You might be a CRH if...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... if you dream about finding a pot of '64 halves at the end of the rainbow.

... if you go to the gas station not to get gas but to search for wheat pennies in the "give a penny, take a penny" tray.

... if you see a silver dime in a restaruant tip jar & actually leave a dollar tip so you have a reason to reach in and grab it (I actually did that!)

... if you use coin wrappers as kindling to start a fire when you go camping

... if you go into withdrawals from CRHs after 1 night of camping

... if you're more interested in the voluptuous teller's change tray than the voluptuous teller

... if you are reading this right now while driving (shame on you!)

Saw a similar thread to this in the archives from a few years back. Please feel free to add your own!
HH
Baddbluff

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you pick up the dropped coins at fast food drive thrus to look for wheaties and silver .

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
. . . As you finish paying for your _fill in the blank___ you are more anxious/excited to get your change back than you are to get your _fill in the blank___ .

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be an addict if :

You have callouses on the fingers of both hands from unwrapping ( I do and its wierd)
Your 4 and 5 year old know more about silver and coin types than they do about other things :thumbsup:
The same 4 and 5 year old recognize the sound of a silver coin while at the bank, yank on your pants and give you a big smile
You have 15 $1,000 capacity cloth coin bags in the rotation
Your kids and wife arrange schedules around pickup and dump days
You look at dime and halves boxes and wonder if you had enough to build a guest bedroom onto the house with them
Your pickup day falls when you are at work, no one is available to pick them up and you thought about taking a "sick" day to get them

Thats all for my house, My wife and kids love it, Rather have my kids doing something they enjoy vs. sitting in front of a video game all day....

HH!

OP
OP
baddbluff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimikiri said:
...if on the way to your dump bank your car keeps reminding you to "Buckle the Safety Belt" of your passanger.

That's friggin funny!

Awesome response, folks!
HH
Baddbluff

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...12:00 - lunchtime! Food can wait, I am going to open as many rolls in an hour as I can :)

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
kimikiri said:
...if on the way to your dump bank your car keeps reminding you to "Buckle the Safety Belt" of your passanger.

That's friggin funny!

Awesome response, folks!
HH
Baddbluff

That is just great..

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75
You're at the beach with the girlfriend and she ask's "what do you want to do today?" and you've already got google up and running with directions to all the banks in the area.

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just posted a topic earlier about wearing gloves..

You might be a CRH if your fingers are stained black and you are not a mechanic (I'm not quite there yet).

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you know how rare a "silver " 1995 S half is. ;D got one today from my "teller gals"

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Petrified said:
If you walk with your head down hoping to see change you might be an Addict.

If you go through every change tray hoping to find a score you might be an Addict.

If you order boxes of coins from the bank to look through you might be an Addict.

If you look at every coin you get in change under a magnifying glass you might be an Addict.

If you peak in every register while paying for groceries, gas, etc... you might be an Addict.

If you ask your friends and family for there change just so you can look through it you might be an Addict.

If you get excited when you find a penny only worth about 10 cents you might be an Addict.

If people come up to you asking for knowledge on coins you might be an Addict.

If you take pictures of coins you might be an Addict.

If you own more money in coins then dollars you might be a Addict.

If every bank teller knows you by name you might be an Addict.

Problem is I have 4 of these and I dont CRH!!!! Darn Yet HH Chug

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
CHAINCHOMP said:
hey, does anyone have the link to the older post that is similar to this? i cant seem to find it...

huge thanks to mleblanc for finding it for me and PM'ing it to me! thanks again!!! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
hey, does anyone have the link to the older post that is similar to this? i cant seem to find it...

huge thanks to mleblanc for finding it for me and PM'ing it to me! thanks again!!! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

51 signs of a CRHer(55 if you count the 4 I posted at the top of the thread):

1. You can never drive by a bank without wondering if they have half dollars inside.

2. While on vacation, CRHing is part of it.

3. The fact that banks close early Mon. - Thurs. irritates the heck out of you.

4. Same deal with Sunday.

5. You examine any change given to you at a checkout before it goes into your pocket.

6. You also strain to look at the dime and quarter compartments in said checkout registers.

7. You get suspicious looks from bank tellers when you look over the counter to "edge search" their coins.

8. You have enough lost halves in your vehicle to purchase dinner someplace.

9. Cleaning same vehicle consists of mainly removing half coin wrappers.

10. While examing change in a charity container, you are deeply saddened if you see silver inside.

11. You actually think of 'making a deal' with someone to swap 2 clad quarters for the silver one inside said container.

12. You've actually wondered the feasability of owning 'Coinstar' type machines to get silver.

13. Tellers at your bank appear friendlier to you if you're not carrying a heavy bag into bank.

14. Getting a silver coin in change feels like winning the lottery.

15. The thought of your grandparents bringing rolled coins to their bank is reason enough for panic.

16. If your spouse spent your silver for face it is justifiable grounds enough to you for divorce.

17. Silver clinking is better than music.

18. Gold is uglier than silver.

19. Payback for rude tellers is your new dump.

20. You wish you could stop all the old people going into the bank and buy their coin.

21. Part of your shopping consists of checking the Coinstar reject tray.

22. Seeing the teller come out of the vault with half rolls in old wrappers escalates your heartbeat seriously.

23. You think tellers lie when they say they have no halves.

24. All you hope to hear a teller say is "All we have are these really old half dollars, you want 'em?"

25. Your dream job would be a bank teller.

26. You have seriously wished you had a time machine.

27. Or some device that would light up when you drove by a bank with silver halves in it.

28. You have opened a bank account just for CRHing.

29. You have fantasized about going to Brinks and asking for their oldest boxes of halves.

30. The friends you consider the best bring you their silver found in their change.

31. You love it when people think all halves made after 1964 are clad.

32. The prettiest lady is named "Walker."

33. When you hear the word "Barber," a haircut is not the first thing that comes to mind.

34. You now hate the word "Bicentennial," and the year 1971.

35. When the teller brings your halves, you have to literally force yourself not to smile when you see silver on the end of the rolls.

36. Clad is another four-letter word which resembles another.

37. You just know that one, old lady teller is hoarding the silver.

38. Some other old, sweet teller has asked "Myyyy, how LONG have you been saving ALL of these half dollars for?"...and you don't have the guts to say... "about 25 minutes."

39. You also have an impressive zippered bank bag collection.

40. You may not remember the date, but you know the spot price of silver.

41. You've thought of looking for silver in church offering plates.

42. You've thought of CRHing in retirement towns.

43. Nobody on the planet is nicer than a teller who has saved silver coins for you.

44. A skunk is a horrible thing, it could also mean a small, smelly animal.

45. You know what NIFC means.

46. You've needed to use a dolly for this hobby.

47. You've lied to tellers so they won't want to look for silver themselves.

48. Your hands have looked like you dissasembled an engine.

49. The worst thing you hear is; "We just sold some really old rolls 10 minutes ago..."

50. You keep a large sum of cash strictly for CRHing.

51. You've fantasized about using the dolly in #46 to try to set the "high score" on your dump bank's coin counter.

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
anyone else guilty of this?....

So I was getting my oil changed in the truck on Sunday sitting down in their waiting area. I looked out the window and noticed the laundry mat next door. After about 5 minutes thinking about it, I walked over there and stuck $60 in their machine for quarters. Found nothing of course, but I thought of this posting and realized I had to include my experience. I hate that banks aren't open on Sundays, haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread