You might be a CRH if...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... if you dream about finding a pot of '64 halves at the end of the rainbow.

... if you go to the gas station not to get gas but to search for wheat pennies in the "give a penny, take a penny" tray.

... if you see a silver dime in a restaruant tip jar & actually leave a dollar tip so you have a reason to reach in and grab it (I actually did that!)

... if you use coin wrappers as kindling to start a fire when you go camping

... if you go into withdrawals from CRHs after 1 night of camping

... if you're more interested in the voluptuous teller's change tray than the voluptuous teller

... if you are reading this right now while driving (shame on you!)

Saw a similar thread to this in the archives from a few years back. Please feel free to add your own!
HH
Baddbluff

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
You know you are a CRHer if:

You've searched through more face value of coin than you make in a year
You can pick up a penny in your pocket and tell from the relief of the coin if it is zinc or copper
You bought a silver colored Sharpie to annoy a cherry-picking teller
You never pay in exact change so you can look through the coins you get
You get annoyed when a helpful cashier puts a penny or two from the take a penny tray with your cash so you have exact change
You have broken a coin sorter more than once
You check in trash cans near self-service coin sorters for foreign and silver
You've considered selling some of your CRH finds simply so you can do a few more boxes a week
You've bought an entire meal with halves
After receiving a sealed box of 2011 pennies you take it to a gas station and buy gas with it

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
Generic_Lad said:
After receiving a sealed box of 2011 pennies you take it to a gas station and buy gas with it

Wow, that is a good one. I might actually have to do it.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
In any two-party negotiation, the final tactic - the one that makes or breaks the deal: "Can I pay you in half dollars?"

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
....if you see a Garda or Loomis or Brinks truck drive by, and get the urge to follow him. Then wonder how many silver coins he probably has in his truck. And think to yourself, I wonder if I buy this guy a 24 pack of Budlight if he can come over to my house tonight and let me search through his whole truck and replace anything I find with clad

its 1 30 am and i just laughed so hard at this i woke up the girlfriend!

ibuildcircuits

Aug 15, 2011
CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ever I read a book about Ben Franklin, all I can think about is finding a solid box of Franklins. :laughing7:

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasurnet.com is your most viewed website.
You sell on Craigslist and under accepted payment you include 1970 and older Half Dollars :tongue3:

Silver Bear

Sep 14, 2011
You might be a CRH if You find your self:

With the ever increasing desire to sell your house (While immediately lowering your asking price before the first offer comes in to move two states over NEWS (North East West or South.) since the skunks in your area are breeding and having multiple sextuplet litters through 5 generations! ;D

Or!:

If you have dreams of NASCAR (In Color no less!) around the shaft of the richest silver ore production mine in the world, and all the racers are driving armored trucks and they are sponsored by SPAM. (Short for "Silver Pile ALL Mine!") ;D

In the fine print on the sponsors sign it says:

("NO SKUNKS or dolphins were endangered by our nets anywhere in the production of this product!") LOL!

HH...SB

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
.....you walk up to the Coinstar at Fred Meyers, and try to act like you are trying to figure out the machine so that you can use it......

but it's all an act just so that you can get ONE GOOD LOOK at the reject slot.

....and the Starbucks gal standing 8 ft away isn't fooled at all because she's seen you do it a dozen times....

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
If you truly understand the pain of having spilled $600 worth of dimes on the floorboard of your car.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....You stay up to 2am to unwrap the rolls when you have a 8am shift. :laughing9:

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
legend76 said:
baddbluff said:
... if you use coin wrappers as kindling to start a fire when you go camping
That one's my favorite
I have to say the boxes with crumpled wrappers inside are excellent fire starters. I use them in my patio chiminea all the time and in my woodstove throughout the winter.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
When using or riding in other peoples vehicles you get the urge to search their car change tray. I know I've acted on it. All clad when I was driving my bosses truck.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get stuck making the meal run at work, you check coworkers change from lunch and replace any Copper pennies with Zincolns from your pocket. (and switch out any ATB quarters they got back).

HH,
Legend

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
...You can walk into your bank and the teller asks you "Would you like the usual again?"
or when you order 2 boxes of nickels on a holiday, and the teller asks, "do you want any more?"...

rachums107

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW these are hilarious!

You might be an addict if-
--you instantly take the random coins out of the reject bin when the teller unloads the bags, with out her telling you its alright to do so.
--you know how to operate the coin counter better than the teller.
--you memorize the silver values of each coin per hour
--You've bought a hunting license to seek and destroy the skunks that seem to be multiplying in your area
keep em comin! :laughing7:

byzanthia

Oct 8, 2011
north Dallas
Primary Interest:
Other
... if your car looks like this:

2emklr5.jpg

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
. . . you fantasize about hiking into Canada (or Mexico, or even Cuba) with a backpack full of Copper cents with hopes of finding a scrap metal dealer just across the border. :sign13:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you sometimes pay bills with rolled coins.

I've only done it once, twice, maybe thrice but it does cut back on dumps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread