image-1379330504.jpg

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think ol'sagittarius is keeping any cleaned clad, and its probably a heck of a lot safer for him. Stick with the tumbler homie.

Read what I posted. If he is cleaning coins and they are not for him that would imply that they were for another collector to find and enjoy. Tumbling the coin will
destroy all numismatic value if there is any and some clad does have numismatic value. Acetone as I described above is the ONLY cleaner that will not destroy
the coins luster nor show remains of cleaning.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Read what I posted. If he is cleaning coins and they are not for him that would imply that they were for another collector to find and enjoy. Tumbling the coin will
destroy all numismatic value if there is any and some clad does have numismatic value. Acetone as I described above is the ONLY cleaner that will not destroy
the coins luster nor show remains of cleaning.

I would only do it to common clad, not a commemorative, not a proof, and not any NIFC, just the common 1971-2001 clad. Now if someone just needed that one spot in their book, they should be able to find it pretty easily in the future.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think ol'sagittarius is keeping any cleaned clad, and its probably a heck of a lot safer for him. Stick with the tumbler homie.

Acetone isn't that dangerous, but it would be much harder for me to do, I'm only 13, my dad has little time to assist me, and I would have to stand there to not make the coin corroded, while I don't have to do anything except put the coins in a tumbler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions