time to get that premium. It was great but the only problem was that they no longer accept orders for them. Halves are a different case.. no one will pay a premium for them unless they are Ag, Imp. Proofs, GEM BU, or NIFC. Sometimes if you are able to put together a set of them and fill a folder, people on Ebay will want them. I'd only do that if they were AU condition or better. The alternative to dumping halves is to spend them. I use all dump zinc lincoln cents & halves with my purchases at places like Costco, Walmart, pretty much any place that has a cash register.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people still think that all the large dollars are really silver dollars. I've even had some tellers tell me that they were. I usually buy ikes when they are around though, never know if there will be a morgan or peace in the mix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions